Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get in the beta now if your interested!

KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
They just released a huge patch hotfixing alot of the bugs/glitches that made the game laggy/unplayable. Seems like we are gonna have a playable beta now granted new problems doesnt arise! :)

Comments

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24
    you speak too soon, we havent even tried the patch yet to see if it has been really fixed
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

That is true a little hasty on my part however if we are to trust the patch notes it should be good to go :)

I'm gonna keep this thread updated and report whether the major bugs have been fixed or not when i get Ingame

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

That is true a little hasty on my part however if we are to trust the patch notes it should be good to go :)

I'm gonna keep this thread updated and report whether the major bugs have been fixed or not when i get Ingame

Who are the patch notes written by?  is it Aventurine?

Also, what is a hotfix?  what is a patch?  is there a difference?

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

Patch notes are the explanation of the changes made in an update, carefully worded by the PR to not reveal potential future exploits before they are repaired.

A hotfix is a patch made with the server online, or a quick solution to a specific problem during a server offline session.

A patch is a larger update that covers multiple problems and may contain multiple hotfixes.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Patch notes are the explanation of the changes made in an update.

A hotfix is a patch made with the server online, or a quick solution to a specific problem during a server offline session.

A patch is a larger update that covers multiple problems and may contain multiple hotfixes.

So with that said, is this a hotfix, or patch?

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Patch notes are the explanation of the changes made in an update.

So with that said, is this a hotfix, or patch?

Based on what the OP has explained, and that it covers multiple problems, it is technically a patch.  This patch is hotfixing multiple issues.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Nope. I just got in and couldn't do anything. The lag was so bad that when I typed in Global it took 3 minutes just for it to show up. Tutorial still doesn't work either.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Tasos, "High pings are due to the downloading, this will improve soon. We'll eventually separate the bandwidth and this will no longer be an issue."

PS:  Save yourselves the trouble and heartache and if you are interested in this game, wait until release.  You can PM me and I will give you the honest truth before you buy anything.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Currently there are alot of lag/server side problems caused by the huge amount of people trying to get in. I would expect this to cool down in the next 2-3 hours though. Good part is that the main causes of fps drops seem to have been eliminated from the game, aswell as characters not logging out properly
  • Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Tasos, "High pings are due to the downloading, this will improve soon. We'll eventually separate the bandwidth and this will no longer be an issue."

PS:  Save yourselves the trouble and heartache and if you are interested in this game, wait until release.  You can PM me and I will give you the honest truth before you buy anything.

Yeah I'm considering disputing the charge. 2 days of Beta and so far I've gotten 5 minutes of play time.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    I'd totaly try this game out if I didnt have the pay, but as it is, no thanks

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Kalafax
    I'd totaly try this game out if I didnt have the pay, but as it is, no thanks

If AV can work this shit out (big if), then it will be worth every penny.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

As it is I see no right to really complain.  Beta is a perk for pre ordering, if you were going to buy at launch anyway.  What is the difference?  Give em time.

And no I have never played darkfall before this.  This is the first time im delving into the darkfall franchise

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

As it is I see no right to really complain.  Beta is a perk for pre ordering, if you were going to buy at launch anyway.  What is the difference?  Give em time.

And no I have never played darkfall before this.  This is the first time im delving into the darkfall franchise

We have no right to complain about a game that was set to release a month ago, being in the state it is.

Ok.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    trust and Aventurine in the same sentence?  LoL
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Atlan99

We have no right to complain about a game that was set to release a month ago, being in the state it is.

Ok.

Yawn, they clearly decided not to release because there are issues to be resolved. When you preordered there was no launch date but they let you in to beta for free.

So no there is no right to complain. Game hasn't launched. You paid for launch.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Ok.

launch date was delayed. You didn't pay for a game that was supposed to be done, you paid for one that will be done in the future..

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Its not that I dont think its worth it, I bought DF1 and had plenty of fun untill I ran into the gankfest, but I dont have anything but 2 dollars to my name, and even if I had the money I wouldnt pay to beta or even buy it right at launch when it comes to an AV game, it always takes them a while to get things Ironed out, and its generally a waste of money untill they do.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Ok.

Yawn, they clearly decided not to release because there are issues to be resolved. When you preordered there was no launch date but they let you in to beta for free.

Everyone has a "right" to complain if they feel slighted.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and sometimes, yes, it differs from yours.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Ok.

Yawn, according to AV it just  needed some polishing before going on steam. Obviously nt the case as the game is way beyond needing just some polishing.