Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to get a handle on this...

RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
3 sets of skills for each school.  You can only learn one though at start? Got to play about 2 or 3 days before it was shutdown.  Read various post on forums, but just about every explaination.  Is too vague for my taste.  Is there an accurate fan-site or wiki that brings it down?

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yes at the very begining you will learn 1 set. After you blow through the first chapter of the story you will learn 2 more. At that point you can begin to learn other schools, by stealing scrolls I think. There is also a 4 tier of skills fpr each school. I have no idea how to get that stuff.

You can mix and match all the skills you learn.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by bcbully

Yes at the very begining you will learn 1 set. After you blow through the first chapter of the story you will learn 2 more. At that point you can begin to learn other schools, by stealing scrolls I think. There is also a 4 tier of skills fpr each school. I have no idea how to get that stuff.

can you tell me if all skills share the same global cooldown? i remember when i used my 1st skill from my main weapon all skills from that tree got a cooldown 2-3 sec also when i change weapon got a cooldown 7-10 sec in all skills.

is that how the skill system is working or i do something wrong?

this makes the compat to feel very slow to me..i mean we hit one or two skills and then what?run arround for 2-10 sec until skills is up..sigh i hope im wrong..

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

4th style wont be fast in english version as now its only on test server in china

theres 7sec cool down between styles, if not some clans could stun You forever, while other do other nasty combos

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Is it live? I thought the server wasnt going up for another couple of hours.
    Originally posted by Dietengu
    Originally posted by bcbully

can you tell me if all skills share the same global cooldown? i remember when i used my 1st skill from my main weapon all skills from that tree got a cooldown 2-3 sec also when i change weapon got a cooldown 7-10 sec in all skills.

is that how the skill system is working or i do something wrong?

this makes the compat to feel very slow to me..i mean we hit one or two skills and then what?run arround for 2-10 sec until skills is up..sigh i hope im wrong..

If reasoned correctly in CB1, it felt like Feints of the same school shared a CD, as did Attacks of the same school. Well that can't be right, but there are different cooldowns. Not sure if it is school or type related. :( 

Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Is it live? I thought the server wasnt going up for another couple of hours.

a small update just went up. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

See ya'll in game..

Hopefully it won't be much longer.. The anticipation is breathtaking..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Yeah, i'm seriously ready to really get lost this time round. My girl is going late night shopping with my mum and her mum so ill have the appartment to myself for five hours.

• windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    There are also tons of non-school styles and you can learn them all if you can find the manuals for those. I've read on some website that they are planning to make school-less play more viable.
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Thought about joining the CB2 , but with one hour game restrictions per day. I'll just wait for OB. They should at least give 3-4 hours per day.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Darklotus79
    Thought about joining the CB2 , but with one hour game restrictions per day. I'll just wait for OB. They should at least give 3-4 hours per day.

Well you get 10 hours today then 1 hour a day til they start ob which wont be til April or May.All that is for is so you can see if you like the game,if you do you can buy the deluxe edition and get full access all of this beta and in February.

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Asheram

Well you get 10 hours today then 1 hour a day til they start ob which wont be til April or May.All that is for is so you can see if you like the game,if you do you can buy the deluxe edition and get full access all of this beta and in February.

The thing is..In a mmorpg 1hr is like 5mins. Its not like mmofps where 1hr is plenty.  10hrs of gameplay will get you through ..what ? Maybe 5% of the content available 10% if your real good. 

At the same time I know Its only like $10 or something , but at the same time I dont even know if its worth my time and bandwidth to download it. So I'll just wait for OB then try it. I maybe missing out idk , but I got plenty to keep me occupied till then.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I can't even find the schools to start things.  I'm assuming that is the first thing you're supposed to do in the game?  I tried to fight something but that didn't work.  Even the old school MMO's are easier to understand initially than this...lol.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    All you have to do is follow the quest line and it will lead you to the school. Also you can just click on the quest npc names in the quest log on the right side of screen and it will auto path you to the npcs.
  • Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Asheram

The thing is..In a mmorpg 1hr is like 5mins. Its not like mmofps where 1hr is plenty.  10hrs of gameplay will get you through ..what ? Maybe 5% of the content available 10% if your real good. 

At the same time I know Its only like $10 or something , but at the same time I dont even know if its worth my time and bandwidth to download it. So I'll just wait for OB then try it. I maybe missing out idk , but I got plenty to keep me occupied till then.

They are just giving you a taste so you can see if you like it... They need to make money after all, I think the 10 hours +1 hour a day is more than enough time for you to decide if it is a game you think is worth buying.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

The game is huge....I mean HUGE!. I am impressed and although it is a bit of an odd game teh scope of it and some of the design idea's are just....amazing. I am studying game design atm and it really gives me hope that games I dream of making can be done.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    I can't even find the schools to start things.  I'm assuming that is the first thing you're supposed to do in the game?  I tried to fight something but that didn't work.  Even the old school MMO's are easier to understand initially than this...lol.

Are you serious? You've got visual hints telling which mousebutton to click, jumping icons, and a freaking auto-pathing feature that makes your character run to the next NPC in the questline. How is that hard? Just follow the quests and you will end up choosing a school eventually.

Game looks fucking awesome btw. Not only do I like the innovative features and the whole open-ended layout, but it also runs surprisingly well on my dated system. Great optimization and overall high level of polish.

I've just scratched the surface so far though, can't wait to dig deeper and try more stuff.

Originally posted by Biskop

Game looks fucking awesome btw. Not only do I like the innovative features and the whole open-ended layout, but it also runs surprisingly well on my dated system. Great optimization and overall high level of polish.

I've just scratched the surface so far though, can't wait to dig deeper and try more stuff.

It's shocking how well this game plays compared to the recent western releases.

Are you serious? You've got visual hints telling which mousebutton to click, jumping icons, and a freaking auto-pathing feature that makes your character run to the next NPC in the questline. How is that hard? Just follow the quests and you will end up choosing a school eventually.

dont cry later when You will have quests without auto track to find item/npc

or gossip like somewhere in the east theres weird monk living in the cave  

Originally posted by AresPL

dont cry later when You will have quests without auto track to find item/npc

or gossip like somewhere in the east theres weird monk living in the cave  

Cry? I love challenging games. Looking forward to the less streamlined stuff.

Above I was refering to the starter experience, which is very easy to follow.

for most should be easy, yet in Cb1 there were ppl who were running around for 3h and didnt even start tutorial.. like wtf
    I'm not surprised tbh, some of today's "gamers" practically need the game to play itself, or they'll complain about lack of directon and too high difficulty..

I can see how AoW might become a bit confusing later on since it has some novel concepts, but how anyone can fail to complete the tutorial is pretty bizarre. It's just as linear and hand holding as any recent game's tutorials.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm not surprised tbh, some of today's "gamers" practically need the game to play itself, or they'll complain about lack of directon and too high difficulty..

I can see how AoW might become a bit confusing later on since it has some novel concepts, but how anyone can fail to complete the tutorial is pretty bizarre. It's just as linear and hand holding as any recent game's tutorials.

Lol.  I've never played a game with auto track/run.  And if you don't know to click on the names in the quest tracker you will be lost.  Maybe you have played a lot of games with auto track, I haven't.  

Now understanding the systems in this game is entirely different issue.  Luckily there are some pretty good guides out there as most of this stuff is quite different from the typical MMO (at least in name).  Looking forward to completely understanding the systems in this game as I think it has some very nice potential.