Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small issue = bitter taste

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi all=)

Well I did wrong as somehow (lag, wrong click) I purchased same armor part I've already got with karma points. As it was a lot of points, 42k, I've contacted custom support and asked for exchange.
I was not much surprised by the answer, where GM told they have no ability to refund or exchange items.
I know it's not a big deal, just like 3 more days of non stop karma farming, but it gave me a very bitter taste.
I made similar mistake long ago in one of f2p games i used to play, with very bad support, but even them were able to help me and replace wrong item to correct.
Just let you all know about, as personally I dislike games with bad support.
Here ANet disappointed me badly as from GW1 I kept in memory good and helpful support, but seems it's not a case of GW2.
Shame again as here nobody is even close to Blizzard where we can call support just Support, as guys did all and more to help WoW gamer.
Again disappointed as i though GW2 can be considered as A+++ game, but it's not anymore for me.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Hi all=)

Well I did wrong as somehow (lag, wrong click) I purchased same armor part I've already got with karma points. As it was a lot of points, 42k, I've contacted custom support and asked for exchange.
    I was not much surprised by the answer, where GM told they have no ability to refund or exchange items.
    I know it's not a big deal, just like 3 more days of non stop karma farming, but it gave me a very bitter taste.
    I made similar mistake long ago in one of f2p games i used to play, with very bad support, but even them were able to help me and replace wrong item to correct.
    Here ANet disappointed me badly as from GW1 I kept in memory good and helpful support, but seems it's not a case of GW2.
    Shame again as here nobody is even close to Blizzard where we can call support just Support, as guys did all and more to help WoW gamer.
    Again disappointed as i though GW2 can be considered as A+++ game, but it's not anymore for me.

Have you ever seen the amount of adepts manuals in the TP?

All too many clicks.

Shit happens.

And my GF had a bug in WoW where she add enough mounts and still couldn't get the achievement and they didn't fix it, so yay for Blizzard.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Nothing else to say than I agree, their support /management fails for not giving the support coworkers this option. 

Although It could result in flooding of support tickets, I dunno what is worse. 

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Well, it is your mistake...

I haven't seen many games where you can make a mistake like that and get a refund. When it concerns cash shop items, that's possible but a karma reimbursement when you have to click a confirmation whether you're sure you want to make the exchange of 42k karma for the piece in question.

You just made a mistake, no reason to blame that on so-called lousy support, blame it on yourself and get over it.

imageimage
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    It's unfortunate they don't have support for something like that actually.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I haven't seen many games where you can make a mistake like that and get a refund. When it concerns cash shop items, that's possible but a karma reimbursement when you have to click a confirmation whether you're sure you want to make the exchange of 42k karma for the piece in question.

You just made a mistake, no reason to blame that on so-called lousy support, blame it on yourself and get over it.

No where in the OP's post did they BLAME Anet, they acknowledged in all honesty it was their fault. People on this forum are so quick to be rude & offensive.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    It is too bad they don't have the mechanisms to address something like that. It's always better to go the extra mile for customers, but my understanding is that the GMs simply do not have the tools to provide item exchanges or karma refunds. Maybe they will develop a more robust toolkit for the GMs to address cases like this, but for now we just have to be really careful with our purchases.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

I've made mistakes like this in other games and other games GMs, CSRs, or whatever have been able to correct it. Seems like their Customer Support lacks here in GW2. Its a simple honest mistake that one should be correctable. Don't see how it could not be. Yah you can go back and grind Karma for 3 days which isn't too bad. But I can recall a guildmate of mine making a mistake on an Epic Weapon Quest in EQ and if the GMs didn't fix that well heh doubt he would of been playing after that.

Seems odd that they couldn't/wouldn't fix something like this.

Word gets back to the community if the CSRs are willing to go to an extra mile to help customers for an honest mistake. And, I've written follow up reports on CSRs that have been helpful to me and I think the Company internally appreciates it if the GM is willing to go an extra mile for me. I'll go an extra mile for him. 

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

guys I never told it was not my mistake..
    but I guess exchange 1 virtual item to another takes less time then to write the answer of my ticket.
    we all can make mistakes and good support is supposed to help us out, IMO.
    but may be also they don't have tools to fix it up which is shame...

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

So ArenaNet disappoints you and has bad support because you made a mistake and spent your in-game currency on the wrong in-game item.

Honestly? QQ more. I don't see how any of this could be ArenaNet's fault.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Blizzard gives every item a 2 hour grace period to sell back to the vendor to get a full refund. ANet should add that capability to this game to avoid tickets like this from being created.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I'm just fascinated how people blame support for everything...

