Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you summarize Aventurine up...

The reason I ask is that I'm one of those guys who unfortunately didnt play the first darkfall (Though I did play the 7 day trial when it was £1) and would like to know from the community that is already involved with the game and company or who have been in the past, If you could summerise your experience with them in terms of; Customer Support, Game Patch Consistency, The ability to listen to its players and how long have you dealt with Aventurine?

Thanks,

Comments

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    If those are your core criteria, you're gonna have a bad time with Adventurine :(
  • EnzoBautistaEnzoBautista Member Posts: 29
    Think of them as examples to stimulate the mind
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

AV are an indie company with limited resources.. things move a lot slower than they do with the big AAA companies..

Saying that I have never had to contact support the entire time that Darkfall has been out..

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Aventurine
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

When i had contact with support they were helpful.

Anything that has to do with billing got solved. GM's respond quickly and friendly  ingame but anything more than unstuck a player was not possible.

AV's communication with the playerbase is HORRIBLE .

However there game is a real gem and i love it, if another company would produce a game like darkfall i would switch to that instantly because of the bad communication with there playerbase and sometimes flat out lieing

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Delays, Delays, Delays, and Lies. That's how I'd sum up Aventurine.

There is no "Game Patch Consistency" I don't think there has ever been an update that had made it on time according to their own release dates.  As for the lies, the DarkFall 2010 vs DarkFall 2.0 story is a great example.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by EnzoBautista
    The reason I ask is that I'm one of those guys who unfortunately didnt play the first darkfall (Though I did play the 7 day trial when it was £1) and would like to know from the community that is already involved with the game and company or who have been in the past, If you could summerise your experience with them in terms of; Customer Support, Game Patch Consistency, The ability to listen to its players and how long have you dealt with Aventurine?

Thanks,

A small dev company who despite low funds (compared to the much larger firms) and complaining player base somehow manages to be number 1 hyped game here, number 3 or 4 game on gamespot.

I think in short, if AV really is a problem, then it means the entire industry is cluster f*cked

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Aventurine in two words:

These guys excel at teabagging their community, it's their top skill and no other studio even comes close. So I give them a 10/10 there.

As for developing games, I'd give them a solid 7/10. DF1 was a great game in many ways and totally fail in others. They have balls trying to do a real FFA game, and they have some good coders, unlike many other indie devs. Still, their core design philosophy is pretty fucked and they'll never do the actual sandbox that many of us are hoping for. But they do the whole deathmatch thing well, no question about that.

Just don't believe a word they say and you'll be fine.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Imagine that Pinocchio is AV in this picture, and we are Jiminy Cricket:

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    since the release of beta they have shown class A performance
  • EnzoBautistaEnzoBautista Member Posts: 29

Well, a few mixed experiences here atm, I'm willing to give it a go but i hope the customer support is nothing like this....

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Laross
    if preventing the end of the world depended on AV creating a working build ...

They couldn't even keep the world they first created from ending.

RIP Darkfall 1

• Lodex2001Lodex2001 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    A joke
  • the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

small dedicated company with a game thats far bigger than there company...

It may take some time but I have high hopes for dfuw and AV they are doing all the right things right now in beta its just going to take them a while to get everything fixed but so far very happy with there work lvl.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by the420kid

small dedicated company with a game thats far bigger than there company...

It may take some time but I have high hopes for dfuw and AV they are doing all the right things right now in beta its just going to take them a while to get everything fixed but so far very happy with there work lvl.

yup good work so far. but i'm giving them till full release to get the major bugs fixed.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

they are currently patching the beta everyday atm, and tasos is posting replies to feedback and questions on the forums.

they are really perking up as a comany in my eyes atm.

they are terrible at meeting etas but to be fair so are valve and alot of loved developers who actually have unlimited resources unlike AV.

My blog: image

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Consensus

they are currently patching the beta everyday atm, and tasos is posting replies to feedback and questions on the forums.

they are terrible at meeting etas but to be fair so are valve and alot of loved developers.

This is pretty much how I see it. Tasos is considerably more active on the beta forums then he ever was otherwise. 

Hopefully it stays that way going forward...

(Never dealt with Customer support, in-game GM's I've met were friendly and helpful). 

Hi

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Consensus

they are terrible at meeting etas but to be fair so are valve and alot of loved developers who actually have unlimited resources unlike AV.

I merely see this as a 'repeat' of past events. Back in 2010, they started putting up a lot of updates, along with the bi-weekly updates posted by one of the Liaison guy, and that only lasted for a handful of months after which they claimed they stopped it to rework on the format (or something along those lines) and the forum grew silent once again.

Let's see if it lasts :D

(I think the bi-weekly updates might have started late 09, I can't remember, it's been so long already).

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

How would i summarize Aventurine? hmm...
    A small indie company that managed to create something so amazing and hard to make that other AAA companies wouldn't even dare to even think about.

Now with that said, they have also been really crap when it comes to communication. Right now though, they are doing great in beta, lets hope they can keep it up.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Over the past couple of days, there has been more communication from AV than there was in probably the past two years.  They still miss dates and piss off their long-term subbers, but overall, as a company, I'd give 'em a 7 or 8 outta 10.  Just about everything they say is going to happen actually does happen, just not on the dates they were supposed to happen.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I never dealt with AV prior to unholy wars but right now they are communicating pretty well.  However they are slow as hell when implementing what they are communicating but it usually gets there within the day. 
  • ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

My only dealing with AV support was when they announced that the game was going F2P before they took off the servers, and I had just purchased 1 month subscription 2 days before that.

They replied promptly and gave back the money from the subscription. So no complaints from my side.

ALTHOUGH I do know of many bad experiences with their support team from others.

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Thaliost

My only dealing with AV support was when they announced that the game was going F2P before they took off the servers, and I had just purchased 1 month subscription 2 days before that.

They replied promptly and gave back the money from the subscription. So no complaints from my side.

ALTHOUGH I do know of many bad experiences with their support team from others.

from what I've read about the past and what i have experienced so far I think they are improving as a company.  Especially when it comes to communication.  However there was a huge outcry for this so they sort of had to

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

I sum up AV as Schizophrenic.

I'm reading the beta forums and seeing these great communication efforts from Tasos...  all I can think is.... man did someone make this guy take his meds finally?

I say that because what I am seeing right now is so far different from what we have seen the last few years.  Really night and day.