Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Livestream Q&A with Matt 'Positron' Miller

2»

Comments

• AlphaDeanAlphaDean Member Posts: 3

This was my game for 8 long years and I miss it. Is there any hope of some kind or ressurection? Matt please say there is hope. Actually you should get in touch me with, I have a blast of an idea for the best Super Hero MMO ever....

Are only what is Seen, or is the more character to your being

• residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123

Hey Positron,

Thanks for staying connected.

1. City of heroes is now dead but can you talk about the final slots and what powers were planned?

2. Lots of MMO games need help out here. If you get to rejoin a gaming company, where would you like to go?

3. What was your salary at NCSOFT? I'm curious what they paid you.

4. What's WarWitch planning? She was the original original.

5. I played Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light through my browser and it played well. Have you thought about doing/working on a game like that? http://beta.coreonline.com/

They have openings too, http://eu.square-enix.com/en/jobs?all=

6. What are you looking for at your next job? Microsoft might be a good place for you.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/Microsoft-Games-Studios-Jobs/44366/

Also, do want to stay in gaming or become a straight software engineer now?

7. What are you thoughts on F2P now? Do you think the sub will make a resurgence?

See you on the call tomorrow.

• FrostyfrozenFrostyfrozen Member Posts: 5

Hello Everyone & Thankyou MMORP for this oppertunity and Positron for taking the time to talk and answer questions. For its pretty obvious no NCsoft CEO's will be talking to us soon on this matter.

So the Hero I played "Frostyfrozen" had been in the sky's over Paragon City for 8yrs on Triumph the No Pants server.

I have to ask 2 Questions and please feel free to answer both if you wish. :)

1 - How do you feel about our (the Players) continued movement to save CoH at this time weeks after the closure of the game?

2-  CoH2 develpment was stopped years back I understand was that a red flag to NCsofts future plan for CoH?

From me and my SG Les Femmes Mystique and its brother SG the Les Femmes Hommies we say Thankyou for we loved wearing the capes & loved the friendships we made even more.

Frostyfrozen - a pure Ice Incarnate Blaster

• FrostyfrozenFrostyfrozen Member Posts: 5
    oh maybe I should add this to question 2.
    Or is decisions of that nature common in the industry?
    Thank you again and I so miss my toons as they where like shards of my personality.
  • LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86

I've got two questions:

1. Will we ever see a Statesman & Positron reunion?
    2. If not, then what's next for Positron?
    That's it. :)
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
     Last chance, guys!
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Why is it that every Super Hero based game to date has decided not to create a virtual world?  From CoH to CO to DCUO and even the upcoming MHO, they focused more on lobby based, ultra instancing type gameplay.  There is very little if any exploration factor.  You can't even go into most buildings in the cities unless they are mission related.  Most importantly, is the lack of any good hero vs villain contention in the virtual world as it is usually relegated to arena style instanced confrontations.

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299

1. Did you ever want to revisit physics(or PhysX even) in the game? If so, why did it not happen?

2. Did you ever want to make AT or powerset specific missions to increase replayability?  fyi, I had disagreed with your approach that anything in the game needed to reach the widest audience.

3. We got Day Jobs so was your rumored skills-based gameplay just not an available realiity because of current tech, money and/or time?

4. Did you want to increase the palette of music and sound effects within the game?  I noticed more sound effects in later issues but still wanted more.

5. Due to popularity of missions and TFs(i.e. instancing), did you want to do anything to make zones a more interactive, more lively environment instead of something you just pass through to the next mission?

6. If you had all the funding you needed and CoH2 was a reality, besides the obvious graphical updates what is the single most desired feature you(yes, you, not players) would like to add to the game?

Thanks for 8 wonderful years!!!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

City of Heroes' early move into the Asian market failed, seriously.   What was the final analysis on why the game did not mesh well with that regions' audience?

Who was the most unusual or interesting player that you remember teaming up with in CoH?   I know at various times I personaly teamed Warren and Caroline Spector, some  ex-TSR writers and employees, and the artist who did all the Ultima covers.

City of Heroes will not fade away.   Best wishes for the future.    

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hey guys!

Due to Pokket being under the weather, we're going to be rescheduling this interview.  Hang tight for an updated time!  Thanks for bearing with us.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget Pokket. Put Matt on!! Find someone else to do the interview!!
  • ApocalypseSunriseApocalypseSunrise Member Posts: 80

Agreed! The world could end tomorrow and this is the first time I ever wanted to watch a live internet broadcast.

PLEEEEEEAAASE ?

"No offense intended Pokket. We would never forget about you on purpose. All the best for your speedy recovery."

Edit- WOO! We're still here and the interview is on. Thanks mmorpg and Matt.

Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.

• ColdBobColdBob Member Posts: 1

Hello Positron,

I was once told, in the game files, there is a City Hazard Zone named "Elysium": were there any plans for this zone to one day make it into the game? What can you tell us about "Elysium"? If it was just a placeholder file, were there any other zone maps named, even as just "placeholders"?

Thank you very much for eight and half wonderful years!

And thank you for answering these questions!

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Q:Are you going to do CoX2?

Q:Why not?

Q:What made CoX so unique an better than all the other superhero MMOs

• TamalinaTamalina Member Posts: 2

Missing you and all the devs and my supergroup on Freedom;  The Unders.  Some may know me as Pheadora.  My questions;

Q:  Any plans for doing COH2?

No other superhero MMO measures up to coh.  I truly miss the community and the way the developers interacted with their community.  Really hope all the devs gets a great job and have a wonderful future.  As for the community, truly miss you and maybe we will meet again.  And,  still wishing for a miracle in the revival of coh. If only I could wn the ultimate lottery. lol!  

• gutshotttgutshottt Member Posts: 4

Chances of you guys getting together with either of the 2 fan game projects or at least some input?

• gipper36gipper36 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Frostyfrozen

Hello Everyone & Thankyou MMORP for this oppertunity and Positron for taking the time to talk and answer questions. For its pretty obvious no NCsoft CEO's will be talking to us soon on this matter.

So the Hero I played "Frostyfrozen" had been in the sky's over Paragon City for 8yrs on Triumph the No Pants server.

I have to ask 2 Questions and please feel free to answer both if you wish. :) hey frosty this is dee freedom server

1 - How do you feel about our (the Players) continued movement to save CoH at this time weeks after the closure of the game?

2-  CoH2 develpment was stopped years back I understand was that a red flag to NCsofts future plan for CoH?

From me and my SG Les Femmes Mystique and its brother SG the Les Femmes Hommies we say Thankyou for we loved wearing the capes & loved the friendships we made even more.

• gipper36gipper36 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by gipper36
    Originally posted by Frostyfrozen

I have to ask 2 Questions and please feel free to answer both if you wish. :) hey frosty this is dee freedom server

hey frosty this is dee,freedom server