Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wrote a thing

2»

Comments

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

More goon 

Propaganda

again

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by tom_gore

It's Harden the F up or HTFU, get your terms right ;)

The goons that came originally to banish BoB have become BoB themselves or even worse. I highly doubt BoB took that as a joke then and I highly doubt the Goons would take it now. They pretend they would, but considering how much time they have invested in building their "empire"... yeah I don't think so.

And no, I'm not involved in nullsec myself. Too little time to get anything done there and too much drama for the aforementioned reasons. I don't hate Goonswarm of EVE in particular. I hate their "charter" and the "values" they represent, no matter the game.

Doh! yeah yeah. :P

Last I checked, Goons didn't have a BBQ where 'pets' were not permitted to enter the house and had to be confined in pre-established tent areas.

It is always easy to hate on Goons but it always puzzled me why being successful in EVE made you hated.

Shouldn't people want to be like Goons and try to be better?

Or are you 'hating' cause you can't put in the effort but are jealous of its success?

If the 'tears' = hate, then you must hate every player in EVE except 'Eve-Uni'.

You don't obviously get it, but I'll try once more. I don't hate Goons as the entity in EVE. I hate the "values" they represent, which is trying to have fun at the expense of others. This is their "charter", it's what they strive for. How they actually pursue that charter and how much of this still remains, I don't know as I haven't been in any major contact with them in ages.

Maybe it's just me, but my "charter" would be to have fun while others are also having fun. Yeah I know, I must be weird like that.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

You don't obviously get it, but I'll try once more. I don't hate Goons as the entity in EVE. I hate the "values" they represent, which is trying to have fun at the expense of others. This is their "charter", it's what they strive for. How they actually pursue that charter and how much of this still remains, I don't know as I haven't been in any major contact with them in ages.

Maybe it's just me, but my "charter" would be to have fun while others are also having fun. Yeah I know, I must be weird like that.

I assumed you are an EVE player which has that charter 'gimmie tears!' as a given.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by jpnz

I assumed you are an EVE player which has that charter 'gimmie tears!' as a given.

Well yes. There is one thing I can say for Goons and it's that they're at least honest in their charter :D

And yes, I am an EVE player but believe or not, there is a way to play EVE (and even PvP) without pissing off other players. Maybe it's the "wrong" way, but that's the way I play :D

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    RvB is a simple way to pvp without pissing people off. Except ofc in ganked nights. I've seen a lot of null folk pissed off because of those alcohol fueled roams :-P

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Give me liberty or give me lasers