Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Second Beta Event Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of Age of Wushu will want to take not that the next beta event has kicked off. In a unique twist, players who have pre-ordered AoW will have unlimited access to the game. Any others wishing to participate will be allowed 10 hours of unrestricted game time and an additional 60 minutes per day once the 10 hours have been reached.

Those who want to continue the journey can choose to purchase the Deluxe Edition and gain unlimited play during this period, as well as many other bonuses and in game items. The customization and progression of all characters, any skills learned and items attained during the Second Closed Beta will not be reset and will be available for players to resume upon the next play period of Age of Wushu.

Find out more on the Age of Wushu site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Played it for a few minutes and it seems ok. Will put more time into it later.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    2nd play session impressed me alot more. Game seems to have alot of depth and for a FTP game the graphics are really nice if maxed out.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    How long does this CB phase last for and do you keep your chars into release?
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Tidel
    How long does this CB phase last for and do you keep your chars into release?

From what they say .. ya you get to keep your chars. I think it ends Jan. 9th..i think.

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256
    It's pretty slow but my biggest gripe: all the broken English from the game AND players makes me want to push pencils into my frontal lobe.
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    I just read on official forums that you have to flag yourself to participate in world PvP. Is this true? If it is, than it makes world PvP a joke.
  • windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Yes you have to turn pvp mode on to attack others, however you can get attacked by anyone who turn on pvp at anytime.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

You have to flag youself in order to attack. Flag lasts as long as you want it to.

It doesn't matter if you are flagged or not you can be attacked.  There is no opt out.

Think It protections for friends and party members and those around you. Remember it's FFA PvP. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by SimonVDH
    I just read on official forums that you have to flag yourself to participate in world PvP. Is this true? If it is, than it makes world PvP a joke.

its like Tera Online.  Turn yourself Outlaw and kill someone.  Once you're outlaw you can hit anyone but that leaves you open from attack from everyone.

• windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Laross
    Originally posted by SimonVDH

its like Tera Online.  Turn yourself Outlaw and kill someone.  Once you're outlaw you can hit anyone but that leaves you open from attack from everyone.

No, it's different, you can get attacked by anyone without turning anything on in AOW.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by windwave
    Yes you have to turn pvp mode on to attack others, however you can get attacked by anyone who turn on pvp at anytime.

Originally posted by bcbully

You have to flag youself in order to attack. Flag lasts as long as you want it to.

It doesn't matter if you are flagged or not you can be attacked.  There is no opt out.

Think It protections for friends and party members and those around you. Remember it's FFA PvP. 

Ah, ok, that's perfectly fine.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the post from official forums. Somebody asked, when he'll be able to PvP and somebody else answered, that you have to flag yourself, to participate in world PvP.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Thanks Darklotus79. How long do we have to wait after Jan 9th?
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • bronzephishybronzephishy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Played it and enjoyed it till you realize all the Asian players are at max level and u get raped by them...purely solo game except when ppl want to party up for dance dance revolution...had potential but when you realize the community is maxed out Asian players trying to own everybody in PVP ill pass...
  • Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by bronzephishy
    Played it and enjoyed it till you realize all the Asian players are at max level and u get raped by them...purely solo game except when ppl want to party up for dance dance revolution...had potential but when you realize the community is maxed out Asian players trying to own everybody in PVP ill pass...

Age of Wushu has just started from a wipe yesterday, there are no maxed out asian players, you must of played the chinese version accidently or something. I'm having a great time, only played a few hours but already i killed some pk'ers, infact with my noob char i killed 2 at the same time, so i don't know what your talking about.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Butch808
    Originally posted by bronzephishy

Age of Wushu has just started from a wipe yesterday, there are no maxed out asian players, you must of played the chinese version accidently or something. I'm having a great time, only played a few hours but already i killed some pk'ers, infact with my noob char i killed 2 at the same time, so i don't know what your talking about.

then sorry to tell you it

ppl that are maxed are the vips

they get faster culv points about 2.5x more than normal players becouse of these pills

they got culv points when offline

culv points = you spend it for skills so your character is stronger

for me its another P2W game

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157
    Its almost 2013 and this game still has animation locks on all attacks and abilities..... Pass.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    saurus123, i'm afraid your wrong(again), no one is maxed yet, the highest anyone is lvl 15, out of 36. I just checked ingame, and i'm a VIP.  and no it's not pay2win because you can get those pills ingame as freeplayers, also as free players your not entitled to anything because your not supporting the game with your money. So why shouyld you think that you should have the bonuses that paying customers have. Also it's a open pvp game so p2win doesn't really count, get more friends to beat up the more powerful. anyway i'm done here now, clearly alot of people havn't researched the game enough and jump to conclusions.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    u cant play for 2 days if you want to remake your character. Game fail. Wasted 20$

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.