Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Beta is under NDA, stop talking about beta.

2»

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Cstahler92
    Originally posted by Zyzra

I am not in beta, and have not signed an NDA.

That said, why would a re-released game that AV thought was almost ready for actual launch, with a beta anyone can get into for a fee, have an NDA at all?

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

it was nowhere near ready. It is hardly reayd to even be in beta form and at this point I'm going to refer to it as VERY VERY VERY early stages of an Alpha.

I take it youve never been in an alpha or beta before.

There is 1 major issue they need to deal with right now. Aside from that, things are going great for the most part.

Funny thing is people usng that 1 issue as a reason why its "not even beta ready"... yet similar issues existed in the actual retail launch of many major games including SWTOR, GW2, Diablo 3, and various others. Those games had this issue after multiple betas and stress tests on top of the funding and staff backing the game. You're throwing a fit about something in the 1st 2 days of the only beta of a game made by a small company.

I still think if they don't have a server that removes player corpse looting the game is going to die a fairly quick death sadly, the playerbase into that kind of pvp is probally not big enough to sustain a mmo in todays time. UO was successful bu tthat was over 10 years ago, Eve is successful only because of plex and the fact you can bascally play on someone else dollar, or else the game was about to die. Of course though. no one will listen to me.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Atlan99Atlan99 Calgary, ABPosts: 1,323Member

That said, why would a re-released game that AV thought was almost ready for actual launch, with a beta anyone can get into for a fee, have an NDA at all?

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

it was nowhere near ready. It is hardly reayd to even be in beta form and at this point I'm going to refer to it as VERY VERY VERY early stages of an Alpha.

There is 1 major issue they need to deal with right now. Aside from that, things are going great for the most part.

Funny thing is people usng that 1 issue as a reason why its "not even beta ready"... yet similar issues existed in the actual retail launch of many major games including SWTOR, GW2, Diablo 3, and various others. Those games had this issue after multiple betas and stress tests on top of the funding and staff backing the game. You're throwing a fit about something in the 1st 2 days of the only beta of a game made by a small company.

Things are far from going great.

Just taking a look at the beta forums would show you that. 90% of the threads on the General Beta Discussion forums are complaints about the state of the game.

Tasos said this game was ready for launch and just needed a little polish. We found out quickly that the game is no where near ready to launch and that the NDA is place for a very good reason. If it wasn't in place the game would be torn to shreds and there would be  a bunch of youtube videos up, mocking the current state of the game.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt margatePosts: 172Member

NDAs are legally invalid as is, they took my money and gave me access to the game before they asked me to "sign" an NDA so yeah agreed, it's an invalid one and if I feel like saying the game is a joke I will. Note I did not just say the game is a joke, just that I could say it is if I felt it is. Which I might. See, that's as clear as the NDA situation is LOL.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,659Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Atlan99

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

Things are far from going great.

Just taking a look at the beta forums would show you that. 90% of the threads on the General Beta Discussion forums are complaints about the state of the game.

Tasos said this game was ready for launch and just needed a little polish. We found out quickly that the game is no where near ready to launch and that the NDA is place for a very good reason. If it wasn't in place the game would be torn to shreds and there would be  a bunch of youtube videos up, mocking the current state of the game.

You seem to be confused about the difference between an actual issue vs something someone doesnt like / personal preference. Yes there threads about things people dont like about the game itself or changes that were made. But as far as actual technical issues, nearly every thread is directly about or related to that 1 issue i mentioned. Yes there are minor issues impatcing a few people here and there, but only 1 very widespread issue remaining. There were others, but several of those have been fixed.

• AzdulAzdul GdanskPosts: 440Member
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

NDAs are legally invalid as is, they took my money and gave me access to the game before they asked me to "sign" an NDA so yeah agreed, it's an invalid one and if I feel like saying the game is a joke I will. Note I did not just say the game is a joke, just that I could say it is if I felt it is. Which I might. See, that's as clear as the NDA situation is LOL.

It's not free speech issue - it's about chargeback disputes. If you want to get back your 15 $ / 30$  after they ban you - some kind of NDA agreement works in their favour. NDA also allows them to ask Youtube to take down videos.

They won't take anyone to court and sue for damages for saying on the Internet that the game sucks.

Originally posted by Siveria

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

I still think if they don't have a server that removes player corpse looting the game is going to die a fairly quick death sadly, the playerbase into that kind of pvp is probally not big enough to sustain a mmo in todays time. UO was successful bu tthat was over 10 years ago, Eve is successful only because of plex and the fact you can bascally play on someone else dollar, or else the game was about to die. Of course though. no one will listen to me.

You, and the others you speak of, really need to stop being so single minded. This is not WoW. You do not spend months grinding to get that leet gear only to have it taken from you 5 minutes later.

