Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Community Project: Darkfall ARENA - Concept Introduction Video

Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Guelph, ONPosts: 572Member
Hey everyone, I made a video to introduce my community project for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yODEIjp-rA

Please leave your feedback below.

Thank you,

Kevin

-------------------

This is a NA server project... however it could be expanded to the EU server if players on that server are willing to put in the time / effort to mirror the NA project.

Full Sail University - Game Design

Comments

• CelusiosCelusios Denver, COPosts: 340Member Uncommon
    Nice jacket bro. (No troll at all). 
  • wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir San Leandro, CAPosts: 562Member
    I want to see this idea be successful, but whats bothering me is that you didn't move your head the entire time.
  • Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Guelph, ONPosts: 572Member
    Originally posted by wyrdaskolir
    I want to see this idea be successful, but whats bothering me is that you didn't move your head the entire time.

I am not always aware of how my cerebral palsy affects me, this might have been the case but I honestly could not tell you.

Sorry if it bothers you, I will try to improve my head movement for the next video.  I am still getting use to being in front of a camera.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member

Obvious trolling post is.. obvious?

It may work to bring some people in.  It won't lessen the PvP in the game currently though.  There's no reasonable conclusion that I can think of that would explain any 'peace'.

Good luck anyways.  It would be fun for the people who want to prove that their giant head isn't full of crap.

• SirFubarSirFubar SeoulPosts: 397Member

I'm not a Darkfall player but I these ideas seems weird to me. Especially when you consider the fact that players can't be a "jack of all trades" the same way they were able to in the original game. If the roles/schools aren't balance perfectly, you're '"big" fight, which IMO is pretty weird too because it will be one giant FFA that might not be win by THE best player, will be filled with the most OP role/schools combination. Also, in this one giant FFA, the average players could just team up to gank the top players right off the bat. Could have work better in the original game but even there, one giant FFA to get the "title" of Champion of Agon doesn't really mean anything because the best player can be beat right from the start.

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir San Leandro, CAPosts: 562Member
    Originally posted by Bainwalker

I am not always aware of how my cerebral palsy affects me, this might have been the case but I honestly could not tell you.

Sorry if it bothers you, I will try to improve my head movement for the next video.  I am still getting use to being in front of a camera.

You got me man. I'm going to hell for this!

Clans have no reason not to participate btw. It only creates more fun for everyone in DF

• JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,127Member Uncommon

the blurry initial sequence is horredous man. i had to look away not to ge a headache.

the idea is nice but in practice it wont work. people want to fight, nobody is happy farming or choppin trees. we want to kill. it's why we play games like DF instead of Farm Simulator 4.i mean you can still have the event but it wont stop world pvp. you can even get "arena like" tournaments were people have to submit teams and partake in an elimination like matches for a final prize.

• ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIPosts: 354Member
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

the blurry initial sequence is horredous man. i had to look away not to ge a headache.

the idea is nice but in practice it wont work. people want to fight, nobody is happy farming or choppin trees. we want to kill. it's why we play games like DF instead of Farm Simulator 4.i mean you can still have the event but it wont stop world pvp.

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw