Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 months in. Are you still playing? If so, What are you doing now?

Comments

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by kevjards
    still playing .i have 4 chars on the go..highest is lvl 54 ele.followed by warrior 44,hunter 37,engineer 20.just swap chars..i,e one day on the ele.next day on the warrior etc.

A level 155 you are, unless my math betrays me.  Which it might.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I've all but stopped playing. Once in a while I login and try to level an alt or play some sPvP, but it doesn't hold my attention for long. This is basically a mediocre game with a great graphics engine, the perfect payment model, and a bunch of half baked innovations ("dynamic" events, lack of trinity, WvW, etc.). Way overhyped.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SpankthetoadSpankthetoad Member UncommonPosts: 83
    No longer playing.  Hit lvl 74 on my Guardain and just did not like the game much.  Back to playing Rift

Spankthetoad

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Lvling another char, trying to get T3 cultural armour.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Stopped with 2 chars, both of equally broken classes, both at level 26, when i recognised that the game is the very same from lvl5 to lvl80 - plus ANet just has no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes altogether.

The game is a conglomerate of failed concepts. Casters are forced to melee, Necros aren't Necros, Rangers aren't Rangers, the weapons=skills system is weak, the conditions-system doesn't work, pets don't work, DR punishes players and refuses any loot for days, lack of holy trinity turned out to be a cheap excuse for poorly executed classes/traits, same-o-same hearts and DEs in every zone are a cheap excuse for a decent quest and leveling system, events are a mess, etc. etc.

Since i stopped playing, i still kept on following patches and forums and came to the conclusion that ANet doesn't only have no clue how to handle/ fix/ balance classes, but almost ANYTHING in the game.

Loot, economy, DR, DEs, classes, traits... everything is a mess in game -just as PR, community management, communication and customer treatment is outside.

And with the recent heavy drift towards the item shop (Hello Nexon and Crystin Cox), this game will never be any better.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    I would say GW2 has found it's Niche group.  It has weeded out those that don't fit in the niche, and kept those that do.  DAOC, GW1, EvE and many more wenrt for everyone, bit was wildly popular within it's Niche.  I forsee GW2 being the same way.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I still play even if I am taking this week off (but I think I play a lot next). I usually do that before I have a free week. :)

I mostly play PvP and dungeons but also leveling up another alt and generally help my guildies with whatever they do.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    I quit playing months ago.  Why?  Just too boring to me.  Obviously others like it so good on them.  I'm waiting for something else; I just don't have any idea what that is yet.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

No.  Game has not much depth.  After so much hype regarding the lack of the grind, the game boils down to nothing more than grinding for item skins and repeating the same dungeon over and over.  The WvW is a pitiful shell of what it could have been, and enticing ex-DAoCers to play it was dishonest.

Edit:  That said, I agree with an above poster.  Don't think this game is going to fail.  It definitely appeals to a certain type of gamer and will probably hold on to that target audience in the way GW1 did. 

One more edit.  Really gotta say that there definitely was something special about this MMO at first that  I hadn't felt in a long time.  Sure it got old quick ,but i definitely had fun at least getting my first toon to 80.  I feel that I got my 60 dollars worth.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    I still play it as a side-mmorpg, just like I intended it to be :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

Mostly leveling alts and sometimes I do an explorable on my main.

After that early rush I'm taking it slow now and play 2-3 hours per day for about 4-5 days per week. Also taking part in guild organized events and dungeon runs when they come up.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Gathering materials for my Legendary weapon.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Zoltos
    Originally posted by cagar

I still play, almost lvl 64 with my main, have a lvl 10 alt too. I only play if the weathers bad or I am waiting on something or someone. When winter hits I might play more.

I thougt it was winter allready ;)

and gotta love these " gamers " who post in gaming forums and trying to be " nongamers" like i only play mmos when i dont anything else to do??? think these dudes should stick to super mario wonders for 5mins so called gaming time.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by m0lly
    Originally posted by Zoltos
    Originally posted by cagar

I still play, almost lvl 64 with my main, have a lvl 10 alt too. I only play if the weathers bad or I am waiting on something or someone. When winter hits I might play more.

