Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Allied divisions trapped in a pocket. LOL

Well it seems not only did the Axis recover from CRS interference, they now at this moment completely surround every allied unit. I dont think this has ever happened before.   There are no Allied units receiving supply.  Wow. LOL.  XOOM tries to hand a victory to the Allies, and they get slaughtered in under 24 hours.   BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

It is beyond pathetic at this point.  

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

It has happened before.

5 or 6 years ago.   And it has happened to the Axis and XOOM did the samething then.  

But that was caused by an OKW player who was mad at someone in the community and decided to grief by getting the whole Axis army trapped.

So much crap, so little quality.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

It was a very precarious situation for the axis. One day we had five divisions or so routed and were in full retreat, the next we're executing some bizarre counter offensive. We were sitting defending some pivotal naval town to the far north(Dordrecht?) while stretching from the Zeelands almost all the way south and then northwest to the Tournai area for awhile.

The allies cut off the north at least once but we retook the town and relinked, all the while we kept pushing on the other end of the big horseshoe. I think it was "dcoy" who didn't sleep for a long time and was constantly on the alert for an allied attack there. I was wondering WTF we were doing, as the battle lines were all messed up and we needed to make a cut or pull back, but gradually the strategy manifested and the massive encirclement became more likely.

There was some very smart play during several critical hours by the axis. Most of the guys were playing infantry, we didn't mess around and would lock the para spawn, kick the air units and took the large airfield towns. I'm still wondering why the allies didn't muster more of a paratrooper response as they had total control of the air in that whole sector.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    im confused at what ppl see in this game...its so dated and...dated...never played it but it look slike sumthing the Nintendo 64 would run. Plus looks unrealistic as hell....please infor me to why this game is soo popular?

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Dantae87 im confused at what ppl see in this game...its so dated and...dated...never played it but it look slike sumthing the Nintendo 64 would run. Plus looks unrealistic as hell....please infor me to why this game is soo popular?

I'd say the biggest appeal is the ability to play with hundreds of other teammates/squad members. No 24 man raids, no 32 vs 32, not even 100 vs 100 like you can do in Mount&Blade, there's the potential in this game to have hundreds of other people coordinating with each other on a town attack. Of course this means nothing when the server population is low and during those times you just get a sub-par FPS...

The infantry models, animations, and a bit of the physics are unrealistic but armor thicknesses and penetration is modeled well enough. It makes for some decent tactical game play and a lot of the time skill and patience wins out over the guy with the stronger vehicle.

It just sucks that the company behind the game has made some really strange development decisions and their public relations is generally awful, below even what you would expect from a small indie studio.

• RobbHoodRobbHood Member Posts: 58

It's more like 10 v 50.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    im confused at what ppl see in this game...its so dated and...dated...never played it but it look slike sumthing the Nintendo 64 would run. Plus looks unrealistic as hell....please infor me to why this game is soo popular?

This is easy...

Learn to spell first.

Second, its because it was the first MMOFPS on the market that actually used real round penetration physics.  None of this hitpoint buble mechanics found in so many other games.   WWIIOL had a lot of potential and lived up to half of it, if it wasnt for poor choices by the developers the game could have been the game of the decade.  

So much crap, so little quality.