Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want SWTOR to fail?

Simple yes or no poll.

With all the hate for this game I was curiouse

and please give your reason for yes or no.

I want it to fail so it sends a message to future devs

not to release unfinished products.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Too late. Cost EA $200-$300 million for development that goes F2P in less than a year...  I think the ship has already sailed on your question.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I don't want to see anyone lose jobs, but I would love to see a better Star Wars MMO. I would like to see Bioware scrap SWTOR and make an open world MMO with sandbox elements, great crafting, housing and a robust space system.
  • KaniverKaniver Member UncommonPosts: 110

I voted no. That said I moved off from this with less than a months invested. A real testament on how to arrogantly waste 100's of millions of dollars and not even know it.

Well the playerbase knew it and....................left, by and large

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

Mickey Mouse is in charge of SWTOR now. You've seen what a bastard he is in South Park, he's all about the money.

There will be no more good star wars mmos.

Blame Mickey Mouse.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You know what I wanna see?  A return to the days of yore when Star Wars games cared MORE about the space than they did about the worlds.

Build me a game from ground up focussing on space and combat.  Then work your way in.  You can design frigates or mon cal cruisers or the star destroyers as your primary hubs and work out.  Heck, having the hubs actually move from system to system... that could be awesome.  After you got solid space then you can build a ground game.

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252

It's pretty sad that anybody would want someone's hard work to fail.  Despite what you think of B/W or EA, SWTOR and any game for that matter is some serious hard work by not just the companys but a lot of people and it's also there passion. 

To sit there and say I want to see it fail is well I don't even have a word for it.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Of course NOOOOO. It's a great game with even greater potential. Let it get there.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Yes, and the sooner the better.

They shut down SWG so that they could maximize the numer of people playing TOR.   Yes, they said it was because their lease of the IP was up but we all know they were terrified of having two Star Wars MMOs going on at the same time.

The sooner TOR fails and decides to either shut down or dwindle away, the sooner another company can get a chance at the IP.

The game flopped hard.  I really don't care how hard they worked on it, that is their problem....they made a bad game.  Do the right thing and give another company a crack at making a Star Wars MMO.  SWG2 would be a good idea right about now.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Honestly No i dont. Most people greatly under estimate the effect a game going under has and the people it effects. A life shouldnt be ruined because you dont like a game.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Picked NO, I didn't want swtor to fail.

But!!!! I have to admit it did though!    It turned out to be a pile of crap...

:)

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I voted No.

Haters gonna hate.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Wow, swtor is not my cup of tea, but I had to vote no, why would I want something that other's might like to go out of business? I didn't expect many people to actually vote yes lol, guess I was way off.
  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I don't want to see anyone lose jobs, but I would love to see a better Star Wars MMO. I would like to see Bioware scrap SWTOR and make an open world MMO with sandbox elements, great crafting, housing and a robust space system.

I would agree with this, except that I wouldn't want "Bioware" to touch Star Wars anymore, since the Bioware we knew no longer exists.

Now that Disney owns  Star Wars, I wouldn't expect much in the way of creativity and open worlds. It will be commercialized as much as it possibly can be from here on out -- even more than it has been till now, if you can imagine that.

Wow, it just occurred to me that Disney does own Star Wars and the only reason we lost SWG was that Lucas Arts didn't renew with Sony.  What a waste.  We could have had both games.  

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Want it to fail? No.

No matter how much I dislike it, others find it good and enjoy it. Not that much of a hater. (although I do find it rather like watching a slow motion train wreck in progress) Overuse of  Voiced questing and nothing special gameplay did it in for me, yet EA is talking about investing another 100M for a fully voiced expansion... to each their own.

Besides the last thing we need is to scare off what few investors are left willing to support a MMO. Too many games these last couple years have vastly underperformed and left the market skittish to say the least.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Notice how no one who voted yes ever admits to it.
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Yes.

Becuse at this point in time and with their actions it would beneficial for whole genre if it shuts down.

Oh, and btw. it already failed, now its matter of shutting down or continue on minimum workforce.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It already failed. Yes, I hope it plummets further until it has to close down. Game companies need to know people won't stand for mediocrity anymore and then maybe, just maybe, we'll get some decent mmorpgs again.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by mikahr

Yes.

Becuse at this point in time and with their actions it would beneficial for whole genre if it shuts down.

Oh, and btw. it already failed, now its matter of shutting down or continue on minimum workforce.

^---- This.

I voted yes as well.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Yes.

I was trying to understand the motive as to posts like this, so I went through your forum history and noticed 13+ pages of posts only in these forums. I was expecting to see maybe that you were a fan of some other game. If its already failed, what is the motive of those who only post in one particular forum? What is the interest in only one game that has already failed? I don't get it.

There Is Always Hope!

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by keithian

Yes.

I was trying to understand the motive as to posts like this, so I went through your forum history and noticed 13+ pages of posts only in these forums. I was expecting to see maybe that you were a fan of some other game. If its already failed, what is the motive of those who only post in one particular forum? What is the interest in only one game that has already failed? I don't get it.

Read all posts.

Im sure its somewhere in there.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

No, but it already has.

EA/BW have just given up on the game. They merged servers and went straight to F2P, instead of bringin in content first. F2P did not fix the reason why people quit, but adding in more content would have. They know it, as that is what kept SWG going for 8 years. Whatever opinions people have of SWG, SWG devs / GMs / PEX / Senators /players themselves did far more for SWG than SWTOR devs / staff have done for SWTOR.

If people see the devs constanty working on the game, they will stick around longer. The reason they have not added the content is because they do not want to spend any more money on the game, as they have not made back the money it cost to create the game and are just dragging out the content they have already done, and just trying to get as much money from subbers through the cartel market and now the expansions, for very little effort

Merges and certainly changing to F2P from P2P, is a sign (but not absolute 100% sign) of a dying game, especially when 75% of players quit within a few months from launch.

• AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17

It's still a young game that was half baked to begin with. Their payment model is not  by any means F2P. I don't think it even qualifies as freemium, it's more like greedium. I know the purpose of online games is to generate revenue, but don't call a Big Mac a steak and charge steak prices. Then don't put it in a combo and charge me for every item in that combo at a higher price.

I don't want to see it die or fail. I want to see them change their cartel shop and their subscription model to something more sensible. Content will come with time, fixes will come with time, criticism of it will never go away . The landscape of online games has changed in the last 15 years and the number of unreasonable complaints have over-shadowed viable requests from reasonable consumers.

• MoutonDocileMoutonDocile Member Posts: 17

Why would anyone WANT something to fail? Is it going to make you feel better?

You don't like it? You think it failed? Good for you. But do you want it to fail?

I don't care for SWTOR but I don't want it to fail.

• SkeeSkeeSkeeSkee Member UncommonPosts: 129

Yes I want it to fail as a MMO.

I've played every class, finished all class stories.  It's a WONDERFUL RP game like the KOTORs before, but it's an awful MMO.  And while it's around, there won't be another Star Wars MMO.  So yes, I very much want this game to fail. 

Also their customer service is nothing but crap.  Going on three weeks with an open ticket, and some have been waiting even longer. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Voted no, I don't want to see SW:TOR shutdown.  I'd like to see the game polished up and turned into something worthy of the IP.  Maybe eventually they'll optimize the client a bit.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
This discussion has been closed.