Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Under Fire on Steam

Comments

• PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by ianicus
    Originally posted by Phayz
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Originally posted by orbitxo

ok- i ve been following this game from day one. and did purchase it.

Iam not a hardcore player of the game- but they are NOT SCAMMERS, thats a pretty harsh word to use for a company to have delivered a product in development (as they have stated from day one) and i presume the people using this word had either fallen out with them, are juvenille or dont know much about the game.

So it is not a scam to list the game as having over a dozen skills to spend experience points on and yet not have anyhting like that in the game?

It is not a scam to list the game as having 100km to 400km of map and yet the highest realistic measurement is 72km?

It is not a scam to list the game as having private servers when that feature is also not active?

Lets be serious for a moment.  Sergy himself said the game is in release.  Please dont come here and say people should know the game is in beta or alpha or whatever excuse you have.  Sergy provided the sales page and INTENTIONALLY listed features NOT in the game.  Are some of those features coming soon, yep but that is NOT what Sergy said.  He said those features were in the game NOW at RELEASE.  This was clearly false and Valve made him change the page in less than 24 hours.  If lying about product features is not a scam then maybe you could provide us with your definition of a scam is?  To me, anyone selling a product as A but actually delivering B is trying to scam me.

Maybe you missed the part where he (sergy) explains (and has been for quite a while) that it's a FOUNDATION release...a foundation release and full fledge release are two different things.

LOL I havent heard any developer call something a foundation release....acctualy ever, in fact im quite sure that such a thing does not exist. What he meant ot say was BETA but couldnt otherwise he would have opened his company up to some serious lawsuits.

DayZ is coming out with a foundation release...http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

You go ahead and look up "foundation release" on google and see if ANY other game has done one...I couldnt find one, seems this looks like a new thing companies are going to start doing to mitigate any possible legal action for unfinished products, pathetic, and beware of foundation releases IMO.

/Shrug doesn't matter either way, I enjoy the game and will prolly play it till it either gets shut down or DayZ standalone gets released...or State of Decay by Undead Labs gets released (another one of these zombie sandbox games but slightly different from what I've read.)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Here u can read a interview with gamespy and titov

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Iam not a hardcore player of the game- but they are NOT SCAMMERS, thats a pretty harsh word to use for a company to have delivered a product in development (as they have stated from day one) and i presume the people using this word had either fallen out with them, are juvenille or dont know much about the game.

So it is not a scam to list the game as having over a dozen skills to spend experience points on and yet not have anyhting like that in the game?

It is not a scam to list the game as having 100km to 400km of map and yet the highest realistic measurement is 72km?

It is not a scam to list the game as having private servers when that feature is also not active?

Lets be serious for a moment.  Sergy himself said the game is in release.  Please dont come here and say people should know the game is in beta or alpha or whatever excuse you have.  Sergy provided the sales page and INTENTIONALLY listed features NOT in the game.  Are some of those features coming soon, yep but that is NOT what Sergy said.  He said those features were in the game NOW at RELEASE.  This was clearly false and Valve made him change the page in less than 24 hours.  If lying about product features is not a scam then maybe you could provide us with your definition of a scam is?  To me, anyone selling a product as A but actually delivering B is trying to scam me.

Maybe you missed the part where he (sergy) explains (and has been for quite a while) that it's a FOUNDATION release...a foundation release and full fledge release are two different things.

LOL I havent heard any developer call something a foundation release....acctualy ever, in fact im quite sure that such a thing does not exist. What he meant ot say was BETA but couldnt otherwise he would have opened his company up to some serious lawsuits.

DayZ is coming out with a foundation release...http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

You go ahead and look up "foundation release" on google and see if ANY other game has done one...I couldnt find one, seems this looks like a new thing companies are going to start doing to mitigate any possible legal action for unfinished products, pathetic, and beware of foundation releases IMO.

/Shrug doesn't matter either way, I enjoy the game and will prolly play it till it either gets shut down or DayZ standalone gets released...or State of Decay by Undead Labs gets released (another one of these zombie sandbox games but slightly different from what I've read.)

Agreed I only play it once in a while and just to pass the time, I too am excited to play State of Decay though :D

• GamersHeroesGamersHeroes Member Posts: 14

Sergey is nothing but an insult to the industry. His behaviour towards players, fan and potential customers is nothing short of disgusting. I have no idea how he is allowed to get away with completely obvious lies while responding with "It's your fault".

The whole development process is a total joke. I've played my fair share of online games but nothing has ever shocked me to the point of openly discussing my opinions regarding an individual.

