Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Tanks: Wargaming.net: What a Year 2012 Was

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Wargaming.net has sent out a terrific new video taking a look back at 2012 and the amazing year it was for the independent developer. Fans can get a look at the dev team and some great images of the creative minds behind World of Tanks, World of WarPlanes and World of WarShips.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• ShanniaShannia Huntingdon, NYPosts: 2,096Member

Thank you, SB.  Last month I actually tried the game.  I had never tried it because I was tired of everyone calling it an MMORPG, which it is not.  To the devs credit, the CO-OP game is actually well done and other than the P2W business model, I couldn't find anything wrong with it.  I think this game should be the Hybrid Game of the Year here on MMORPG.com 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon

While not my style of game, I can see its appeal.

my problem with it was the same problem I had with GTA Vice City...vehicles feel light as a feather.

silly reason but...its mine alone :)

• MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Originally posted by Robokapp

While not my style of game, I can see its appeal.

my problem with it was the same problem I had with GTA Vice City...vehicles feel light as a feather.

silly reason but...its mine alone :)

Not sure when you last played but the recent physics in the game are great. If you have a little light scout you can zip around and even do jumps but say goodbye to your supension lol

And the big tanks feel heavy now. First game i played when they new physics were in I had no idea and was playing an SPG. A big tank managed to ram me and push me into the harbour water. I laughed despite dying, such an improvement.

It is a really fun game and though some say it is P2W if you are patient and play just for fun it is a blast. I try and play for half an hour a day.