Gear is expendable, easy to get, and MEANT to be lost. You have durability on your gear also. So wether someone takes it from you, or you break it through us, it is gone either way. There is no permanent gear whatsoever.

Gear is not what makes you good.  Your character stats / skill levels, as well as individual player skill is what makes you good. You will see very good player running around in little to no gear and using crappy weapons just destroy entire groups of shitty players in top gear.

You seem to be confused about the difference between an actual issue vs something someone doesnt like / personal preference. Yes there threads about things people dont like about the game itself or changes that were made. But as far as actual technical issues, nearly every thread is directly about or related to that 1 issue i mentioned. Yes there are minor issues impatcing a few people here and there, but only 1 very widespread issue remaining. There were others, but several of those have been fixed.

Since that issue is preventing 90% of the people from beta-testing the game, I think you are jumping the gun by saying it is the only issue remaining.

Wait until people can actual beta test the game before you give it the greenlight. You seem to want to excuse AV and downplay the issues with the game.

I'm trying to give people a more accurate view of what to expect if they pre-order the game in order to get into beta. So far that involves not so much beta testing the game but more so testing the limits of your own patience.

Edit. Oh and there are at least 2 widespead issues not one. Both are gamebreaking.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,973Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Entropy14

Why exactly do you care, who gives a flying F**k what people say , NDA is just a dumb rule, freedom of speech, I had to pay to get into beta so since I paid my money I should be free to say what I want. 

Ahahaha. . right. . and you paid for your car so you can drive it on the road however you want.  You can urinate in public as well I suppose in rush hour with no problems either.

No country is free.  You are free to vote for people who will make rules you will likely often disagree with.  Try ranting about something really obsene and sexual on this forum and see how long your free speach lasts.

See. . you agreed to something.   I hope I never run into someone that agrees to things and then never does it because of some percieved right.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,973Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Azdul
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

It's not free speech issue - it's about chargeback disputes. If you want to get back your 15 $ / 30$  after they ban you - some kind of NDA agreement works in their favour. NDA also allows them to ask Youtube to take down videos.

They won't take anyone to court and sue for damages for saying on the Internet that the game sucks.

No but the rules of this forum do not allow you to break the NDA here.   

I don't get how the. . "yeah I agreed but its not legally binding" is a legitimate argument for a decent human being.

Done on the soapbox now.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Atlan99

Since that issue is preventing 90% of the people from beta-testing the game, I think you are jumping the gun by saying it is the only issue remaining.

Wait until people can actual beta test the game before you give it the greenlight. You seem to want to excuse AV and downplay the issues with the game.

I'm trying to give people a more accurate view of what to expect if they pre-order the game in order to get into beta. So far that involves not so much beta testing the game but more so testing the limits of your own patience.

Edit. Oh and there are at least 2 widespead issues not one. Both are gamebreaking.

Im not trying to downplay anything. I know its a major issue, but aside from that most things are working quite well. On the other hand you seem like youre trying to make it sound like the entire game is broken and nothing works by claiming the forums are full of issues. But in reality the forum is full of everyone talking about 1 issue and making tons of different threads about it.

Im not trying to downplay anything. I know its a major issue, but aside from that most things are working quite well. On the other hand you seem like youre trying to make it sound like the entire game is broken and nothing works by claiming the forums are full of issues. But in reality the forum is full of everyone talking about 1 issue and making tons of different threads about it.

First off people are complaining about more than 1 issue.

Second, do you think maybe most people are talking about 1 issue because it prevents them from playing?

Third, don't you think it's premature to say the game is running great when nobody can play it?

Fourth, if nobody can beta test the game, wouldn't you consider it broken?

• LatronusLatronus Lexington Park, MDPosts: 692Member
    If you really care then petition MMORPG to close this and all threads thatt have info violating the NDA.  Anything else is just superficial BS.  Nuff said /thread.

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member

Game is just going to fail again a second time most liley due to the extremly tiny playerbase that likes full looting pvp, I give it 3 months till its f2p or shut down entirely. They got a good concept but are screwing it up entirely by making it a gank/grief-fest, the full player body looting also is going to kill it even more.

Its sad to see something that looks like it might be diffrent, be ruined by catering to a extremly small amount of niche players. I know a ton of people who, even though the game is going to be a gank/greif filled game, would actually play if the corpse looting was removed, or if there was another server with it removed, I don't see why they cannot have it both ways, its only better for the game if they offer a server without the looting, and then one with it.  I really do wonder though what kind of weird enjoyment people get about losing a pvp fight and having yer stuff taken in the first place, whats the draw to it?

You and your likes are starting to sound like a broken record. You are beating a dead horse here and you're wrong to begin with, so just gtfo and play some other game, will you?

• GwahlurGwahlur BergenPosts: 198Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Biskop

Game is just going to fail again a second time most liley due to the extremly tiny playerbase that likes full looting pvp, I give it 3 months till its f2p or shut down entirely. They got a good concept but are screwing it up entirely by making it a gank/grief-fest, the full player body looting also is going to kill it even more.

Its sad to see something that looks like it might be diffrent, be ruined by catering to a extremly small amount of niche players. I know a ton of people who, even though the game is going to be a gank/greif filled game, would actually play if the corpse looting was removed, or if there was another server with it removed, I don't see why they cannot have it both ways, its only better for the game if they offer a server without the looting, and then one with it.  I really do wonder though what kind of weird enjoyment people get about losing a pvp fight and having yer stuff taken in the first place, whats the draw to it?

You and your likes are starting to sound like a broken record. You are beating a dead horse here and you're wrong to begin with, so just gtfo and play some other game, will you?

Biskop, do you even see the irony of your post?

The only irony here is that some people STILL come on to the DF boards clamoring for PVE servers and bitching about full loot, as if that was the major problem with this game right now. It would be like me coming on to the SWTOR boards asking for a FFA/full loot server and claiming it's the only thing that will save the game.

There's two major misconceptions here, so I'll just straighten them out (for the 3490000946th time).

Yes, there is a quite large niche audience for this type of game, as proven by the interest for it .

No, not every game needs to cater to a mass audience.

If DF:UW fails it will have nothing to do with the looting rules and PvP focus, but with horrible management and a lack of delivering a working product within a reasonable timeframe. The PvE zealots need to move on and accept that some people LIKE PvP games.

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    people here have a right to post on any board they want to and if you dont like it you can be the one to gtfo. He can post what he doesnt like about the game with the same rights you have to post what you do. Darkfall will be dead in a few months once again and I can agree 100% with him because the full loot pvp crowd is a niche crowd . People get personal the longer they spend on their characters and the minute you take everything they earned they will flood the boards with more QQ and chat channels than you can imagine , its going to happen .
    Ofc anyone can post what they like, but predicting the game will die because it's full loot is beyond ridiculous when full loot is one of its main selling points. It's aiming at an audience who enjoys full loot and not trying to please those who don't. Apparently a lot of people want to play it anyway.

Asking for a PvE server just shows how clueless you are.

• ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIPosts: 354Member
    Ofc anyone can post what they like, but predicting the game will die because it's full loot is beyond ridiculous when full loot is one of its main selling points. It's aiming at an audience who enjoys full loot and not trying to please those who don't. Apparently a lot of people want to play it anyway.

The people who want a PVE server don't get Darkfall's Full Loot to be honest.

They don't realize that since the items you use are so incredibly easy to make, and have spares of, that they are essentially worthless.  So even if someone loots them off you, you'll have plenty of spares.

The attacker might not even bother to loot you anyways, since the items are so worthless and he probably has a bank full of the same stuff already.

It's actually a lot more exciting as a concept than it is in practice.

It's kinda like picking up a penny off the ground.

HARDCORE

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member

Yeah that was a pretty ignorant post by that other user.  Darkfall would die if it did away with full loot.  It is the full loot that is keeping this game alive.  Without FFA full loot, then this game becomes just like everyone else but with a much smaller budget.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,058Member Uncommon

The people who want a PVE server don't get Darkfall's Full Loot to be honest.

They don't realize that since the items you use are so incredibly easy to make, and have spares of, that they are essentially worthless.  So even if someone loots them off you, you'll have plenty of spares.

The attacker might not even bother to loot you anyways, since the items are so worthless and he probably has a bank full of the same stuff already.

It's actually a lot more exciting as a concept than it is in practice.

It's kinda like picking up a penny off the ground.

HARDCORE

Then whats the point of alienating potential millions of others who do not like full loot games?  I seriously do not understand the concept here, loot is easy so no one will loot it?  But continue to appeal to small subset of a playerbase alienating others?

IMO its should be gear should matter or there should be no full loot.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Then whats the point of alienating potential millions of others who do not like full loot games?  I seriously do not understand the concept here, loot is easy so no one will loot it?  But continue to appeal to small subset of a playerbase alienating others?

The "point" is they are making it for an audience not adverse to full loot pvp. If you are not in that audience, well tough tits really, not every game is made for every person.

A developer catering to a niche audience is a bad thing? What they should just be totally ignored and only the mass market audience should ever get games?

Some gear/items do matter, others are easy to replace. Not having the level of itemization seen in something like WoW, well that makes perfect sense.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIPosts: 354Member
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

The most common response a person has when they heard Darkfall was being re-made.

2»
This discussion has been closed.