Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Isn't that bad!

velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
So i was expecting the worse! Super grindy game, boring combat, and horrible gameplay in general. To be honest, i didn't get any of that. The story was pretty amazing, one of my favorite aspects of the game, the combat wasn't anything new, but still enjoyable. I really liked the PVP especially Huttball, that's probably the best PVP map I've played, and the PVP is pretty balanced. The dungeons were cool since they were Star Wars themed and i liked how all classes got a knockback and stun skill, balances the PVP out very well.  So overall, dont let other players freak you out, the game is great and the RESTRICTION for F2P arn't that bad, at least 1-50.

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

If you have not played it before, the game really is not that bad.

The thing is though, we have been there, done that, bought the T shirt. There is nothing left to enjoy and do. Content is slow coming, and not enough, and then when there is, you have to pay for it

See you in our club in a few months!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    SW:TOR is great till you hit max level and finish all the end game content in a couple weeks after  with 2 or more alts.Then there is nothing to hold you.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    SW:TOR is great till you hit max level and finish all the end game content in a couple weeks after  with 2 or more alts.Then there is nothing to hold you.

mmm,  so i need a couple of weeks to get my full set of dread guard and elite war hero, interesting. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yes it is
    Originally posted by hikaru77

mmm,  so i need a couple of weeks to get my full set of dread guard and elite war hero, interesting. 

nope you need longer to grind that out fromt he token syastem but you'll of seen all the end game content way before that,,,there's nto a lot of it and it's not that hard PvE wise,world PvP is a joke ...it's onyol saving grace is a coupe of interersting warzones.

nope you need longer to grind that out fromt he token syastem but you'll of seen all the end game content way before that,,,there's nto a lot of it and it's not that hard PvE wise,world PvP is a joke ...it's onyol saving grace is a coupe of interersting warzones.

Maybe u know a game with endless endgame content, but so far all the MMO in the market are like that. well GW2 dont even have an endgame, but pretty much everything have the same endgame content that swtor.

Maybe u know a game with endless endgame content, but so far all the MMO in the market are like that. well GW2 dont even have an endgame, but pretty much everything have the same endgame content that swtor.

Rift,WoW,TSW and LotRO amongst others all had longer end games at this stage and have better content releases than SW:ToR.Bioware can claim more content releases but the actual cotnent int hose releases were bite size and not particularaly challenging.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    SWTOR isnt that good either

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Theme parks get boring after you've already worn out the rides.
  • gatogrottogatogrotto Member Posts: 2

I can think of 1 FFXI has TONS of endgame content, that will take you a year or so to finish all of it

• AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17
    It's not bad, it's not what everyone wanted it to be. This tends to be a common trend these days. People aren't happy with one thing or another then it becomes a bashing session for months. I've come to the conclusion that no mmo will ever be close enough to perfect or make a decent fraction of any gaming site community happy. 
  • joonkp1976joonkp1976 Member Posts: 93
      20.5 GBs at the current time minus all the voice actings and space combat.  Whereas Archeage OBT in south korea's client is 17.3 GBs before any expansion.  I at first was amazed at SWTOR's size and movies but it is another ugly WOW clone game at reality.  I still play it once in a while to get a breeze from other games although not for long.  They really need something like Ultimate Classes which the advanced classes turn into.  I posted that idea at the SWTOR forum before the launch but they need to do something of that sort to keep the current players and if to attract more players.  Anyways this is my opinion.  Cheers and 'Happy' gaming, folks~!

Rift,WoW,TSW and LotRO amongst others all had longer end games at this stage and have better content releases than SW:ToR.Bioware can claim more content releases but the actual cotnent int hose releases were bite size and not particularaly challenging.

I wonder why swtor have more subs and active player than all those MMOs but WoW, and rift and lotro have more years running than swtor by the way. 

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by velmax
    So i was expecting the worse! Super grindy game, boring combat, and horrible gameplay in general. To be honest, i didn't get any of that. The story was pretty amazing, one of my favorite aspects of the game, the combat wasn't anything new, but still enjoyable. I really liked the PVP especially Huttball, that's probably the best PVP map I've played, and the PVP is pretty balanced. The dungeons were cool since they were Star Wars themed and i liked how all classes got a knockback and stun skill, balances the PVP out very well.  So overall, dont let other players freak you out, the game is great and the RESTRICTION for F2P arn't that bad, at least 1-50.

Good on you mate, glad to see you enjoy the game and are having fun, Don't listen to the rest of the dead beats who are just pissed off because SWTOR wasn't made to there exact styles. 

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76

Agreed 100% most of those who go on every single post about TOR and bash it dont even play. So I wouldnt listen to most on sites like this. They have one purpose and its to spread inaccurate facts about a pretty good game.
  • william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

I wonder why swtor have more subs and active player than all those MMOs but WoW, and rift and lotro have more years running than swtor by the way. 

