Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSpy: Shocking Interview With The War Z Developer

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
So I read this interview and was just completely taken aback and shocked at how arrogant Sergey Titov was in the interview. I was thinking about giving this game a chance for a while but now I am so waiting for the DayZ standalone game. He was just so rude and uncaring towards the playerbase in the interview. I really couldn't believe my eyes the whole time I was reading it. Anyways, here's the link to the interview: http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Smile

Comments

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    WOW! Talk about out touch with reality.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by livespartan
    WOW! Talk about out touch with reality.

I know right?! I don't think I've ever seen a developer talk in such a rude way. It blew my mind because I just didn't understand why he would further want to make it so players hated him even more after the whole Steam thing. I mean you'd think he'd be sucking up big time to his playerbase not acting like a pompous [explicit].

Smile

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

LOL. Holy hell, how is this company in business.

"We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features."

I lol'd so hard when he pushed the fault onto the playerbase instead of them breaking every promise. The fact he said he doesn't feel like apologizing made me lol some more, this is hilarious.

I just noticed he didn't even spell chek information.

Originally posted by CalmOceans

LOL. Holy hell, how is this company in business.

"We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features."

I lol'd so hard when he pushed the fault onto the playerbase instead of them breaking every promise. The fact he said he doesn't feel like apologizing made me lol some more, this is hilarious.

I just noticed he didn't even spell chek information.

And the funny part is he has basically said that the players "misread information" several times now! He's having another interview later with PCgamer so I'll be interested to see if he humbles up at all or he continues to act like an ass.

Smile

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Don't see Gamespy getting another interview with that company any time soon.  LOL

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

Originally posted by Shannia
    Don't see Gamespy getting another interview with that company any time soon.  LOL

Yeah, if it hadn't been over IM there would have for sure been someone there telling him to shut up because he was making such a fool out of himself.

Smile

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Ye I read it yesterday, will never buy from them. I was quite pissed off at his remarks on "up to 100 players, but we limit it to 50 but doesnt mean we can't support it" imagine every company started saying shit like that. 
    Originally posted by Gabby-air
    Ye I read it yesterday, will never buy from them. I was quite pissed off at his remarks on "up to 100 players, but we limit it to 50 but doesnt mean we can't support it" imagine every company started saying shit like that. 

I know! I was really happy with whoever was interviewing him because the person was not afraid to continue pursuing questions that actually mattered to the players. 

Smile

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I know! I was really happy with whoever was interviewing him because the person was not afraid to continue pursuing questions that actually mattered to the players. 

I was  waiting to see how all this stuff shook out, and if the game got any better considering it still in beta.  Now after I read all that, wel lthere is no way in the world I would give them any money. 

Originally posted by erictlewis

I was  waiting to see how all this stuff shook out, and if the game got any better considering it still in beta.  Now after I read all that, wel lthere is no way in the world I would give them any money. 

Yeah, this interview was basically my deciding factor. Waiting for DayZ.

Smile

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Super toxic product right here. I've read more than enough to know not to touch the War Z. The game itself seems to be sorely underdeveloped. While only being a moderation of an already existing game. The developer Sergy or whatever..

Wow this guy is out there, the only thing I can respect is the crass-corporate tone he maintains throughout the interview. Show's me he's a true dirtbag, but at least doesn't try very hard at hiding it.

If only more of the cheat-skate development companies would be as raw and uncarring when trying to defend the blantant misinformation they try to feed us consumers..

These folks are getting more and more bold with the vaporware trash they send out, soon they'll come right to our houses and doors to remove the $20 bucks from our pockets..

WTF, stay away from this game.. and this company.. Hammerpoint Interactive..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Just found this bit of tidbit of information: The  EULA was copy/pasted from League of Legends and tweaked, states that under no circumstances will any sort of refund be forthcoming. Which is completely illegal.

Smile

EDIT: Sorry double-posted by accident.

Smile

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Thats pathetic... But typical of some Dev's I've run across over the last year or two.  Whats even worse is that Steam has been fairly good about dealing with these types of antics, in the past.  Lets see if they get it in gear and deal with it now. 
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/152tbh/warz_patch_unleash_the_true_m%20oneywhoring/

More proof that the developers of WarZ really don't give a crap about their players...

Smile

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Kudos for Gamespy. You don't see companies getting asked the hard questions very often. You usually get bum kissing softball questions asked.

The devs from SWTOR were just as arrogant and annoying as those from Warz too, btw.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Is the reason hes not issuing an apology because he would then be fair game to sue? (admission of fault?)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Nitth

Is the reason hes not issuing an apology because he would then be fair game to sue? (admission of fault?)

He won't admit to being in the wrong while he's making money from this. The whole thing is a total scam to the point that they've now patched the game making you sign a TOS that means you can't get a refund.

The WarZ staff have been banning people on the Steam forum section for the game that says anything negative, ask for refunds etc. Valve are now investigating that too so they'll probably be kicked off there just shortly lol.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Wow, I hope these guys get sued for false advertising. This "PR Rep" should go back to college and look at a different career path.

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79039-War-Z-on-metacritic-tell-us-what-do-you-think-!

Sergey begging people to vote for WarZ because right now it has a 1.1 rating on metacritic. This guy is just digging himself into a bigger hole it seems.

Smile

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79039-War-Z-on-metacritic-tell-us-what-do-you-think-! Sergey begging people to vote for WarZ because right now it has a 1.1 rating on metacritic. This guy is just digging himself into a bigger hole it seems.

Seems like the posters there give him overall support.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

yea they really should keep this guy away from interviews because he is not helping the situation.

However one night when I was playing warz, he joined the server and was having a random candid conversation with the people playing on how to improve the game. I thought that was cool that he was doing that.

Originally posted by Nitth

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79039-War-Z-on-metacritic-tell-us-what-do-you-think-!

Sergey begging people to vote for WarZ because right now it has a 1.1 rating on metacritic. This guy is just digging himself into a bigger hole it seems.

Seems like the posters there give him overall support.

Nah, I saw a lot of mixed stuff going on. A lof people are mixed on the forums over there. I was reading it and a lot of people are giving him flack for the "misreading" thing.

Smile

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

His other game, the lowest rated game on Metacritic, has four times the user rating as War Z. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing

His other game, the lowest rated game on Metacritic, has four times the user rating as War Z. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing

That's really sad considering how bad that game is... The youtube videos that make fun of it are hilarious to watch though.

Smile