Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO up for pre-order on gamestop.com

13»

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    We haven't even seen the game in action why would anyone want to pre-order now ? Mind boggling....

I pre-ordered just now.  [mod edit]

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I have felt..and can understand all the disappointment with the last few years of mmo releases.I'm still smarting from the GW2 disappointment (the WvW is simply awful). But each new introduction should be considered on its own merits ...seperately from our bitterness over the mmog genre.

For me...on this game...I read...listen to podcasts and all that is released about the game.So far.....I remain encouraged.Enouraged enough to buy SKYRIM(and for me thats a very big deal since the only single player game I've bought in recient years is CIVILIZATION).

Sooooo...I'm getting my TESO fix......and getting a modest preview of what I suspect TESO will be like to some degree.

To heck with the mmog genre ...for now.

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

I think it will end up being b2p with cashshop. [ one server ( heavily instance /phased ) setup  is something I  have come to associate with f2p mmos] .

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Won't pre-order unless I play some sort of beta or stress test.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I'll pass on a game where the director himself claims theres no innovative features left to be added to the mmo genre. That pretty much tells me there will be nothing new or interesting about this game and for their sake I hope they plan on making TESO B2P or I have a feeling we'll be watching another major fail in the same way of SWTOR.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by coltonjefferson
    On Gamestop's site, The Elder Scrolls Online is up for pre-orders for $60. What do you think of it? Will it just be 60 bucks to buy the game then free from there on out, or will it have a subscription fee?

As a long term TES fan I would have to say one would have to pay me large sums of money to 'buy' this game.

I know getting paid to buy something is a little odd but you get the idea

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by tank017

I love ES,but im in no way falling for this one..

not until i KNOW for a fact that its good.

How will you ever KNOW if you don't take it for a test drive?  Heck, TOR was like a hot date until you got to 50...

These developers need our financial support.  Without it, it will be more of the same PTW cash shop business models instead of subscription games.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

Originally posted by Shannia

How will you ever KNOW if you don't take it for a test drive?  Heck, TOR was like a hot date until you got to 50...

These developers need our financial support.  Without it, it will be more of the same PTW cash shop business models instead of subscription games.

here is how.

If a car dealership tells you, we have these great 4 wheel drive trucks with super cab, they have extra large tires with snow tred on them and a tow package come down and check it out!

If you like motorcycles why would you spend your free time driving down there just to make sure they are actually selling what they say they are selling and not motorcycles?

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

here is how.

If a car dealership tells you, we have these great 4 wheel drive trucks with super cab, they have extra large tires with snow tred on them and a tow package come down and check it out!

If you like motorcycles why would you spend your free time driving down there just to make sure they are actually selling what they say they are selling and not motorcycles?

If ES is an IP that he loves, he should support the devs.  I'm not asking someone who hates the I.P. to support it, that makes no sense.  All I am asking is for that motorcycle guy that loves honda motorcycles is to support his honda motorcycle dealership.  Without support, honda will eventually go out of business and with it goes the brand he loves when all that was needed is financial support to keep honda around. 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    We haven't even seen the game in action why would anyone want to pre-order now ? Mind boggling....

Because Gamer Fools and their money are quickly parted

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

here is how.

If ES is an IP that he loves, he should support the devs.  I'm not asking someone who hates the I.P. to support it, that makes no sense.  All I am asking is for that motorcycle guy that loves honda motorcycles is to support his honda motorcycle dealership.  Without support, honda will eventually go out of business and with it goes the brand he loves when all that was needed is financial support to keep honda around. 

disagree completely.

If you like BMW because of its cars and they made the annoucement that they are now also selling motorcycles but you dont like motorcycles at all there really isnt any reason to go buy a motorcycle from them just to support them.

I should also add I wouldnt want BMW to get the idea that I perfer motorcycles and then by supporting the motorcycles end up with less cars.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

here is how.

disagree completely.

If you like BMW because of its cars and they made the annoucement that they are now also selling motorcycles but you dont like motorcycles at all there really isnt any reason to go buy a motorcycle from them just to support them.

I should also add I wouldnt want BMW to get the idea that I perfer motorcycles and then by supporting the motorcycles end up with less cars.

Well the funny thing about your annalogy. BMW makes moter cycles,  not that I want one I prefer Suzuki the reason is they build a better bike for a cheaper price. I do kind of agree however just becasue my favorite car maker makes a great vehicle, they might not make a great bike.  So I drive a Dodge Ram, and a Suziki 650, have an EZGO golf cart.  You pick what works best, you just don't buy everything from the same company becasue they make everything under the sun. 

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    From what I've read, TESO isn't that much different from SWTOR. I won't be surprised if it ends up being another post-WoW disappointment.

oh god please no, I can't swallow another TOR experience, that game traumatized me.

Seriously, there is no freakin' way that TESO can be THAT bad. This is almost impossible.

I would suggest you stay far away from the game then.  IF you didnt like TOR.  I liked TOR personally and cant wait for TESO.  I have no illusions that it will be F2P eventually..maybe Ill wait till then..save the $60  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I learned years ago you do not preorder any mmorpg. Now I wait four to six months after release to see if it is going to be a viable game or if the devs just shit in a box and called it a mmorpg.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    What I can't understand is why in the world would anyone pre-order a game without knowing what the sys reqs are??? Are we suppose to base it on the sys reqs for Skyrim? By now TES must surely know what the reqs are for the game to run smoothy will be...
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Not pre-ordering or even buying, it has been verified that it's a themepark. Really sad for the direction TESO has taken, was hoping for a completely different gameplay approach.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Outis

I love ES,but im in no way falling for this one..   not until i KNOW for a fact that its good.

+1

+1
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I love ES,but im in no way falling for this one..   not until i KNOW for a fact that its good.

here is how.

disagree completely.

Well the funny thing about your annalogy. BMW makes moter cycles,  not that I want one I prefer Suzuki the reason is they build a better bike for a cheaper price. I do kind of agree however just becasue my favorite car maker makes a great vehicle, they might not make a great bike.  So I drive a Dodge Ram, and a Suziki 650, have an EZGO golf cart.  You pick what works best, you just don't buy everything from the same company becasue they make everything under the sun. 

Buying a game because of an IP from people that butcher the IP and disregard the gameplay that made that gaming IP popular is rewarding a company for doing the wrong thing and only encourages more of the same in the future.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by erictlewis

here is how.

disagree completely.

Gamestop says the official release date is the last day of this year, lol. Who would pre-order something 12 months in advance when all the details arent even known? Also I didnt see anything about payment method as far as sub VS b2p. Plus BMW has made motorcycles for decades and Suzuki recently announced they wont be selling to America anymore or are going out of business, atleast thats what I read.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    I would rather spend 60 dollars on TESO than on some kickstarter scam!!