Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: new, returning, staying or leaving?

13»

Comments

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Osaka, ARPosts: 363Member

staying- best MMO out there, period.

getting too old for cutesy rated T fantasy MMOs anyway

• LoboMauLoboMau Marinha GrandePosts: 396Member
    Tried the Beta, Like it, but I didnt bought it because of the Sub. Now Im playing and having lots of Fun! Great Stories, great Lore and the World feels very alive! If they fixed the microsecond delay in the combat, this game will be very near perfection!!
  • chopgrchopgr AthensPosts: 179Member

Bought the game yesterday and im so-and-so about it. I like the story and the ambience. The gameplay is HORRIBLE. Combat, animation, skill system, skills... bad.

Havent seen any "multiplayer" interaction so far, 8hrs in the game, sad.

On one hand im seriously thinking of a refund, on the other hand im partial about keep on just for the story.

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• evolver1972evolver1972 Port Orchard, WAPosts: 1,118Member
    I have been wanting to play this game almost as badly as I wanted to play GW2 (which I love).  The one thing that kept me from it was the subscription.  Now that the sub is gone, I will be buying the game, probably tonight, and playing it in tandem with GW2.  Hope it's as fun as it seems to be!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by chopgr

Bought the game yesterday and im so-and-so about it. I like the story and the ambience. The gameplay is HORRIBLE. Combat, animation, skill system, skills... bad.

On one hand im seriously thinking of a refund, on the other hand im partial about keep on just for the story.

Might want to take a look at your build.  Here's a guide -- it may explain a few things; lots of people love the skill/ability system, although it does take some getting used to:

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics

• OldTimeGamerOldTimeGamer ReadingPosts: 87Member
    Originally posted by chopgr

Although you will probably attract a fair bit of abuse for saying such a thing on this specific forum, you are at least at the correct place to find another MMO to play.

TSW is a game people should really play free-to-play first.

I wouldn't play TSW if people paid me but I used this site to find a better game, via the more general forums, the game lists (which I was able to organise and prune) and the reviews.

• CryseydeCryseyde LA baby!, CAPosts: 70Member
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Originally posted by Sevenwind
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Pretty sure most lifetimers are not going to return because we got screwed but Funcom.

Back up this argument please. I'm a lifetimer and believe it is fair and I support it.

I'm a lifetimer too and I like the changes so far. 

Same here. Lifetimer and not bitter in the slightest about the GM pack. Would have liked more notice though - I was still telling people the night before "Oh it's not going F2P." Um, well I guess it didn't? *sigh*

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite CardiffPosts: 394Member Uncommon
    I'll get it in the New Year when I get some time off work so I can get stuck into it and enjoy it.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYPosts: 480Member Uncommon
    Life-timer and I wish I wasn't. Get more bang for your buck as a non-sub buying points that do not expire and you can use on other games.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 GrazPosts: 373Member Uncommon
    Staying. Until the end of the world!

Hodor!

• NavekNavek glasgowPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by gwei1984
    Staying. Until the end of the world!

Sometime in the next 12 hours then ++

Finally bought the game, played the beta weekends but didnt buy at launch. The lack of a sub has convinced me to give it a go.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Orlando, FLPosts: 176Member
    I've been playing since pre-launch and still play. The problem is I have children and responsibilites so my play time is very limited. But TSW offers a LOT of ambiance and many of the missions are short: you can do them in five minutes or less. So I can jump on, kill some zombies, see some pretty art, and log off.
13»