Cause it's newer and they keep putting new patches on their leaks to stay afloat. They dished out tons of free time to keep the player base over 2 million. When the free time ran out, the subs plummeted to somewhere between 1 million and 500k, so they went free to play, to try and keep over 500k subs. Let's see where they stand after that last stand gimmick runs out and they still haven't fixed anything. Once they fall below 500k(the minimum number they cited needing to stay profitable), what will they offer? Maybe bioware employees will mow your yard once a month if you stay subbed. 

Edit-NM, if forgot, bioware was fired, maybe EA exec's will mow my yard to play their game

Originally posted by william0532

Cause it's newer and they keep putting new patches on their leaks to stay afloat. They dished out tons of free time to keep the player base over 2 million. When the free time ran out, the subs plummeted to somewhere between 1 million and 500k, so they went free to play, to try and keep over 500k subs. Let's see where they stand after that last stand gimmick runs out and they still haven't fixed anything. Once they fall below 500k(the minimum number they cited needing to stay profitable), what will they offer? Maybe bioware employees will mow your yard once a month if you stay subbed. 

Edit-NM, if forgot, bioware was fired, maybe EA exec's will mow my yard to play their game

Would love some examples of what your talking about. Maybe some facts or links because the gimmicks of copy/pasting other haters post is kind of getting old. I understand you guys are running out of stuff. How did things like they will never get an expansion, never get a level cap, never add on to the story go for you guys?
  • mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by MyBoot

Good on you mate, glad to see you enjoy the game and are having fun, Don't listen to the rest of the dead beats who are just pissed off because SWTOR wasn't made to there exact styles. 

If we were to get actual sub numbers right now. I guarantee Rift would have more and wouldnt be surprised if LOTRO had about the same if not more. SWTOR sold 2 million copies at launch and was down to 500k subs at 6 months. After a year I would put SWTOR at maybe 200k subs, and a lot of f2p accounts. 6 months from now the f2p accounts wont be that many with how terrible of a f2p they offer and the subs will probably be around 125k. 

And hopefully the game shuts down a year from now so we can get the Star Wars MMO we deserve.

Originally posted by mcburly

If we were to get actual sub numbers right now. I guarantee Rift would have more and wouldnt be surprised if LOTRO had about the same if not more. SWTOR sold 2 million copies at launch and was down to 500k subs at 6 months. After a year I would put SWTOR at maybe 200k subs, and a lot of f2p accounts. 6 months from now the f2p accounts wont be that many with how terrible of a f2p they offer and the subs will probably be around 125k. 

And hopefully the game shuts down a year from now so we can get the Star Wars MMO we deserve.

Haha too funny buddy. Where do you get your facts? I wish I could pull ignorant crap out of my a$$ like some on here do non-stop. I can't wait to be celebrating the 2nd expansion in a year while those like you will still be pouting and pulling crap out of their a$$
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Ayliar
    It's not bad, it's not what everyone wanted it to be. This tends to be a common trend these days. People aren't happy with one thing or another then it becomes a bashing session for months. I've come to the conclusion that no mmo will ever be close enough to perfect or make a decent fraction of any gaming site community happy. 

Totally agree. I do think that this gaming site is much more negative then the others I follow but accross all of them the trend is the same - no matter what the game there is a vocal audience that will trash it.

And SWTOR is not that bad - I played it for a good three months. I quit because I wanted to play in a world not be a part of a play.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

My Server is packed with people 24/7

Thats what a mmo needs, its the people.

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

The game isn't bad. It's got some rather large shoes to fill given that it's part of the Star Wars Universe and it follows behind  SW:G.

That's two strikes either for or against it off the bat.

It also sets a couple of bars for expectations outside of those that come with any new mmo no matter what.

If the game doesn't measure up to those expectations people are going to complain.  Add into that the amount it cost in production and the statements made by Bioware and how those statements were fulfilled in game and you have a bad set-up.

Had this mmo been from their Mass Effect IP, I think we'd have seen a better result. The W0W playbook would, most likely,  have had to be thrown out to make such a game and the IP isn't as polarizing in general.

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by pioneer08

Haha too funny buddy. Where do you get your facts? I wish I could pull ignorant crap out of my a$$ like some on here do non-stop. I can't wait to be celebrating the 2nd expansion in a year while those like you will still be pouting and pulling crap out of their a$$

uhm, my facts came from EA's investor meetings where they have to give factual data on how successful their game properties are. So theres that.

P.S. Congrats on paying for an expansion that comes out in spring that was originally suppose to release around this time as a content update...for free.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    huttball is an abomination and the game really gets old after level 20.  Forget making it to 50.  The story and 'choices' are boring.

Originally posted by pioneer08

uhm, my facts came from EA's investor meetings where they have to give factual data on how successful their game properties are. So theres that.

P.S. Congrats on paying for an expansion that comes out in spring that was originally suppose to release around this time as a content update...for free.

Too bad their f2p has been a huge success! Please provide a link that says they are below 125k. I have never read any investor meeting stating anything below 500k. So how about that link? Oh wow god forbid things changed, they are adding more than just what your talking about. I know selective reading and missed the part of "more information coming". Ill pay $10 to play new content on a game i enjoy. I guess im fortunate to have a job where I dont need to pout about ten bucks.