My personal opinion of Mr Titov: HERE

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

You better read Servys recent interview where he firmly says The game is in a release state and that the word foundation is just what they call it since more will be added later like in any other online game.  He stated it is OUT OF BETA and it is RELEASED.  The word "foundation" means nothing.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

WTF are you talking about Phayz?!?

Im not going to call you stupid because that would be wrong...

But DayZ, what you linked, and War Z are differnt games, and companies.

This is a about War Z

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

You better read Servys recent interview where he firmly says The game is in a release state and that the word foundation is just what they call it since more will be added later like in any other online game.  He stated it is OUT OF BETA and it is RELEASED.  The word "foundation" means nothing.

He quoted later something from Day-Z so I'm assuming he got very confused.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

AND WHO CALLED IT! RHINO CRUNCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrKdAjN4DM

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Valve have taken the game off steam for false advertising and are issuing full refunds.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam/#more-136077

thats sad.

I applaud Valve steam for their actions.

But people which purchase things w/o any acknowledge -is sad. 

this game is a hardcore FPS w/o the padding other games have- its dosent make it a scam game- just makes it a game not suited for you.

What makes it a scam is the fact that they actually scammed people. The feature list was a lie, they told people one thing and sold them another. This is a scam. Others have already linked to screen shots which I will link to again since you missed them apparently. 

http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg?1

No mention of being an alpha or beta, no mention of missing features and mechanics, no mention of anything people are complaining about. 

They lied to get people to buy it, they are now reaping what they have sown. 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Dantae87

I laughed so hard watching that. Was very amusing I liked it.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by Dantae87

I laughed so hard watching that. Was very amusing I liked it.

he speaks the truth

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

As much as he lied about features in the game on STEAM i also wonder why people really didnt just read a few posts about it's actual "STATE" before buying the game..

Secondly, it's not like 13 dollars or so is much money and most pleyers could figure out the quality of a "new game release" just by looking at the price tag, it's wrong to falsly advertise, but this also shows that people just gives away money , without even blinking..

• NoobalurtNoobalurt Member UncommonPosts: 14
    How do I get a Refund for a legendary Account?
  • SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Good for Steam...except they need to amend their review process. Fo' so'!
  • leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135
    ...who misread information... who? Seriuosly, WHO?
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by leoo88556
    ...who misread information... who? Seriuosly, WHO?

His use of the 'misread' made me chuckle... Nice attempted try at spinning it as some kind of accident, or even the reader's fault.

But, yeah, once again Steam proving they are a force for good.

• pookirpookir Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

Here u can read a interview with gamespy and titov

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Titov is acting like one sneaky person.Wtf is that attitude?

• PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Hokie

WTF are you talking about Phayz?!?

Im not going to call you stupid because that would be wrong...

But DayZ, what you linked, and War Z are differnt games, and companies.

This is a about War Z

I was simply pointing out that the War Z wasn't the only company coming out with a "Foundation Release". If you read the comment I was quoting, he states he's never heard of any other company using a foundation release. Granted DayZ is the only other game that is using this method, which in itself is pretty suspicious on Warz's end...anyway I was merely pointing out Warz isn't the only game using this release method.

Originally posted by Noobalurt
    How do I get a Refund for a legendary Account?

you can get a full refund by going to this link and calling that number adn saying u want a refund for warz:

http://xsolla.com/help

Got mine back in 3 days...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20796455

This story made the front page of the bbc news website this morning.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

just wanted to make the 100th comment:

WarZ is an awsome game. great hardcore PVP- FPS n 3rd person zombie mmo.

-end of story!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

False advertising is even on there main page. 

http://thewarz.com/index.html

Picture of a guy driving a car is the first thing you see, which of course you can't even do lol. 

The War Z: Zombie Game Huge World

Choose one of the hundreds of servers to play on. 
    Each Zombie Game world has an area of up to 400 square kilometers. LIE lol...

Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game. - LIE lol.. 

No mention of these being things planned for the future, main page is saying these things are whats in WarZ. No mention of it being alpha or beta access, no mention of this being a limited founders version or any other crap like that. 

If you screen shot this it makes it possible to get a refund for copies bought from the official site through various means. They have the exact same false advertising on the main page as they did on steam. It's a little sad. 

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61
    DayZ is a good mod for a good game.  It has its bug but it's playable and enjoyable.  WarZ is crappy rip off of it.  Screw that, I'll be playing the Arma mod until the official release of DayZ by the folks that made Arma.
  • barrett67barrett67 Member Posts: 4
    Gamestop is still selling the game. I knew that this was coming, for The War z !!! First off, they took the idea from DayZ and ran with it. It takes a real Man, Person, or what ever they call them self. To Admit on what they did. far as taking someone else work and saying that they came up with it on their own. Now Paramount Pictures is taking them to court as well. What goes around comes around.