Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 months in. Are you still playing? If so, What are you doing now?

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Dailes and WvW.  Occasional Dungeon and Fractal.  Plus Im leveling alts.

3 level 80's currently, (Warr, Thief and Guard)  Working on Ranger, Necro and Engi all above level 40.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Still playing. Doing a lot of sPvP / WvW, and some dailies here & there.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    World V World.  It's all I have ever done and probably all I will continue to do. lol

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    No uninstalled it until they do something different with WvW. Got 3 80's all in exotic and the only thing that Ill go back for is the WvW, but they need to change it up because it got really stale and boring.
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by botrytis

Asking this poll, in the mostly against GW2 forum here, is skewed results already.

Jes saying - poll is troll bait.

I am still playing.

Not really a fair response if you read most of the "I have not been playing for a while" responses. None of them are "this game sux." Most are people who do/did like the game, it just did not hold them for whatever reason. Just because more people claim to have quit than continue to play does not mean they are bashing the game. It just was not for them, why  is that a big deal?

I count myself in that number. I did not hate the game, rather liked it. But my friends left, and the game got boring to me really quickly. Not hating it, not bashing it, but wanting to like it. 

I will probably go back and give it a go again over xmas break, but at this point I am just waiting on the next mmo.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Volkon

Are you looking for more straight forward or more hidden complexities? For the latter, if you haven't tried a mesmer they really begin to shine at higer levels as you begin to really enhance them with traits. The more straight forward seeming ones, such as warriors or rangers, have good bits of hidden depth but you don't "need" to uncover all that as soon to get a lot out of them.

I have been trying out a mesmer most recently. I would like it more if the illusions didn't seem a little bugged. My first toon ever in GW1 was mesmer, so I thought I would really enjoy the one in GW2. I might try out warrior next.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Originally posted by Volkon

Are you looking for more straight forward or more hidden complexities? For the latter, if you haven't tried a mesmer they really begin to shine at higer levels as you begin to really enhance them with traits. The more straight forward seeming ones, such as warriors or rangers, have good bits of hidden depth but you don't "need" to uncover all that as soon to get a lot out of them.

I have been trying out a mesmer most recently. I would like it more if the illusions didn't seem a little bugged. My first toon ever in GW1 was mesmer, so I thought I would really enjoy the one in GW2. I might try out warrior next.

Ooh, mesmer is my main, I just looked and have 674 or so hours on it. It's fun, especially at 80 with full traits. You can trait your shatters to cripple foes, to stack confuse on them, etc. You can trait to create a clone when you dodge... that's a must have, it turns dodging into a weapon. I'm constantly creating and shattering, plus using Arcane Thievery, Feedback and Null Field as utilities really seems to give me a flowing, dynamic and deadly little bugger (Asura) that can help allies as well as make life suck for the enemy.

I hate that they nerfed Arcane Thievery to only transferring three boons and conditions from all... but to be honest is was overpowered when it was all. It's still really useful though.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

I just hit the 1k hr game play mark not to long ago, and still plaqying strong.

Which, is weird for me because i play a mmo for 1 week-2weeks and then get tired and leave. Did it with WoW,Rift,Gw1, and so many other MMOs. 

I am doing the jps, fractals, WvW, DE, DGN,exploring(finding weird places) Funny thing Is I dont even got map completion yet. 

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Mostly WvW, end game event zergs, helping guildmates and all-around having far more fun than any MMORPG has been able to give me in 4 years. Its about time a game came out that can hold my guilds interest for more than 3-4 months. This game provides everything DaoC could not in terms of RvR, everything SWTOR couldnt in terms of guild events and everything NO game could do in terms of helping friends of lower level by making it so we can PLAY TOGETHER no matter the level and be on the same footing.

No subscription.

No laughable paytrap/freemium crap failed subscription games are pulling by trying to call themselves F2P.

Fewer traditional MMORPGers that drag a game down because that cant handle a game that isnt inside the box most MMOs are in...all while still complaining MMOs are lacking originality...

