Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Collector's Edition Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with Blizzard Entertainment to give away six copies of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria along with three SIGNED copies of the expansion's Collector's Edition!

Entering the contest is simple. All you need to do is tell us (and/or show us!)  your favorite moment from World of Warcraft. That one moment or accomplishment that just made you go, "Wow!" (Pun intended!)

You can enter in a number of different ways, too!

Simply post your comment (along with a screenshot if you have one) in the comments below.

OR

Follow us and Tweet us your entry at @MMORPGcom and use the hashtag #WoWWoWedMe (ex. #WoWWoWedMe when...). Twitter winners will be contacted via direct message, so don't forget to follow us so we can get in touch with you!

OR

Like our Facebook page and respond to this post with your entry!

We'll pick a grand prize winner and two runners-up from each method of entry. Feel free to enter in all three, but your entries must be different! No additional weight will be given to duplicate entries and you'll only be able to win one prize.

Prizes:

• Grand Prize: One (1) signed Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

• Runners-Up: One (1) standard edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Entries will be accepted between now and Wednesday, December 26. We'll announce our winners on Friday, December, 28.

Comments

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I have 2 favorite moments. The first was when I beat Karazhan for the first time.  It felt like a great sense of accomplishment that I actually completed one of the raids.  I felt that same sense of accomplishments later on when I beat the heroic Naxx raid.  I had been running Naxx a while with my guild and had picked up a lot of great lewt along the way.  When we finally beat it I was like WoW!  That was a lot of fun and feels good to beat another raid.  I finally felt like I was an elite WoW player...plus topping the damage charts with my mage during raids made me feel pretty good.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Vanilla WoW, Crossroads PvP /thread

Steam: Neph

• kinsie21kinsie21 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    The first time I did a 5 man and realize the amount of teamwork needed to finish certain task in game. Soloed my way to 50 and when I did my first instance my mind was blown by how much of the game I was missing.
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    When I was in Ogrimar and saw a bunch of hack bots log in and contort around to spell a gold sellers website in mid air.....

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Burning Crusade raiding and arenas' first days.
    Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • FallingFaynFallingFayn Member Posts: 1

End of BC: raiding the major cities with MASSIVE amounts of people to kill the leaders for the newly introduced achievements.

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/2636/wowscrnshot110808030523.png

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ rubydragon5

that was funny for me also..
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    When I first stepped into the game during the EU release. It was an amazing experience and was the start to years of entertainment, which I will not forget.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• SerapheenSerapheen Member UncommonPosts: 2

Hands down, my favorite questline to date was the Harrison Jones questline in Uldum. Every part of that quest had me squealing with joy and geeking out. Maybe it's because I loved the Indiana Jones movies so much as a kid, but I absolutely loved that questline, and made a point to do it on all of my characters. This is my loc discovering what's inside the Coffer of Promise (I was too enthralled when I did it on my spriest main to remember to take screenshots).

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Doing a guild running of the bulls from Thunderbluff to The front gates of Stormwind.

For those who dont know the running of the bulls is taking a LVL 1 tauren and running though the biggest and scaryest areas you can. FIrst group there got a prize from the guild master.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

On Christmas Day 2008 I stood in Stormwind giving away free gold 500 per person.

I made a list of the people I gave gold to so they couldnt recieve more than one gift.

I gave away 15k that morning and made people very happy.

Also leveling a rogue in vanilla after my son was born, I would have him sleeping in his crib next to me while I leveled.

That rogue is now his rogue, hes 7 years old.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• mattnatemattnate Member UncommonPosts: 7

On November 23rd 2004, World of Warcraft officially opened it's gate for launch.

I remember my twin brother and I logging in for the first time seeing those glowing gates and feeling like a champion entering it's gates for the first time. Throughout our time we have created many bonds and friends.

My moment of complete "WoW" was when logging in for the first time and knowing we were taking a step into a game of wonder and just...wow.

• AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17

My favorite moment in wow was just a silly moment with collision. I was a new player in 05 and a bunch of my buddies were helping me quest in Western Plaguelands. One of my friends was a Orc warrior who decided to show off. He jumped onto a fireplace in one of those half burned down houses and started to dance while everyone took a break.

