Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a wolf race in this game?

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

I remember seeing a post on what races will players play and someone made a list of races. I google imaged them all but didnt see a wolf race.

Can someone give me a list of playable races for DFUW?

Comments

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    inb4 "NDA NDA NDA NDA!".
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Shannia

[mod edit]

How is the game?

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
  • ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by funcon

[mod edit]

How is the game?

Hey Fun,

Just so you know, I've been here a while and I am not a fan of Tacos or Aventurine.

I'm an MMORPG fan and all I would like to see is a real developer team own this game instead of the current team.  I think the DFO model has merit.  Unfortunately, I don't feel this is the team to be able to deliver a product worthy of the players time or money.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

[mod edit]

How is the game?

Hey Fun,

Just so you know, I've been here a while and I am not a fan of Tacos or Aventurine.

I'm an MMORPG fan and all I would like to see is a real developer team own this game instead of the current team.  I think the DFO model has merit.  Unfortunately, I don't feel this is the team to be able to deliver a product worthy of the players time or money.

And You think AV devs are not mmorpg fans too? You think activision, EA and others are fans of their product? No matter how long it will take to develope, indie compnay always end up making the best of what the game can become if we're not talking graphics.

Learn about mmo history. UO got brought by EA and ruined by EA because of that trammel thing.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93

I wouldn't call them a wolf race. I'd say they are more of the line just hairy humans. Just like the Orcs are humans with severe skin issues.

TL;DR:

Every race is human EXCEPT one feature. Generally their face.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by Cstahler92

I wouldn't call them a wolf race. I'd say they are more of the line just hairy humans. Just like the Orcs are humans with severe skin issues.

TL;DR:

Pretty much this^^

They don't want to repeat the mistake they made in the orginal Darkfall where Alfar were the best because of tiny hitbox and Marhim were the worst.

So now they are all the same.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Atlan99

TL;DR:

Pretty much this^^

They don't want to repeat the mistake they made in the orginal Darkfall where Alfar were the best because of tiny hitbox and Marhim were the worst.

So now they are all the same.

LOL you thought alfar were the best race in DF1.0??? Hahahahahaha. Please.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

like Star Trek races

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by corpusc

like Star Trek races

Except in star Trek it was more excusable.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    i'm not gonna lie, it's pretty lame....all human with different heads...talk about lazy
  • f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

[mod edit]

How is the game?

Hey Fun,

And You think AV devs are not mmorpg fans too? You think activision, EA and others are fans of their product? No matter how long it will take to develope, indie compnay always end up making the best of what the game can become if we're not talking graphics.

Learn about mmo history. UO got brought by EA and ruined by EA because of that trammel thing.

I think you need to learn your history because UO wasn't bought by EA, it was created by EA. EA acquired Origin in 1992 well before UO was released. Trammel also increased the population of Ulitma Online not the other way around. If anything Trammel helped the game in many ways. When Samurai Empire released the population had a sharpe decrease but Trammel had been around for around 3 years by that time.

History lesson complete.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

[mod edit]

How is the game?

Hey Fun,

I'm a fan of mmorpgs.  However, at least I know that I don't have the game development skills to create such a huge project.  Just because you have an idea, or like a genre, doesn't mean you are going to be good at making that idea into a great part of the genre.  For instance, see the developers of this subforums game.