I will take that any day of the week.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Mostly WvW, end game event zergs, helping guildmates and all-around having far more fun than any MMORPG has been able to give me in 4 years. Its about time a game came out that can hold my guilds interest for more than 3-4 months. This game provides everything DaoC could not in terms of RvR, everything SWTOR couldnt in terms of guild events and everything NO game could do in terms of helping friends of lower level by making it so we can PLAY TOGETHER no matter the level and be on the same footing.

No subscription.

No laughable paytrap/freemium crap failed subscription games are pulling by trying to call themselves F2P.

Fewer traditional MMORPGers that drag a game down because that cant handle a game that isnt inside the box most MMOs are in...all while still complaining MMOs are lacking originality...

I dont know if u are being sarcastic. I mean, u are talking about all the things that GW2 doesnt have. you must be sarcastic. 

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by jtcgs

No subscription.

I dont know if u are being sarcastic. I mean, u are talking about all the things that GW2 doesnt have. you must be sarcastic. 

[mod edit]

Perhaps you should save a reply like that for someone that says something vague and not tangable like "event zerg" which only takes...a lot of people...WvW which only takes zonging into WvW to do and helping guildmates which only takes a guild of TWO PEOPLE and for them to PLAY TOGETHER.

lol...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

still havent explore the world

some tournaments

some WvWvW

some dungeons

some montlhy events

always have something to do, if you play 2-3 hours per day in summary ...

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    No. /Uninstall
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I try to play at least once per week for about 20-30 minutes. I don't know, maybe I burned myself out on trying to get 100% completion. And this is coming from someone who logs in about 4-5 hours a day on various mmorpgs. The mmorpgs on my list currently are:

• Age of Wushu
    • Free Realms (the freedom from combat is a nice break)
    • Firefall
    • Planetside 2
    • Guild Wars 2
    • Pirates 101 (who doesn't love pirates!)
    • **Chrono Tales (browser) (fascinated by the full 3rd experience in a browser)
    • Dawn of Darkness (browser)
    • Wartune (browser)
    My next batch of mmorpgs I'm going to revisiting are:

• TSW
    • STO
    • AC2
    • Aion
    As you probably have noticed I'm currently not subbed to a mmorpg. That won't happen until Archeage, Wildstar, EQnext, Pathfinder Online, ESO or Phantasy Star 2. If any of them decide to go that route.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Still playing regularly (roughly 8-10 hours per week which is what I started out doing) and still loving it.

Finishing up my personal story

Still exploring

Jumping Puzzles

Dungeon runs - mostly Fractals so far

Some WvWvW

I haven't done much with sPvP yet and haven't done much crafting or dungeons besides Fractals.  I also haven't done much Keg Brawling yet.  But I will once I finish up the exploring and personal story.

Basically, I've been playing the amount of time I think the devs were targeting when they made the game.  It's too bad there are so many "bored" locusts.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Just a bit here and there now.  When I do log on it's to explore, do quests and some of the holiday stuff. 

The problem motivating me at the moment is there is nothing I feel motivated to work for.  I like the fufu rp stuff the game is lacking in...like housing, decorating, image design, collections, vanity tabs, more emotes...

And yes, I realize they have the image designing thing you can buy.  I'd like to be able to do it at will, like changing the dye of my armor.  I'd be willing to spend maybe $15 bucks on that ability if they sold it in the auction house.  Same with vanity tabs and housing.  That's the other thing that bothers me...they are not even offering the things I want in the shop.

So I'm bored.  Playing single player games until another mmo comes out.  Playing with the idea of Rift.  I know it has some rp elements. 

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

culling still allowing thieves to hide entire armies in WvWvW permanently?

no, not playing, and doubtful they will ever address or fix this glaring pvp problem since they haven't yet.

