Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is NOT removed on Steam - They ran out of keys

TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember Posts: 1,050 Uncommon

Even with the unwanted success of many by those who want to see WarZ fail. It was #1 top seller since it was first put on Steam. They ran out of Steam keys, and had to remove the buy page. HOWEVER, it will be for sale in a few days (estimate).

 

For those who honestly enjoy WarZ and want to see this succeed, or have not bought it yet...be patient for a few days and you'll be able to play this amazing casual zombie survival game. I am very much enjoying it, because it doesn't aim at the hardcore players (which is mostly where the complaints are coming from)...but at the casual players that don't have time to play for long, and want to get things done in an hour or less. This is a great game for that, and it is really cheap to...only 15 dollars.


My Skyrim website (mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 
http://vendayn.wixsite.com/skyrimvendayn


«1

Comments

  • KaeriganKaerigan None Of Your BusinessMember Posts: 689

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam

    “From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

    Again, we apologize any inconvenience.”

    No, they didn't run out of keys. The product was deemed unfinished by Valve.

    <childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

  • aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLMember Posts: 2,167 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam “From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here. Again, we apologize any inconvenience.” No, they didn't run out of keys. The product was deemed unfinished by Valve.

    exactly. looks like someone's trying to do some PR damage control here. worst part is, the lie is so clear. this is a mess and this guy is a con artist.

    "There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

  • OpapanaxOpapanax Rochester, NYMember Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam “From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here. Again, we apologize any inconvenience.” No, they didn't run out of keys. The product was deemed unfinished by Valve.

     Interesting..

    I can't see myself coming within 50 miles of playing this game..

    So many warning signs, blaring everywhere...

    This product is Toxic..

    PM before you report at least or you could just block.

  • fascismfascism marquette, MIMember Posts: 390 Uncommon
    not sure if troll...
  • aspekxaspekx Brandon, FLMember Posts: 2,167 Uncommon
    Originally posted by fascism
    not sure if troll...

    no. i really think its either one of the company's employees or someone affiliated with them. i would guess that similar posts are appearing on other mmo sites right now.

    "There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

  • spookydomspookydom BristolMember Posts: 1,782 Uncommon

    Here is a link to The Escapist telling you how to get your money back from Steam if you bought this and  you are not a happy camper.

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121189-How-to-Get-Your-War-Z-Refund-From-Steam

     

    Just re-posting for any intrested partys.:)

     

    image

  • GiddianGiddian Livonia, MIMember Posts: 415 Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Even with the unwanted success of many by those who want to see WarZ fail.

    I for one Don't want it to Fail. I hope they fix the Issues. I refuse to Buy it as of right now, because it is a PvP Gank fest that has little to do with Zombies. Other issues I am sure will be fixed, but the Gank fest I'm not so sure about.

    image

  • ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIMember Posts: 354

    Valve is currently busy unbanning people from the steam forums that a War Z dev who had moderator capability in his War Z subforum had banned.

    The kewk guy was banning people for rules he added to the subforum, which a Valve employee by tag Al had to clarify and say were not the ones to follow.

    Dozens of threads were deleted, people banned for reasons that are unclear due to kewk's "reason" for banning often filled with typos and such, and now the game has been removed from Steam by Valve.

    When the payment company for War Z threatens to add a customer to a "global blacklist" for trying to get a refund, and later another rep has to apologize and say the first payment rep was wrong, you know something is DAMN wrong here.

     

    The game is a scam.  The company is unethical and unprofessional.  Valve now has to clean up their mess.

  • ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIMember Posts: 354

    And let's be honest.  The OP of this thread didn't post ANYTHING to show that they had run out of steam keys.  I haven't heard a thing about that, but all over gaming, mmorpg, and steam's own forums is information that contradics what the OP here has stated.

     

    In other words, he made up some BS.

  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALMember Posts: 3,021 Uncommon

    I guess steam got  so many complaints, they did not have a choice but to pull the title. From what I read it was you can get a refund if your unhappy, that is almost unheard of on steam.  So yes this is dammage control at it's best. 

     

  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember Posts: 1,050 Uncommon

    Personally, I'm very much enjoying War Z and the servers are packed. 

     

    The information going around on all these sites is false. I was in War Z chat room (and it was posted a couple times on official forums), and Sergey stated a few times they ran out of keys. But, can't find the posts now...all the positive posts are being drowned out by those who think this game is doing bad.

     

    But, if the server browser is anything to go by...the game is very popular, lots of people are playing it. And Sergey stated they ran out of keys, and are in the process of giving more to Valve.


    My Skyrim website (mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 
    http://vendayn.wixsite.com/skyrimvendayn


  • ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIMember Posts: 354
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Personally, I'm very much enjoying War Z and the servers are packed.    The information going around on all these sites is false. I was in War Z chat room (and it was posted a couple times on official forums), and Sergey stated a few times they ran out of keys. But, can't find the posts now...all the positive posts are being drowned out by those who think this game is doing bad.   But, if the server browser is anything to go by...the game is very popular, lots of people are playing it. And Sergey stated they ran out of keys, and are in the process of giving more to Valve.

    Of course they have no Steam Keys to sell.  That is because Steam won't sell this garbage.  Valve doesn't want to associate with fraud.

  • ShanniaShannia Huntingdon, NYMember Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Even with the unwanted success of many by those who want to see WarZ fail. It was #1 top seller since it was first put on Steam. They ran out of Steam keys, and had to remove the buy page. HOWEVER, it will be for sale in a few days (estimate).   For those who honestly enjoy WarZ and want to see this succeed, or have not bought it yet...be patient for a few days and you'll be able to play this amazing casual zombie survival game. I am very much enjoying it, because it doesn't aim at the hardcore players (which is mostly where the complaints are coming from)...but at the casual players that don't have time to play for long, and want to get things done in an hour or less. This is a great game for that, and it is really cheap to...only 15 dollars.