Bad support would mean that they don't do their job properly, and seeing that you've got your answer (probably quickly) I don't see how that's "bad support" :D

They don't have the ability to give you your items back because that's something that would require massive logs and what not and since they have kinda unique server structure it's a bit harder to implement that. Same thing with returning a deleted character (which they said will be implemented as soon as they manage).

Also, you didn't get answered by GM - because there's none. That's what makes this game B2P and it still is better than most of the P2P sub games, including support.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Hi all=)

While I have to admit that bad customer service experiences suck in any medium, you can be sure that you'll be trolled hard for bringing your gripes to these forums... it's the equivalent of seeking therapy on a kindergarten school playground.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I had a problem with GW1 once.

The support wasnt very interested in keeping me as normal player.

They have simple not been helpful and friendly, instead they've been blunt and short.

well, i havnt touched it ever again.

That is still one of the reasons for me, not to go with GW2.

I looted the wrong item in AoC once.

The GM exchanged it to my wanted item, needed less then 5 mins.

My char in FallenEarth was vanished one day.

Imagine, its a F2p and i was a free player ... support was super friendly and transparent, i got my char back.

I can tell you ..

Originally posted by korent1991
    I'm just fascinated how people blame support for everything...Bad support would mean that they don't do their job properly, and seeing that you've got your answer (probably quickly) I don't see how that's "bad support" :DThey don't have the ability to give you your items back because that's something that would require massive logs and what not and since they have kinda unique server structure it's a bit harder to implement that. Same thing with returning a deleted character (which they said will be implemented as soon as they manage).Also, you didn't get answered by GM - because there's none. That's what makes this game B2P and it still is better than most of the P2P sub games, including support.
    that why I explained a difference between good and bad support. If you are happy with bad support, good for you. =D
    I'll not die because of it, just made my opinion about game provider.
    Now I'm 100% sure GW2 is NOT the best ever game and other hyper crap people keep post about.
    Best game MUST make customers happy by taking care of them and give them some fun.
    So far it's not a case of GW2 at least for me.
    I think I did wrong purchase of game once again (my worst still Aion) and could better by MoP of WoW and play like 3 more months or so. again IMO

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by korent1991
    I'm just fascinated how people blame support for everything...

Bad support would mean that they don't do their job properly, and seeing that you've got your answer (probably quickly) I don't see how that's "bad support" :D

They don't have the ability to give you your items back because that's something that would require massive logs and what not and since they have kinda unique server structure it's a bit harder to implement that. Same thing with returning a deleted character (which they said will be implemented as soon as they manage).

Also, you didn't get answered by GM - because there's none. That's what makes this game B2P and it still is better than most of the P2P sub games, including support.

that why I explained a difference between good and bad support. If you are happy with bad support, good for you. =D
    I'll not die because of it, just made my opinion about game provider.
    Now I'm 100% sure GW2 is NOT the best ever game and other hyper crap people keep post about.
    Best game MUST make customers happy by taking care of them and give them some fun.
    So far it's not a case of GW2 at least for me.
    I think I did wrong purchase of game once again (my worst still Aion) and could better by MoP of WoW and play like 3 more months or so. again IMO

So, just because they can't replace the item you bought by missclicking and being triggerhappy clicker you're droping the game? 

Yeah, that's deffinetly a deal breaker. lol

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Hi all=)

Have you ever seen the amount of adepts manuals in the TP?

All too many clicks.

Shit happens.

And my GF had a bug in WoW where she add enough mounts and still couldn't get the achievement and they didn't fix it, so yay for Blizzard.

But they never had a problem refunding badges if you clicked the wrong thing :P

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Blizzard gives every item a 2 hour grace period to sell back to the vendor to get a full refund. ANet should add that capability to this game to avoid tickets like this from being created.

Yeah, but it took them quite a while to add that.  I think they got tired of the gm tickets, because they were pretty good about refunding badges if you bought the wrong item.  It was probably eating up a hefty chunk of time.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I would have just cursed under my breath in this situation and resorted to doing what I had to, in order to fix it myself, whether that be grinding, or doing what I had to. 

You can actually contact support for stuff like this?   People do that?  I wouldn't really consider contacting support unless there was some kind of game error.  If it was a mistake I made, I'd automatically assume that's not support worthy. 

Well I'm glad there are games out there that will help a player resolve issues like these.  I had no idea.  I have to wonder what folks do in a single player RPG or game where there is no such thing as GMs.  Maybe that's my issue, as I also play a lot of those, and the idea of contacting support over an in game mistake I made is absolutely foreign to me, mmorpg or not. 

