Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 months in. Are you still playing? If so, What are you doing now?

Comments

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Yep, still playing it, still loving it. Friends have also all joined me, and the guild is always busy.

What am I doing in game? Exploring the stories, exploring the world, enjoying the awesome events, learning the different character skills, having a blast. Looking forward to what comes next :)

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

My entire guild quit the game within two weeks so playing now is not a thrilling experience.  I have one toon that about to hit 80 and a bunch of other toons in their 30's and 40's.

I log in every couple of days for 30min or so.  I assume if I was into PvP maybe the game would be more exciting.  Why am I replying to this thread?  I think it's Age of Wushu beta time.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No playing ps2

I enjoyed gw2, but I was mostly enjoying WvW. ps2 just does "wvw" better for me. Also it doesn't force me into pve to pay for repairs and siege equipment.
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Havent played since October something about it just didn't sit right with me and found myself with no real desire to login,  I was contemplating installing again and taking another look but readingthis thread and repeatedly seeing the word dailies has forced me to cancel the download and look elsewhere for an MMO fix.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I haven't played in a few weeks but I try to keep on top of the changes and additions to the game.  I'll probably fire it up sometime during the coming holidays and play with family who have or may get the game.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    No playing ps2

I enjoyed gw2, but I was mostly enjoying WvW. ps2 just does "wvw" better for me. Also it doesn't force me into pve to pay for repairs and siege equipment.

Has that been an issue? I've never had a problem earning enough gold or badges in WvW for repairs and seige. You can even get free seige daily from the jumping puzzles. If you get in on a lot of caps and defenses you make good gold. One way... if Bay is getting trebbed, repairing the wall will earn you at least the bronze for defense. Easy money... just watch the supply. You may need to run to the supply camp rather than strip out of Bay.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by saurus123

yes

it offered me more content than TSW, SWTOR or PANDALAND

i reach max lvl in WoW in about 2 weeks and get decend gear then it was just dailies and raids after few i got soo bored already (but some ppl enjoy carrot on the stick)

TSW well it have nice mission system but overall game is dull and boring

Swotor i dont need to coment on this

everything exept story line suck

So what are you doing now?

tpvp, wvw sometimes few fractals

now mostly doing wintersday content

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Not playing at the moment because I still haven't found a class I want to get to level 80. I sometimes get like that where I just can't decide on something and I need to take a break to think about it.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by MurlockDance
    Not playing at the moment because I still haven't found a class I want to get to level 80. I sometimes get like that where I just can't decide on something and I need to take a break to think about it.

Are you looking for more straight forward or more hidden complexities? For the latter, if you haven't tried a mesmer they really begin to shine at higer levels as you begin to really enhance them with traits. The more straight forward seeming ones, such as warriors or rangers, have good bits of hidden depth but you don't "need" to uncover all that as soon to get a lot out of them.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Nope.   Stopped over a month ago and haven't looked back.

Enjoying my time split between SWTOR and TSW.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Asking this poll, in the mostly against GW2 forum here, is skewed results already.

Jes saying - poll is troll bait.

I am still playing.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by botrytis

Asking this poll, in the mostly against GW2 forum here, is skewed results already.

Jes saying - poll is troll bait.

I am still playing.

Will it have different results than if you asked the question on a GW2 specific fansite?  Yes, probably.  However, MMORPG.com is a general site dedicated to MMORPGs.  You will likely get a response close to the general feeling of people who consider MMORPGs their hobby.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Yes, still playing.

And right now mostly doing the holiday event stuff, before that exploring the world (specially the Orr areas) on my guardian that just hit 80 a couple weeks ago, getting to the entrances of dungeons that I never visited before, finishing the storyline, and from time to time playing with my level 35 mesmer on his way to 80. Still on my to do list: WvW (loved it in beta, hadn't really had the time to play it after release), get into crafting, exploring the whole world (I think my guardian is like 20 or 30% of the world explored), doing some of the jumping puzzles that I haven't tried yet, eventually getting my mesmer to level 80, and a bit longer term, get some exotic weapons (screw legendaries, I just want the foefire weapons for my guardian).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Leveling alts, playing with friends who have been a bit more slow in progressing (taking them through dungeons and jumping puzzles), and WvW.  Also, enjoying the holiday events.

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    explorable dungeons, leveling alts, W3

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Yep still playing play about 2 hrs a day during the week and 3 to 4 hrs on weekends but mostly spend most of my time doing what ever I want and not grinding away at it.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Nope, got bored with it after doing full map completion, all the explorer achievements, and jumping puzzles.  It's a good game but not a great one, and it has little to hold my interest long-term.  I've played other MMOs for 4-5 years at a time, so it's not a matter of me jumping from game to game.  There's just not much there to GW2 once you've been through it once.  I'm back to kicking around Skyrim and Lego LOTR until something new comes out.

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

Still playing. Still getting my main to 80. I like to take time, play casual, play lots of characters. I don't PvP.

I also roleplay a lot, like 90% of my time in-game.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Still playing mostly WvWvW. Running dungeons and doing new content as it comes out as well.

Sometimes helping guildmates with personal story or if they need to kill a tough mob to get to a skill point. Thats always fun.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

PvP, WvW and the odd dungeon if someone in the guild needs some gear.

Wintersday is keeping me busy at the moment as well.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Lol 40% - 60% in mmorpg.com cant be good. 
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I still playing but getting bored too.
    Most I do is dynamic events at lvl 80 zones and the Frozen Maw.
    Found PvP too repetitive but doing time to time.
    Dungeons are too hard for me to be considered as fun. I liked better fast runs like at later WoW and some close games like Forsaken World.
    at GW2 dungeon seems long as challenging like raid in WoW, and it's not so fast to find group w/o group finder.
    I guess this game born outdated at least compare to some other I played. Or somthing missing badly to get fun out of it. never got such issue with GW before they started to die due to massive nerfs.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

650+ hours played and still going strong!

During a given week I farm level 80 content, level an alt, patrol some of my favorite lower level zones with a level 80 character, do my dailies, help friends and guildmates, turn a little profit on the TP, do some sPvP and spend some time in WvW. I've avoided dungeons up until now, but I'll be adding that to the rotation soon.

I still feel like there is almost too much to do. When I sit down to play on any given day, I don't know for sure what I'm going to be doing until I get to the character select screen and decide which toon I feel like playing that day and what might be appropriate game play for that character.

I spend a fair amount of time each week playing the game the way I would play a game like Skyrim. Rather than persuing some checklist of content or climbing some progression ladder, I just roam the world, explore the landscape, kill things, harvest nodes, do events and look for people to help.

BTW: As to the sentiment on these forums, as I play and enjoy the game I have little time to post here and there is such a lack of worthwhile discussion here to pursue that it has fallen down on my daily priority list of forums to visit and partake in. So, it doesn't surprise me that there are more bored, anti-GW2 people here than people actively enjoying the game.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• GXRrangerGXRranger Member UncommonPosts: 42
    2 to 3 hours max a night.  Fractals and jump puzzles with the wife, waiting for next MMO to come out...
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264