    Sorry sir, you are flat out wrong.  Valve remove it and even apologized to their community.

    http://www.fpsguru.com/article/2955/Valve-Revokes-The-War-Z-From-Steam.html

     

    Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

    "Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

  • tawesstawess LkpgMember Posts: 3,501 Rare
    When it comes to word vs word... Valve rank a bit highter then the WarZ devs right now.

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • ThebigthrillThebigthrill Eastpointe, MIMember Posts: 117 Uncommon
    I almost bought this game , but after reading all this stuff about the devs of this game and having to deal with the horrible customer service in SWTOR I think I will pass, im not even following this game anymore.

    "Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

    Saying invented by me.

  • ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIMember Posts: 354
    Originally posted by tawess
    When it comes to word vs word... Valve rank a bit highter then the WarZ devs right now.

    It reminds me of some famous investment schemes actually.  You know where people hear from outside sources that the person they are investing with is a fraudster, robbing them blind etc, but keep giving him money because he says there will be a payoff.

     

    I mean, who would trust the company that says they pulled the game off their service over the game developers whose game is somehow no longer for sale on the service?

  • tawesstawess LkpgMember Posts: 3,501 Rare

    Seeing how Valve are the ones who stand to loose in taking action... I still side with Valve in this case.

     

    Especially as the dev in question have proved that he do not like to admit failing at comunication. So i do not find it a stretch that he would modify the truth to the people who play his game.

     

    Not saying he is a bad guy, just not a very good game director.

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • TheOtterTheOtter Seattle, WAMember Posts: 45 Uncommon

    It is a well circulated fact that Valve removed this garbage from Steam because it was unfinished. The developers did not adhere to their own "features". It is incredibly rare for Steam to offer refunds like this, which only shows what this game is. Yes, I've played it - played it a good bit - and it is nothing more than a FFA. As a friend of mine said: "WarZ zombies are like trees. If they fall on your head it can hurt but generally they are just scenery."

     

    I don't want to see anyone fail in their projects but the group developing this game isn't helping themselves here.

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 3,039 Uncommon

    Perhaps Valve will be more vigilant in future as i can see someone getting fired for allowing it on Steam in the first place.

    I had been keeping an eye on the game but after all the recent shenannigans it's firmly off my radar.

  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 New York, NYMember Posts: 890 Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

    The information going around on all these sites is false.

     

    Valve issued the following statement:

    From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember Posts: 1,050 Uncommon
    I think part of the problem many have is that the PR from this company is not up to standards. But I like a good game, and if I have fun...that is what counts. Most people just want a charismatic developer/pr person to tell them a game is good for them to have fun with it. Which I think this company focused more on the game, less on the PR...but much of the hate could be because of the not up to standards PR from this company.


    My Skyrim website (mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 
    http://vendayn.wixsite.com/skyrimvendayn


  • robgyorgyrobgyorgy wheeling, ILMember Posts: 105

    im not so sure why ppl call this a scam, that word is kinda harsh. wouldnt gamestop be a scam? u buy a game(if u didnt research/demo play it) u go back to return it and they show u the finger. i mean

    1. i payed 25$ for it when it first went on for sale.

    2. i knew what i was paying for and i still enjoy the fk out of the game

    3. if this was a SCAM id have to be scared for my bank account now wouldnt i?

    that would be the only thing making it a scam. as for the price they charge... no1 is forcing u to buy it. if u did buy it and are unhappy with the way the game is well thats ur problem go qq in ur box for 15$ cause if ur that broke then stop playing games and get a job. my 2cent.

  • GiddianGiddian Livonia, MIMember Posts: 415 Uncommon

    I saw a Video of Gameplay {one person against Zombies} and I was excited to play this. Like a Little kid at Christmas.

    WOW! What a slap in the face. I truely hope some changes are made. I would love to play it, But NOT in the condition it's in now. After reading the interview with Gamespy, I wouldn't trust this game for anything. I am so disapointed.

    image

  • ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIMember Posts: 354
    Originally posted by tawess
    Seeing how Valve are the ones who stand to loose in taking action... I still side with Valve in this case.   Especially as the dev in question have proved that he do not like to admit failing at comunication. So i do not find it a stretch that he would modify the truth to the people who play his game.   Not saying he is a bad guy, just not a very good game director.

    Sorry, I actually agree with you.  Re-reading my previous post I kinda see I didn't make it clear that the last bit was sarcasm.

    Valve is definitely doing what they can to clean up the mess of this War Z developer.

  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 New York, NYMember Posts: 890 Uncommon
    Originally posted by robgyorgy
    im not so sure why ppl call this a scam, that word is kinda harsh. wouldnt gamestop be a scam? u buy a game(if u didnt research/demo play it) u go back to return it and they show u the finger. i mean 1. i payed 25$ for it when it first went on for sale. 2. i knew what i was paying for and i still enjoy the fk out of the game 3. if this was a SCAM id have to be scared for my bank account now wouldnt i? that would be the only thing making it a scam. as for the price they charge... no1 is forcing u to buy it. if u did buy it and are unhappy with the way the game is well thats ur problem go qq in ur box for 15$ cause if ur that broke then stop playing games and get a job. my 2cent.

    Its a scam because the features they advertized weren't in the game. Which means even if you did your research, you wouldn't have gotten what you thought you were getting. That Steam pulled it from the store shows it's not just QQ

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.