Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has 2012 killed mmos for you.

2»

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Nope, im having fun playing GW2, TSW, PS2 and in a couple of hours the Age Of Wushu beta2 will go live... I hope.
  • Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

Yes. It has.

I feel like MMORPGs are being made to just profit off the initial launch. It's like none of them think about longevity.

Bingo!

For me, a good MMO is ulimately about community. What's the point of investing yourself in a community that isn't going to be around in 6 months?

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Amidst all the failures, Eve Online has pulled me through another year.. yeay!

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Honestly TSW pushed me back into being a MMORPG player. before its release i found myself on my PS3 more than my PC. Then post release my PS3 gathered Dust.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Honestly TSW pushed me back into being a MMORPG player. before its release i found myself on my PS3 more than my PC. Then post release my PS3 gathered Dust.

Dust huh?  Maybe you should try EVE Online. 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Actually 2012 has brought MMO's back alive for me. With the release of Guild Wars 2 I have found another MMO that I enjoy and have been having a blast.

It's been a long time MMO genre. Thank you ANET for a fantastic game.

• FearTHeFroFearTHeFro Member UncommonPosts: 76

pretty much, i had high hopes for a lot of games, mostly gw2 and d3. I was a huge fan of gw1/d2 and played them hours on end, but gw2/d3 i was bored within a week of both games. I don't see much else on the horizon for rpgs, other than archeage which looks like more of the same to me.

It seems like now days game companies make games to sell copies, not to keep people playing. Which is sad because I'm the type of person who can play a single game for years straight, but thats just not possible for a mmo anymore i think, not if this is the way they decide to develop them.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by GunCleric

Has 2012 MMO'S killed gaming for you to ?

See for me i cant get in to anything theses days i have and own every game on the market and play test alot of game's still to come out yet no matter what game i play or how new or old the game is i cant get in to it. 

For me it has. I've tried to quit playing MMOs for the last 2 years, but without luck. There was always something new & interesting around the corner. Now, at the end of 2012, I haven't played any MMO intensively for the last 3 months. Looks like the bad releases of the last few years and the major disappointment of those in 2012 really made me quit...

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by Shannia
    Originally posted by Rayshe

Dust huh?  Maybe you should try EVE Online. 

Dust as in the crap that sits on your shelf from lack of use not the game. I have the game and barely play it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.