I bought this game for it's rvr reviews, but culling made this rvr game worthless imho. I really wish we saw this in beta.

furthermore ANet never once saying a thing about it, puts them in a worse light than many of the worst devs out there... almost to the point of EA, but in EA's defense, at least they tell you they are aware of a problem before they say 'tough luck'.

regardless, in today's MMO market, there are no second chances. You either fix your mistake/bug or be prepared to lose that customer base forever to competing companies that deliver the goods. ANet imho have lost any sembelence of praise given unto them since they allow for such a game changing ability to run rampant in an rvr game, and not say a word about it this far into it's release.

oh well, money lost and will never be sent their way again.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

Voted no.

GW2 just doesn't scratch that MMO itch. If I were asked to explain that statement, the best I could offer would be that GW2 is the ultimate casual themepark MMO which, at this point, is not something that will hold my interest for very long. It's a fine video game, but not one I'm compelled to play very much of. Generally speaking, I'd rather shell out the $60 for a great and focused single player experience like Skyrim, Deus Ex, or Farcry 3 than spend it on any MMO. I'm still very optimistic about the genre as a whole, but at the moment must admit that I'm pretty bored of them. 

• Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by TCTC
    Originally posted by bcbully

Couple simple questions, with a poll to boot. 

If you are still playing, What are you doing from day to day?

edit- sorry for the lack of "show results" 

Doing exactly what i do in every other mmo. Having fun with my guild mates.  Whats the purpose of this?

Asking a question. That's the purpose. Stop thinking about it too hard.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Whats the porpoise of this? 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Just got my first toon to 80, now I made an alt. Also I  havent done any dungeons yet so Im most likely going to do a few.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Nope, not still playing. Mainly because my 'hero' doesn't feel very heroic. Every single battle is all about dodging around like a ping pong ball in a clothes dryer. Every battle feels like one of attrition, and honestly I don't feel much like a hero, or even a character of note.

Furthermore, 'questing' in this game consists of finding a 'dynamic event' (yet the fact that they repeat every 10 minutes completely countermands the word dynamic) and grinding it until diminishing returns kick in. Then you go off to find the next event to grind until the zone is done. Nothing that I do has any lasting effect whatsoever, unlike what was promised by Anet.

I couldn't even make it to 40, much less 80. The world is beautiful I will admit, but ultimately about as shallow as the average kiddie pool. Such a waste of potential.

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

I'm having a pretty standard GW2 night of gaming.  Logged on and picked the 80 Ranger from my list of characters.  Spent some time panning around the map for an area he needed to explore.  Decided on a mid-level Charr area.  Started kicking around doing hearts and events.  Eventually someone called out in map chat that the Shatterer was up, so I grabbed a fresh beer and ported over to the fight.  Seems like the fight has been re-tuned since the last time I saw him.  Paying attention to what he's doing is definitely helpful now, as is knowing when to run the hell away.  Seriously fun though.  Now I'm exploring a hidden cavern.

Cheers from Tyria

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I keep bouncing between this, SWTOR, and Skyrim. I play for a couple of days, get bored, and keep going in a triangle lol. I think with this game the only thing that bores me is that its hard to find people running to the dynamic events and Im getting so so tired of snowy lands and the dredge. Im a level 53 necromancer.

There Is Always Hope!

• Shadow-FocusShadow-Focus Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I hit 80 with my charr thief a few weeks ago and dived into massive farming (no botting...big no no).  I made around 120g from the farming giving my charr around 147g total.  That took a couple of weeks itself.  Since that time I started leveling my norn warrior and now have him at lvl 55.  I'm having a good amount of fun doing that. 

What were you farming to make that kind of gold? Dungeons / events / mats / completing maps? Would really appreciate any tips.

To answer the question - yes. I quit due to boredom / not properly understanding the game quickly after I hit 80, but I started playing again about a week ago and now I'm having a blast on my smexy 80 thief.

All I'm doing atm is running dungeons (which are a lot more fun now people seem to know what they're doing and they feel more organized). I'm also trying to save gold for the human t3 cultural armour.

Played - WoW, LotRO, AoC, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWtOR.

Playing - GW2

Want - TESO, Neverwinter, Titan