Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

123457»

Comments

• taascanotaascano Member UncommonPosts: 3

First choice, far and above anything else:  Earth and Beyond; a fantastic and innovative game that just needed some actual support instead of the lipservice EA gave it.

I'd consider SWG, but if and only if we are talking about the Pre-CU version; anything after the NGE is NOT SWG, or even an MMORPG; it was a FPS abomination masquerading as SWG.

Third choice:  City of Heroes; an amazing game that was nowhere near its end of life when NCSoft pulled the plug.

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

Agree. Failed ones may be to harsh. I would use the term dated.

I like new games. I played the CRAP out of EQ1, but with the exception of a week every couple of years, I don't see myself playing it again for any length of time.

SWG was a great game, I played it for a while, but I wouldn't play it even if it were free now.  Games evolve, they get better. I played alot of Pitfall in the 80's, but give me Skyrim anyday.

• Alexis2012Alexis2012 Member Posts: 1
    City of Heroes.  AND the Studio that  kept it going: Paragon Studios.   A game and game developer studio callously thrown overboard in the name of  NCSoft grindfest "new company focus and direction" .
  • MaHaBoneMaHaBone Member Posts: 13
    City of Heroes, far and away.  The only game where I got to make MY characters living out MY stories instead of borrowing someone elses.
  • cmats4020cmats4020 Member Posts: 1
    I made an account just to vote for CoX! City of Heros was the first real MMORPG I've ever played. I started playing that game when I was seven years old, and now to see it shut-down at age sixteen is just a nightmare. NCSoft needs to sell it, or at least create their already trademarked CoH2, otherwise I'm not buying or paying NCS another dime.
  • DrCokePepsiDrCokePepsi Member UncommonPosts: 177
    haha asherons call 2 would be a godsend xD, but in all seriousness SWG coming back would be amasing as well both ac2 and swg existing would make a heavnly scene

Never fear, your dream MMO will be here....
    just give me a decade or two to finely hone my Game development
    and design abilities as well as start a Game Design Studio.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • DrCokePepsiDrCokePepsi Member UncommonPosts: 177
    emahgerd AC2 IS back vote on SWG! lol but yea if ac2 was gone i would vote for ac2

Never fear, your dream MMO will be here....
    just give me a decade or two to finely hone my Game development
    and design abilities as well as start a Game Design Studio.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Asheron's Call 2 doesn't need to be on that list since they already brought it back...

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    I would like to see SWG return in it's Pre-CU version but, I would want also all the content that was developed post-NGE till the end . Despite Pre-Cu being the best version for its skill based system and 32 professions the game was extremely low on content , if somehow post NGE content with Pre-Cu content could be merged I would jump on it in a second otherwise its time to let it pass, cause the Repopulation will be the successor to SWG.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by firefly2003

Asheron's Call 2 doesn't need to be on that list since they already brought it back...

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

Yes I know.

I still listed it because, even though it is back, I wanted to see how many votes it would get.

Not many it seems

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I voted for Shadowbane, because - despite its various issues - it was a very fun PvP MMO to get into. Great character development and very raw action.

I was kinda bummed when it went offline.

• Blue_PulsarBlue_Pulsar Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by JYCowboy

The one thing that folks here hate about SWG is the NGE and can't believe there was anymore to the game.  It was a festering mortal wound to the game.  COH never had that deep of a cut out side the PVP nerf.

Yeah, the PvP nerf was nastier than a møøse byte. But, in all fairness, they nerfed EVERY power and powerset early on in the game, and everyone cried and some even quit. Then they pretty much did the exact same thing again with ED (enhancement diversification), and some of those in the company (NCSlut or Cryptic, can't remember which it was at the time), even admitted that it was a mistake. (And as a sidenote, the game survived.)

However, they (Paragon Studios) eventually fixed the issue by re-tweaking the powers, adding the Invention System and all the good sets, then making all the great Purple sets, then the PvP sets, and finally... the most awesome part... Incarnates. I mean, nothing makes a guy/gal feel more like they are playing a real superhero than playing a well built, well IOed, and Incarnated character.

Not to mention something unheard of in the MMO world. Architect Entertainment. I mean, with almost everything at your disposal that the developers had, you could make your missions and post them for others to play.

There was seriously never a dull moment in the game. Wanna grind? Farm? PL? Lock a lowbie at level 12? PvP at any level? Supergroups? Missions? Raids? Badges? Team? Solo? Change factions? Chat/hang with friends? There was really nothing in another game that you could not do in CoH/CoV. Then there was Zombie invasions, Rikti invasions, Holloween event, Holiday event...  The game was downright incredible.

Okay, I'm going to climb down off my soapbox now.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

So you like future failed games

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I want to see star wars galaxy because I never got to play it (was always turned off by the fact that people said it was dying). However the uproar after it closed got me interested
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Earth and Beyond!
  • gutshotttgutshottt Member Posts: 4

Wouldnt mind an updated Motor World Online

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I am dabbling in AC2 right now... However, it is still just so-so when I put it up against AC1.

I would like SWG - CU or Pre-CU are both fine with me. I miss the crafting, the social classes, the housing and community features of that game... Alot.