Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming MMOs

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Are there any MMOs that you are looking forward to, or are you waiting for something new to be developed that isn't on the radar. 

It's been a while since I've seen one of these, so I thought I woudl re-ask the question.  If you don't have one, or are waiting for something as yet not on the radar, please give what it is that makes you answer like that.

For me, the answer is 'A little of Both'

I'm looking forward DFUW, Final Fantasy CXXXXVVIII, and the repopulation.

I'm hoping that they develop as good post apopolytic  MMO, and a cowboy type of MMO.

I self identify as a monkey.

Comments

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

NEVERWINTER

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Repopulation and Archeage.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Pathfinder Online!
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Neverwinter Nights Online - I am looking forward to this one because of the modder in me, though my level of interest is going to depend a great deal of the f2p model. 

Marvel Heroes - While I don't truly consider this an MMO I really like what I've seen and heard so far. 

Archage - Still waiting on this one. 

TESO - Warming up to this one but still squarley on the fence. 

Few others but wayyyyy to soon to tell on those. 

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I'm curious to see more information on how ArcheAge will be executed, and more on the general premise of the game and its mechanics.

I'm very interested in seeing more concrete information on CCP's World of Darkness; it plays heavily on a game premise that I've always wanted to see a MMO be developed on.

If I ever saw a "Western" MMO with a Stephen King 'Dark Tower' theme, I'd probably be all over it like white on rice.  That series just completely lends itself to an ongoing MMO storyline.

I'm mildly amused by the look of WildStar, but I'm not sure if it's going to be for me. 

Oh, and GreyGhost's post reminded me of another one that's piqued my curiousity:  The Elder Scrolls Online.  I wasn't too keen on it when I first looked at the original marketing screenshots, but as new news has gradually trickled in, I'm also feeling more receptive to the idea of giving it a chance... maybe.  It's definitely one where I'll wait to see the initial reaction of "early adopters".

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Yes I am...

Archeage and waiting on more of World of Darkness.

I'm intrigued with ESO.

other than that, nothing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I'm interested in TESO, But i'm almost completly convinced their gona fuck that up.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93

TESO and Blizzard's "Titan" Project

My dream MMO: a "Spore" MMO/RTS hybrid and then some :)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Mabinogi 2 and Dungeon Striker are the only ones that have managed to offer anything in terms of creative combat.

FF14's alpha footage kind of shot my hopes of a revamped combat system.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Lizardone

TESO and Blizzard's "Titan" Project

My dream MMO: a "Spore" MMO/RTS hybrid and then some :)

Ah, yes.  The elusive "Titan" project...  I forgot about that one.  I don't know how Blizzard manages to keep shit so tightly under wraps for so long, but I'm definitely looking forward to news on that one.  I'm guessing that'll be the next big BlizzCon announcement.  What else do they have to offer up?

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

I would definitely like to see a new Sandbox game that's not set in space. I love having that freedom.

• UserUndeletedUserUndeleted Member Posts: 121
    The Repopulation.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Mostly The Repopulation but also Darkfall Unholy Wars and FF14 ARR..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Didn't think of World of Darkness and Neverwinter.  Those will be something to look forward to.  Especially if Never Winter has a good adventure creator.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Repop and AA

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I'm looking forward to Archeage.

If Titan turns out to be anything more than what can be played on the limited interface of an iphone etc., I'll eat my own liver.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Isn't there some uncertainty with Archage and an American release??  I honestly don't know, but I thought early on there was.

• aattssaattss Member Posts: 40

Topia online. Before, I would have said MMOs are dead to me, but this one is awesome.

http://www.topiaonline.com

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    OP: nope, I am perfectly satisfied with the mmorpg I've been playing for the past nine years and still log into almost every day. Why? Impossible to say; it's a very long and specific combination of things that struck a chord in this gamer's heart.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Looking forward to TESO, might check out neverwinter but need to look into a bit more. I would really be interested in a Old Western type sandbox mmorpg for a change. Starting to get tired of all the post apocolyptic crap but might still be interested with a good story and game behind it.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Few on my radar, but I'd bet they'll all suck

Archeage looks good, but.. we've all said that before.

Obviously have my sights on TESO just because its TESO, but it will probably end up being shallow like GW2.

Then there are others that really just haven't released enough information but either look intriguing, or have promising IPs.

Surprised to see so much interest in Neverwinter.  I sure as shit am not putting my hopes into anything touched by Cryptic.  If I'm wrong and it turns out to be great.. well then great. :p

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Defiance for the first third of 2013.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    If history has taught me anything too much hype = mediocre game. I think people are going to be sorely upset with AA (though I hope not). I am looking forward to Age of Wushu. After seeing some posts here and looking around afterwars, it looks like my type of game. 
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    EQN

There are other great games coming out but I've been waiting for a prime time sandbox type fantasy game.
  • Lady_StahliLady_Stahli Member Posts: 6

I am really looking forward to many of the Sandbox games that are under development. Such as..

Archage, Greed Monger, EoC, EQnext, Origins of Malu.. and i think there were a few more. For the last 5 or so years I have wanted to play a game that allows more freedom and creativity than the current titles out there. The next year or two are looking very promising.