To complain about the lack of support fixing your mistake is even more foreign to me.  Sorry I can't identify. 

However if I leave my toon AFK in the wrong place in GW2 and get killed, and suffer armor damage, I'll be sure to try and contact support.  Maybe they'll revert my armor damage for me.  Heck I've fallen in some holes in the game too I can't escape out of off, and have had to port out.  Maybe I'll contact customer support on those too (Which could actually be valid). 

Or maybe I'll just deal with my mistakes instead of wanting some employee to fix it for me. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't consider it bad support.  If support people aren't allowed to do it, it's not their choice.  Everybody has a boss, and nobody wants to get fired.

On the other side, I think ArenaNet's decision to not have CS people allowed to do this is mixed.  Personally I would make the rules as:  1 item swap per month per account (avoid abusers), item swaps only offered if reported within 12 hours of the mistaken purchase, and any item that was used is not allowed to be swapped (avoid abusers).

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Should they also give you a free repair every time you misjump and land into lava? You didn't lose Karma because of a bug or anything. Why should they refund it?

ok, let me clear all again:

1. my be I should not call support bad but insufficient in this case.
    2. games with great support offers you help with ANY issue you can have.
    3. my fault is purchasing this game, all rest is just result of this action.
    4. I did not even asked for refund, just to change 1 item from same karma vendor to other item from same npc.
    5. if all is out fault, why we need support anyhow.
    6. GW2 is not better explained as any Asian f2p, I have box and no manuals there (got all from WoW).

All that was just to tell that to me GW2 is not A+++ game as it pretend to be. Good graphic, simple combat model = that about all it has to offer.

P.S. Last question: any idea why it calls Guild Wars 2?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

ok, let me clear all again:

1. my be I should not call support bad but insufficient in this case.
    2. games with great support offers you help with ANY issue you can have.
    3. my fault is purchasing this game, all rest is just result of this action.
    4. I did not even asked for refund, just to change 1 item from same karma vendor to other item from same npc.
    5. if all is out fault, why we need support anyhow.
    6. GW2 is not better explained as any Asian f2p, I have box and no manuals there (got all from WoW).

All that was just to tell that to me GW2 is not A+++ game as it pretend to be. Good graphic, simple combat model = that about all it has to offer.

P.S. Last question: any idea why it calls Guild Wars 2?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual/

Guild Wars was an historical event in tyria.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

GW2 is a AAA title and feels like one.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Hi all=)

So, you admit you made a mistake and you want A.Net to correct it for you? Karma is not hard to farm anymore - get a Karma booster and have at it. You are saying' Bad A.Net I want you to fix my mess for me'. Sorry, you had to click twice to buy it. Not their fault you did it. When buying items like that, ALWAYS check before buying. 

• Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

No where in the OP's post did they BLAME Anet, they acknowledged in all honesty it was their fault. People on this forum are so quick to be rude & offensive.

Get over it. Don't be such a baby about it as it has nothing to do with you.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Wow, people are amazingly rude. You know that they game isn't somehow made more hardcore and cool by customer service choosing not to help a customer. Sure, it is not ArenaNet's fault, that is very true and the OP even admitted this. Was it the OP's fault? Probably, although it could have been lag as well. But assuming it was the OP's fault, who cares. ArenaNet failed at the opportunity to help a customer that made an honest mistake. If you order a coke at a restaurant and then realize when they bring it that you should have said a diet coke you know what they will probably do? They will probably bring you a diet coke even though they will have to throw away the coke. Why, because a few cents for a coke is a small price to pay for a happy customer. Unless you KNOW that the customer is jerking you around, assume that the mistake is honest and do what you can to make it right.

No, it is not that ArenaNet was obligated to help the OP out but that they had the opportunity to do so. And they are not even going to have to throw away that unused armor piece. Its only pixels for God sake. So why not take the opportunity to put a smile on a customer's face. You wont be making any changes that will upset the balance of the game or anything like that.. They have exchanged items for me in Aion.  I have even had Bioware exchange an item for me that I got off the cartel market. No they wont do refunds but an exchange was fine. And you can't tell me that GMs not have the ability to create items and snatch others at will. If they forgot to add that ability for GMs then they shouldn't be making MMOs at all. That is a very very basic feature that dates all the way back to MUDs

A policy that forces your employees to not take advantage of opportunities to make customers happy is a very bad policy.

All die, so die well.