I thougt it was winter allready ;)

and gotta love these " gamers " who post in gaming forums and trying to be " nongamers" like i only play mmos when i dont anything else to do??? think these dudes should stick to super mario wonders for 5mins so called gaming time.

You're called "m0lly" but you're a 33 year old guy sitting posting about games on a mmorpg forum.

Criiiiinge

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    I don't play it, but the mmo market is really sad and dull lately. I can see why some people remain in GW2.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Ask this type of question in a more general forum rather then the games board and the results would most likely be far more slanted to the no result then it currently is ..

People caught on pretty quick to GW2's many problems after the hype died down.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Yes, surprising me most of all,  I am still playing. I have 6 toons with the highest level 61. As I am a solo, non-pvp player, I figure it will take me another 2 months to get my highest level toon to 80.

I fully expected that, for me, GW2 would be a 30 day wonder. But MOP was worse than CATA. I played all of an hour over 5 of my level 85 toons. The talent changes are the biggest turn off. I played Storm Legion for about an hour as well. As I did not keep building up my toons in 6 months I felt totally underpowered in the new content.

It is most likely all my fault. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks is the way that  I feel. I am old and I have not been happy with the changes made to both WOW and RIFT. But that is the world of MMO's - everything is about change.

It is amusing that for a game that is supposedly all about pvp I am having the most fun since WOW in GW2 pve. The vistas are so spectacular that I sometimes spend several minutes going to the highest point in the area and looking over the scenery. I look back on my complaints about downleveling as a big mistake. The fact that you can level anywhere equal to or lower than your toon level really opens up the world. I figured that I would quickly get tired of having skills tied to weapons but I am having great fun trying out different weapons as I level. I do get bored from time to time with the constant movement during combat and I am still a combat noob but I am killing mobs much faster than Storm Legion. TBC and WRATH were better than GW2 but I do agree with one publication - GW2 is the best release of the year.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Played it for a good while, until pretty much everyone I knew except my wife and I quit. Then it was just too lonely an experience. I suppose I could have reached out at that point and tried to make some new friends, but all the good friends I had had moved on, so I went with them. 

That, and by 80, I just did not really enjoy the end game options anymore.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I give it a go every now or then, although that's kind of rare these days.  I did stop about three weeks after launch as I had a lv76 Ele that I just didn't enjoy anymore. 

Then again I had the same issue with pretty much every other class as well.  Games fine, just isn't engaging enough long term to invest in but that wasn't a surprise to me.

Nowadays I'm not playing anything MMOwise. It's been a year of disapointments in this industry I feel.  Luckily there are plenty of single player releases to keep one busy :D

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      It just couldnt hold me..I topped out at 27..I hopped back on for Wintersday but that also was kinda "meh" to me.  Not a hater, but I guess Im a waiter..Im waiting to see if something gets added to the game to draw me in.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

yes

it offered me more content than TSW, SWTOR or PANDALAND

i reach max lvl in WoW in about 2 weeks and get decend gear then it was just dailies and raids after few i got soo bored already (but some ppl enjoy carrot on the stick)

TSW well it have nice mission system but overall game is dull and boring

Swotor i dont need to coment on this

everything exept story line suck

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by saurus123

yes

it offered me more content than TSW, SWTOR or PANDALAND

i reach max lvl in WoW in about 2 weeks and get decend gear then it was just dailies and raids after few i got soo bored already (but some ppl enjoy carrot on the stick)

TSW well it have nice mission system but overall game is dull and boring

Swotor i dont need to coment on this

everything exept story line suck

So what are you doing now?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I log in once every couple of weeks just to see if something clicks. After I play for about 20 minutes I log out again due to boredom.
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Had 2 accounts (have, I suppose) with (4) 80s, (1) 79 and (1) 76+. The 80s are mostly exotic armored.

Haven't logged on in about 6 weeks. I suppose the possibility is there but have no real desire to in the foreseeable future.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I don't think I've missed a day yet to be honest. Levelled my third character (ranger) to 80, do lots of WvW, Fractals, Southsun karka hunting. Enjoying the hell out of Wintersday, mastered the jumping puzzle and got the bell achievements (although that took me a lot longer than my daughter...). Slowly working towards being able to craft an ascended back piece, I want quivers for my mesmer and ranger.

Oderint, dum metuant.