Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Quick Question

About Player Housing - 

I enjoy player housing in Vanguard/Everquest 2 was wondering if FF14 ARR is going to have this feature? 

Comments

• EnsiferEnsifer Oak Lawn, ILPosts: 41Member

• Instanced Housing System (3 sizes, small, medium, large. Medium and Large cost high amounts of gil.) – Need to read more on this. Comprehensive Info.

Only information I have seen thus far.

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member
    I believe it's going to be similar to the planned housing system for dragon quest X.  So instanced but not in the normal sense.  Your instance will contain your house and the houses of many others making something akin to a small neighborhood.  Should be some basic house look/design options along with a small yard. 
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    I wish you can have real neighbors or maybe a guild mansion....

• zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

You will.

• MethiosMethios Brandywine, MDPosts: 157Member
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

guild mansion would be a cool concept

• ozerinxozerinx Irvine, CAPosts: 199Member

has any of these things been confirmed?

if the instance is a world with everyones' houses and guild houses that would be totally cool but if it is instance like EQ2 then it is meh... 

• AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member

The concept is akin to LOTROs housing neighbourhoods, but without the fail 'hook' system, so there are basically instances that contain a certain number and variety of houses.

It's been confirmed that crafters can build and upgrade parts of the house as well, with YoshiP giving an example of crafting a new style of roof through the efforts of multiple players.

It seems there's a focus on making housing a social feature as the larger houses are designed to be too expensive for a single player to maintain and customising them seems to require help from multiple players.

• Hamger8Hamger8 College Point, NYPosts: 78Member
    There is 3 instances Uldah LL and Gridania when u enter your gonna see all the players houses/ Guild homes etc. So basically u enter a different street and u see all the player houses and what not. You can build a chocobo farm and raise  chocobos hopefully if ur lucky u might get the colored chocobo raise them as pet to kill mobs and mount. You can redecorate put trothy people can come in relax play etc.
  • ozerinxozerinx Irvine, CAPosts: 199Member
    thats cool have they announced the price of a basic housing unit for individual players or the ones for guilds? 
  • KaranosKaranos HartlepoolPosts: 11Member
    Originally posted by ozerinx
    thats cool have they announced the price of a basic housing unit for individual players or the ones for guilds? 

I don't have a quote handy but Yoshi-P said it would cost every single piece of gil you earn from questing from 1 to max level [presumably with 1 class] for the cheapest housing...if you don't spend anything, ever.

• DivinefairyDivinefairy Toronto, ONPosts: 66Member
    Sounds like a alot, but that is likely rather cheap after finding a few or creating a few desirable items.

• AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member
    Originally posted by Divinefairy
    Sounds like a alot, but that is likely rather cheap after finding a few or creating a few desirable items.

It's enough to make it feel important, and make getting a house feel like an achievement, but also realistic enough for most people to afford one if they level multiple jobs. The two larger sizes cost several times that amount though, so guild halls are going to be a real status symbol.