When it was time to move to the next area he fell in the fireplace and could not get out. We all rolled laughing for ten minutes at the silliness of it all. We tried everything to get him out. In the end we went and got a Mage to port him out. We ported him out and as soon as we did someone had pulled  a world boss to ogrimmar. He was insta killed after his loading screen cleared. We laughed and laughed over our mates poor luck that night. We've gamed together for many of years, but that is a night we will never forget.

• MrPie777MrPie777 Member Posts: 1
    I was doing a Heroic Steamvaults run on my hunter back in BC and we were fighting the first boss, Hydromancer Thespia. Well everyone but myself had died, including my pet, and both myself and the boss had a sliver of health. So she charges me and I hit her with a melee attack (damn deadzone!) and it crits to kill her! The group went nuts and I always regretted not having fraps running :/
  • alysraalysra Member UncommonPosts: 9
    End of WotLK, we managed to kill Lich King as 25men with all the bad luck and server lag. It was one of my best moments, I called my mom and dad while Lich King was around %2. They pretend to be excited  (even tho they dont understand much) for me :) That was hilarious, they were asking "is this Lich King, where are you, which one is that? oh,you are the cow with the tail! :)" That was the moment that my parents were beside me even tho they hate that I was playing WoW. But since it was something that I enjoy most they didnt talk about it much. So I was so happy that day to kill Lich King for the first time with my parents beside me :P
  • AvineyAviney Member Posts: 1
    The most memorable experience in WoW for me was finally downing The Lich King.  We worked on him for a solid 3 months before we were able to kill him.  I'd been waiting since WoW was launched to fight him, so seeing him in game was amazing.
  • wertbekwertbek Member Posts: 1
    when I completed ICC for the first time image
  • warcraft22794warcraft22794 Member Posts: 1

My most meomrable moment would be when I encountered an event by accident. I was just walking into Stormwind Keep minding my own business when Lo'Gosh came running in and starting accusing the noble Katrana Prestor as being Onyxia and out of nowhere she turned into a huge dragon and the knights in the room turned into dragonkin. This was when I had just began playing WoW so I didnt really know what the game was about, but it was definitely the most memorable moment.

• godzillaxp1godzillaxp1 Member Posts: 1
    i have played WOW for a little bit and i want a chance to win this add on
  • GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

One of my favorite moments in World of Warcraft was one of my biggest achievements. I accomplished by finishing the battered hilt quest and had obtained a weapon called Quel'Delar, the Might of Faithful. It was a long, painful quest I've ever encountered and at the end I was mesmerized at the Sunwell in 2010. The feeling was like, "Wow!" Hehe.. Screenshot enclosed below. 

• d1oblod1oblo Member UncommonPosts: 1

My favorite moments in wow, were the massive world pvp battles in silverpine forest. Show up in the location and have Alliance and Horde staring each other down in the hundreds of layers. One person moves forward and the giant battles begin!

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    First time I saw Ragnaros in Molten Core during vanilla.  His intro scene just felt epic back then.  Even more so when most of the server hadn't even started in on MC.
  • kroz318kroz318 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    My favorite moment was the very first time I walked into Orgrimmar as a tauren after a very long run from Mulgore. This was like 4 days after the game just came out and I just couldn't believe how epic it looked.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    One of my favorite moments was being recruited in my friends server first guild and doing BT pre nerf and getting 2 piece tier 6.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

When I first got the game I was torn between getting it or Everquest 2. (they came out a few months apart from one another), I decided to try WoW, since I loved the previous World of Warcraft games. 

I've always loved hearing/reading stories of dwarves and their trials and tribulations and their craftmanship.  So, I was very, very excited when I was able to actually step into the shoes of an actual dwarf (a female one at that).

Playing through the starting area was fun, the Scottish accent had me laughing out loud, but it wasn't until I walked up a hill on a path and saw the entrance to Ironforge that my mouth dropped open.  The entrance was intricate and ornate and just how I pictured how an entrance to a Dwarven city would be, but so much more.  Upon entering the vast Ironforge, my mouth remained on the floor.  I was just enamoured by it all.  It was actually a living, breathing dwarven city.  The stories from my books came alive on my screen.  The thing that made it better....I was now a citizen of this great city that my dwarven brothers had built.

I knew then that I had made the right choice in which game I had chose.

An interesting side-note - I have yet to feel that same feeling upon entering any other cities of any other games I have played.  Ironforge still holds a special place in my MMO heart for the feeling it game me that day.

This discussion has been closed.