Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge English Version in the Works

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Jake Song (the founder of XLGAMES) confirmed that the English server of ArcheAge is in the works.

Source: http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/archeage-founder-confirms-english-version-in-the-making/

Smile

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is great news.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    My sentiments exactly ^~^

Smile

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    ohh so we will wait few years for translation
    And MMORPG.com really should start paying me... This is like the third time in less than a month that I've posted hot news before they got to it haha

Smile

• jdreamjdream Member UncommonPosts: 80

good news

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

ArcheAge is at least two years away if not longer, i have a feeling it will be ready the same year EQNext comes out.

Late 2014 early 2015 is my guess.

Originally posted by Rimmersman

ArcheAge is at least two years away if not longer, i have a feeling it will be ready the same year EQNext comes out.

I'm going to remain positive and say near the end of 2013.

Smile

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Strange isn't it in CBT 5... Guess under your logic it'll see CBT 15 before launch... Seems off.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Jake Song (the founder of XLGAMES) confirmed that the English server of ArcheAge is in the works.

Source: http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/archeage-founder-confirms-english-version-in-the-making/

awsome news!!!!!!!!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Well it's place your bets time for this.

Good news at any rate, looking forward to this one. If this server happens anytime in 2013 it will be great.

Originally posted by coretex666

They said they are aiming for late 2013 or early 2014.

I think early 2014 sounds reasonable.

Yeah sounds fine by me. I can play Age of Wushu in 2013 and then play that :)

Smile

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    And MMORPG.com really should start paying me... This is like the third time in less than a month that I've posted hot news before they got to it haha

PM news when you find it to SBFord here.   She does most of the news postings.

Originally posted by Drakynn
    It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.

Yeah I was about to ask my Korean friend if there was a way I could still play the Korean version over here because I just want to play it soo much!

Smile

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Mannish
    This is great news.

^

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

While i like the news, i didnt like what was said lower in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/XLGAMES/status/281002426205630464

Lets Play ArcheAge said...

"Excuse me, does that mean, that you´ll publish the game in NA/EU yourself?"

Jake Song said...

"No"

I was hoping that XL would have kept everything in house and published it themselves. Now were at the mercy of whatever publisher they use and hope they dont chop the game to bits.

Originally posted by xAPOCx

Jake Song said...

"No"

I was hoping that XL would have kept everything in house and published it themselves. Now were at the mercy of whatever publisher they use and hope they dont chop the game to bits.

Well I'm fairly sure they are going to give it to an actual good publisher because Jake Song has been handeling the game like it's his baby. I mean the length of the CBs are unheard of so I am pretty sure he wants it to do well.

Smile

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.

He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.

Smile

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.
    He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.

This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367

How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences?

Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.

Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

There has never not been a plan to bring the game to Western audiences. It's been part of what they intended to do as long as they've been writing the game.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Jake Song said...

"No"

Damn, guess its time to update my NCSoft Master Account.

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware.

This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367

How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences?

Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.

Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493

Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

There has never not been a plan to bring the game to Western audiences. It's been part of what they intended to do as long as they've been writing the game.

They said goal. That isn't definite at all. But I am not going to argue with you as I've noticed for one reason or another every time you've posted in any thread I've started it seems like you're aim is to try and instigate an arguement (no offense meant, it's just something I've honestly noticed and maybe you don't even mean to do this or maybe I'm way off base).

Smile

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Razeekster Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.   He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.
    This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367 How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences? Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.
    Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493 Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.
    They said goal. That isn't definite at all. But I am not going to argue with you as I've noticed for one reason or another every time you've posted in any thread I've started it seems like you're aim is to try and instigate an arguement (no offense meant, it's just something I've honestly noticed and maybe you don't even mean to do this or maybe I'm way off base).

Well, if I am doing that, my apologies. It's not intentional and I'm not targeting you. I usually don't keep track of who is posting which threads so I can at least say it's not on purpose. :-)

Originally posted by Drakynn It's good to have soem solid news on the english version front...makes it seem less like vaporware. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This has not only been known, but planned by Jake Song since the game was first mentioned on any English speaking websites.   He never really made an official announcement until now. It was all speculation based on some of the words he said which could be taken either way. "He hoped to take ArcheAge globally." Hoped and will are two very different things.
    This is an interview with Jake Song done by MMORPG.com in July of 2011. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/5367 How do you think the game will translate to Western audiences? Jake Song: We started developing ArcheAge considering global service in the first place. We want to let the players feel the true beauty MMORPG by forming a society like real life by networking with other players. The motto of ArcheAge is 'A world made of your own free will'. I think such facts of ArcheAge are what Western game players would also want and enjoy.
    Here's an interview on MMORPG.com on July of this year with Suk Woo Choi. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/6493 Suk Woo Choi: ArcheAge will launch at the end of this year in Korea, and the goal is to launch it in North America towards the end of 2013, or the beginning of 2014. Once we have a publisher set and the game’s launched in Korea, things will be clearer for the US.

Well, if I am doing that, my apologies. It's not intentional and I'm not targeting you. I usually don't keep track of who is posting which threads so I can at least say it's not on purpose. :-)

Alright, well that makes me feel better that at least it's not on purpose. Sorry if I offended you at all :)

Smile

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Good news!

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot