Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Beta is under NDA, stop talking about beta.

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
NDA, nuff said.

Comments

• ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIPosts: 354Member

I am not in beta, and have not signed an NDA.

That said, why would a re-released game that AV thought was almost ready for actual launch, with a beta anyone can get into for a fee, have an NDA at all?

• MIKEBOY813MIKEBOY813 Tampa, FLPosts: 3Member
    and you think making this topic gonna stop people from talking about the beta?? useless topic nuff said
  • possessed1possessed1 Strongsville, OHPosts: 36Member
    People will talk regardless; frankly, I'd like all the information about a product I can get before paying for it. And it sounds to me, with the last minute 'beta' change to DF:UW  that they narrowly avoided the 'War Z' predicament and/or a repeat of DFs original launch
  • MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,558Member Uncommon
    What's with this nuff said stuff? Ah our youth and their catch phrases. I'm pretty sure you can say if you like it or not, which is what I've seen around here.
  • curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    You forgot to add "or else..."
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    What's with this nuff said stuff? Ah our youth and their catch phrases. I'm pretty sure you can say if you like it or not, which is what I've seen around here.

Brah, dun make me hashtag ur yolo n take ur swag

• MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,558Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zyzra

You forgot to add nuff said! at the end.
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Calgary, ABPosts: 1,323Member

That said, why would a re-released game that AV thought was almost ready for actual launch, with a beta anyone can get into for a fee, have an NDA at all?

It has an NDA so beta testers can't reveal how bad the state of the game currently is. The hope is that people will continue to pay for the opportunity to play LauncherFall.

You forgot to add nuff said! at the end.

#Raserei #nuffsaid

• Entropy14Entropy14 Edmonton, ABPosts: 671Member Uncommon

Why exactly do you care, who gives a flying F**k what people say , NDA is just a dumb rule, freedom of speech, I had to pay to get into beta so since I paid my money I should be free to say what I want. 

Originally posted by Entropy14

Why exactly do you care, who gives a flying F**k what people say , NDA is just a dumb rule, freedom of speech, I had to pay to get into beta so since I paid my money I should be free to say what I want. 

Exactly!  Like how I paid for this gun I can shoot who I want!  Right Entropy?

• NoctieNoctie somewherePosts: 15Member

Afraid people that didnt pay for the game yet know how broken the game is ?

I hope more people talk about it.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,134Member Uncommon

Nuff Said

And may God rest his soul.

• CelusiosCelusios Denver, COPosts: 340Member Uncommon

Comparing a harmless NDA to a gun is totally a realistic comparsion. inb4 "BREAKING A LAW IS BREAKING A LAW!"

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Wayout, DEPosts: 529Member

There is an NDA to allow the game company to fix thigns before the game is  launched.  Hence what the beta is intended to do.

Have bugs been found? yes

Have bugs been fixed? yes

Have all bugs been fixed? No

Both of these statements are public knowledge.

/thread

• AzdulAzdul GdanskPosts: 440Member
    Originally posted by Noctie

Afraid people that didnt pay for the game yet know how broken the game is ?

I hope more people talk about it.

NDA will be dropped in the middle of beta. 

IMO they don't really plan to get rich by selling "cat in the bag" to unsuspecting new players. I believe that during the beta they'll refund the purchase to anyone that asks for it.

The open beta is a chance for competitive clans to learn the game, and start on equal footing, which wasn't the case in DF1. And for AV to fix exploits before the launch, and get some free testers. 

Anyway, if you haven't played DF, and don't plan to play DF for at least next year, there is really no reason to pay 30$ to help to test the game.

Originally posted by Celusios

Comparing a harmless NDA to a gun is totally a realistic comparsion. inb4 "BREAKING A LAW IS BREAKING A LAW!"

Well my point was that just because you pay money, doesn't mean you have a license to do whatever the F you want.

By agreeing to the NDA you signify you are going to abide by such rules in the Non-Disclosure AGREEment.

Sometimes a comparison that takes something similar to the extreme helps to show how something much more minor is still wrong.

• radagast777radagast777 poop, OHPosts: 80Member
    so many angry haters, what are they mad about?

Here's a comparison for ya then.

Consumer agrees to pay 30 dollars to receive a game called "Darkfall: Unholy Wars"

Aventurine agrees to provide game "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" to the consumer for the 30 paid dollars.

Then Aventurine says "even though we agreed, we have your money and rules are dumb I shoudl be free to do whatever I want so we're not giving you your game even though we agreed to"

Consumer says "But we had an agreement!"

Entropy14 says "who gives a flying F**k"

How do you think people would feel if Aventurine broke their agreement to release the game despite being paid?

Now relate that to the NDA.

There you go.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 20,008Member Uncommon
    Never occurred to me that they would have a NDA for this paid beta, but then I forgot, "this is AV". truly enough said

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member

Here's a comparison for ya then.

Consumer agrees to pay 30 dollars to receive a game called "Darkfall: Unholy Wars"

Aventurine agrees to provide game "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" to the consumer for the 30 paid dollars.

Then Aventurine says "even though we agreed, we have your money and rules are dumb I shoudl be free to do whatever I want so we're not giving you your game even though we agreed to"

Consumer says "But we had an agreement!"

Entropy14 says "who gives a flying F**k"

How do you think people would feel if Aventurine broke their agreement to release the game despite being paid?

Now relate that to the NDA.

There you go.

Yeah, freedom of speech, you can break the NDA if you want. Do it. But if you're not smart enough to use a computer from your nearest library to post your stuff on a random account, dont be surprise if you get cut. Nothing bad will happen. Your beta access will be removed and they will pay you back. They dont really care about 1 dude like you when they got many others who payed.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 ormond beach, FLPosts: 93Member

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

it was nowhere near ready. It is hardly reayd to even be in beta form and at this point I'm going to refer to it as VERY VERY VERY early stages of an Alpha.

• jahgreenjahgreen chalfont, PAPosts: 38Member
    Actually the game is very good. Most fluid combat I have ever seen.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,661Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Cstahler92

Because

SPOILER ALERT:

it was nowhere near ready. It is hardly reayd to even be in beta form and at this point I'm going to refer to it as VERY VERY VERY early stages of an Alpha.

I take it youve never been in an alpha or beta before.

There is 1 major issue they need to deal with right now. Aside from that, things are going great for the most part.

Funny thing is people usng that 1 issue as a reason why its "not even beta ready"... yet similar issues existed in the actual retail launch of many major games including SWTOR, GW2, Diablo 3, and various others. Those games had this issue after multiple betas and stress tests on top of the funding and staff backing the game. You're throwing a fit about something in the 1st 2 days of the only beta of a game made by a small company.

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon

Game is just going to fail again a second time most liley due to the extremly tiny playerbase that likes full looting pvp, I give it 3 months till its f2p or shut down entirely. They got a good concept but are screwing it up entirely by making it a gank/grief-fest, the full player body looting also is going to kill it even more.

Its sad to see something that looks like it might be diffrent, be ruined by catering to a extremly small amount of niche players. I know a ton of people who, even though the game is going to be a gank/greif filled game, would actually play if the corpse looting was removed, or if there was another server with it removed, I don't see why they cannot have it both ways, its only better for the game if they offer a server without the looting, and then one with it.  I really do wonder though what kind of weird enjoyment people get about losing a pvp fight and having yer stuff taken in the first place, whats the draw to it?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

This discussion has been closed.