Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR Z - Valve revokes it from Steam (money back)

For those who purchased War Z on Steam ( and are not satisfied )

- http://www.fpsguru.com/article/2955/Valve-Revokes-The-War-Z-From-Steam.html -

'nuff said about the game itself i guess.Stay away ! image

Comments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    They've made it more than clear that it's an alpha test.  People made the purchase with that awareness.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    They've made it more than clear that it's an alpha test.  People made the purchase with that awareness.

This is not true.

If you had steam and looked at the write-up about the key-features, it was very misleading.  Another post has been made on this subject so I am not going to list all what was promised, but needless to say, on the steam site it did not say it was a beta game, and it claimed to have a lot features that are not currently working.  It never said that these things were in the process of being implimented.

I was going to buy it after reading the steam write-up on it, but luckily I went to the forums and read how misleading the write-up is and decided not to purchase it.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Ok well that sounds like a steam communication problem, not a War Z problem.  Steam is right to issue refunds, people shouldn't rage at War Z tho.  I don't like War Z I think it's a lame gankfest, but when I went to purchase it via their site, they made it very clear.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

You can read what the original steam text was here:  http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Also it's an interview with a developer?  I duno, I stole it from another thread on here.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    Ok well that sounds like a steam communication problem, not a War Z problem.  Steam is right to issue refunds, people shouldn't rage at War Z tho.  I don't like War Z I think it's a lame gankfest, but when I went to purchase it via their site, they made it very clear.

It's advertised the same on their own website. It infers that everything they list is in game when much of it hasn't even been written yet.

Faked screen shots, false advertising, bait and switch.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the few hours I did play of the game. It had real potential, but I think they did a crazy cash grab for the Christmas period and it back fired on them.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

not gonna play war z again until they make a few changes to it =3=

it has potential in my eyes but i hate it being a survivor invasion instead of a zombie one ><

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33
    Good riddance. It's games and instances like these that seriously put the integrity of Steam Greenlight at risk. When shovelware like WarZ gets more coverage than the games that deserve to be Greenlit, there's a serious problem.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by frillycheesesteak
    Good riddance. It's games and instances like these that seriously put the integrity of Steam Greenlight at risk. When shovelware like WarZ gets more coverage than the games that deserve to be Greenlit, there's a serious problem.

warz was not greenlit. greenlit suffers from other issues then this kind of junk, it has enough really shitty cheapo knockoff cash grabs that it doesnt need warz to be on greenlit lol. 

as for coverage ya warz got alot but it also caused alot. going by the vocal groups that outright love/hate it. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

AWESOME that steam does pay attention to customer comments. Never thought they'd revoke a game ;-)

BTW, I'm no hater nor a liker. Not my game and never touched it. This comment goes to Steam and it's great support in general!

• frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Reizla

AWESOME that steam does pay attention to customer comments. Never thought they'd revoke a game ;-)

BTW, I'm no hater nor a liker. Not my game and never touched it. This comment goes to Steam and it's great support in general!

This isn't the norm on Steam, it's the exception. I've been a Steam user for several years now and while I generally can't complain about the service, there isn't anything to jump up and down over either.

Now, I wasn't around from the beginning; from when they had some really grievous issues I've only heard about. But as an average consumer who just buys the games I already know I'll like, Steam's an okay-enough service for it to be my primary and preferred method of purchasing, delivering, and launching PC games.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    They should do the same for Miner Wars 2081, which was also nothing like how it was portrayed.  DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE GAME.  I wish I hadn't.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rumours going around now that fake accounts were used to bump it on steam

Starting to look very dodgy
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Total Biscuit sums it up nicely.

40~ minute play through with thoughts and talking about the issues:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

10~ minute follow up rant on what they are doing wrong as developers and why those who blindly defend the game are harming gamers as a whole:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQrhrooSOY

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Check out the RPS review too, very funny.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I think TB is a total noob who sucks at games and that video he made on Warz sucks. That said however the game is so bad, why would you play it when Dayz is not only free but much much better.

Bring on the standalone!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I wonder if getting kicked off of Steam was a shock to them. It does seem like some MMORPG operators operate by a different set of rules from other game developers and I wonder if it's because the can just keep doing it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    This is why Darkfall Unholy Wars was delayed and pushed back on Steam. Else it would have likely suffered the same fate. 
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

40~ minute play through with thoughts and talking about the issues:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

What struck me from that video (other than the fact that I somehow managed to watch the whole painful angushed thing) was the lack of verbs.  Finished or not, I can't for the life of me figure out what the "game" would be when it's done.  A survival game where you can't interact with the environment?  can't harvest anything from the wilderness so charge back into the middle of the infestation in search of any remaining junk food?  Where a club is hard to find in a forest that you have to spend real money at the tiem shop to get one?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Has any other game been kicked off of Steam? Ever?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• leovinousleovinous Member Posts: 38
    wow reading the interview from game spy, they held back no punches

Have you not read the Bible?
    Oh, yeah, yeah... Not all of it. Actually, I'm listening to it on tape.
    Don't tell me how it ends.

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

From the Gamespy interveiw...

Sergey Titov: I'm sure there'll be people who will look into small details and will say "no I was mislead," where in fact they imagined something to themselves without checking details first. I'm sure that Steam have it's refund policies that should handle those situations.

He sounds like an arrogant prick. To the point of delusional, especially since he lays blame on the purchasers.