Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up to 100 players

SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
looks like they added this feature in. I think they did it just to prove the point that they could because for the last few weeks they have been adjusting the player cap and testing to see what everyone likes.

Comments

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Yeah, you're right. Though I don't think anyone was doubting the feat so much as they were calling them out on their lie. That was the problem with the Sergey/Gamespy interview. He thought because they are capable of playing up to 100 players that means it's okay to say there are 100 man servers currently in-game.

That said it's no wonder why they didn't have 100 man servers yet. The map is a shoebox of MMO proportions. They originally claimed it was 100km2 before the map was fully released, and then they unlocked the whole map and you could see that that a third of the map was just unplayable mountain terrain. That's where I believe 70-75km2 came from. Then, in addition to that, there's now an article suggesting that the map is not 70+km2 but instead around 10km2. I'm not sure if that is true so take that with a grain of salt...

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Don't forget the maps are supposed to be 400km2, that's actually a bigger pork pie than the 100 players.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by SQTO
    looks like they added this feature in. I think they did it just to prove the point that they could because for the last few weeks they have been adjusting the player cap and testing to see what everyone likes.

are you sure they added it in?Maybe you jsut misread the numbers....

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Drakynn

I am sure they added it in and I was on the servers, it was too crowded on the small map for a ffa pvp game.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I am sure they added it in and I was on the servers, it was too crowded on the small map for a ffa pvp game.

Ahh so they didn't do the 100 players because they couldn't deliver on the map size they claimed they had then. So the lie about the map sizes is what led to the lie about number of players. Makes sense.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Ahh so they didn't do the 100 players because they couldn't deliver on the map size they claimed they had then. So the lie about the map sizes is what led to the lie about number of players. Makes sense.

Yes the map is much smaller then they claimed but it is also a problem with how they made their spawn points.