Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: A Look Ahead to 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Catherine Park gives TERA players a sneak peek at what En Masse Entertainment has in the works for the first several months in 2013. Included additions are a new 3v3 "no consumables" PvP arena, the Crucible of Flame rewards system and updates to both crafting and gathering.

In addition to the Crucible of Flame and Champion’s Skyring, two new reputation factions will vie for your attention, and there will be meaningful tweaks to existing systems—more specifically, crafting and gathering will be streamlined and simplified a bit by decreasing the amount and number of different ingredients needed to craft among other changes. Naturally, we’re also planning smaller changes such as class-related tweaks.

Read the full letter on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    TERA was to me the best mmo of 2012. Do they have any plans of going free to play?
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Buy to play is the new sexy. They should probably give that a go. They could change the subscription to give you bonus exp and drops so they could keep the chronoscroll thing in place.

All die, so die well.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

And on that news I just canceled my subscrtipon.

I wan to know what's going on with the future of the game, any expansions? More actual content?

If they give players a better idea of where the game is going, and I like it, I'll subscribe again.

But none of this is compelling enough to continue. At least for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

If this game can hold a subscription model for the next six months I'll be surprised. In a way I hope they bring out so much content that people will continue to pay a monthly fee - and some people will come back to the game.

However....for this to happen they will have to up their roll out rate considerably and I'm not sure the development set up behind the game is capable of this.

Question how much control over game development EnMasse has? We in Europe have Gameforge/Frogster (don't ask). Is it still the case that EnMasse(& Gameforge) are totally reliant on BH for new content?

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    This game would of been a bomb if they had made questing more like GW2 (IMO).
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Problem with TERA, most of us burned through the content in a couple months.  Fun game, but not enough content to continue a subscription.  Not sure this additional content will help much either.
  • PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    The problem is the content from Korea is taking longer and longer to get to the NA version. The NA version didn't even get the Snow Wars battleground in time for the holidays. The 3v3 arenas came out in October and I predict the NA version will probably get it in Feburary as the earliest. The gap between the two versions is getting wider and more players are getting bored.
    TERA's holiday events are constantly being recycled .
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Mannish
    TERA was to me the best mmo of 2012. Do they have any plans of going free to play?

If anything they'll do what they have set up in Korea, they have P2P servers and a restriction free level 1-58 server with payed transfer to the real thing if you desire.

Level cap is 60 obviously, but a lot of people just stay on the 58 server and max out their gear and attempt the 58 content.

58 used to be the old level cap so there's actually plenty of challenging dungeons with hardmode versions even and there's even a seperate set of gear for PvP and PvE.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Originally posted by Postcards
    The problem is the content from Korea is taking longer and longer to get to the NA version. The NA version didn't even get the Snow Wars battleground in time for the holidays. The 3v3 arenas came out in October and I predict the NA version will probably get it in Feburary as the earliest. The gap between the two versions is getting wider and more players are getting bored.TERA's holiday events are constantly being recycled .
    Not to mention the content that was announced over a year ago is still no where to be seen.

What happened to the new class? What happened to the city servers would fight over? Are they even still in development?

But Tera has far more problems than just content release schedule.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

TERA was a fun time-killer between other titles I was waiting for.  I found it to be worth the short amount of time I spent on it, but it didn't have enough to offer in long-term investment.

Beautifully designed levels, creatures, and some interesting concepts, it should be recognized for its artistic value for sure.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I would be happy to buy2play TERA, but I couldn't justify a subscription to the amount of time I'd play it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Tera is a great game in the combat department but full of kil,kill,kill quests.i,m from UK so we have to deal with frogster and they are still passing the game off at £40 which is a joke.they are not giving anyone in the EU the incentive to purchase..i just hope at some point en masse or bluhole.whoever it is take this game back off those idiots because they have done nothing for the game at all.i see offers all the time for Tera on the US site.not sure why they went with frogster in the first place tbh.and before anyone suggests buying off the US site the time difference basically means i cant get to do dungeons..i already have a US account but refuse point blank to pay £40 for the game.if anyone from EU knows anywhere cheaper please provide a link..thnx.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

This made me laugh. TERA is so good it should be FREE to play.

I saw TERA on sale at Amazon.com for $4.99 which is about right for what the game is worth.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Novusod

I saw TERA on sale at Amazon.com for $4.99 which is about right for what the game is worth.

You are just another person that simply does not get it. Saying something was the best does not mean that I am saying it was good. Anybody with just a little common sense can tell the difference and see what I am actually saying..

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Novusod

You are just another person that simply does not get it. Saying something was the best does not mean that I am saying it was good. Anybody with just a little common sense can tell the difference and see what I am actually saying..

I see what you're saying, it's the shinniest turd of the bunch and I agree, while TERA certainly isn't the best game and it certainly has it's drawbacks it's the only MMO i'm currently playing...so therefore...it gets best game of 2012.

GW2 just didn't do it for me, Rift macro combat still keeps me away and TSW didn't intrigue me enough to buy it.  DF:UW doesn't release until next year and planetside 2 isn't an MMORPG, it also has no longevity, about as much as COD does to me.