Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot Population status

SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484

I know a lot of people are asking if this game is still alive. Well I can tell you that DAoC is still hanging in there. We have probably 3-4k of players on the ywain server still playing in the primtimes. There has been romours of DAoC 2 coming out in the future. I'm sorry to disappoint you but there wont be one.

If you are new to DAoC or you are a returning player I recommend you resub because the PvP is still the best then any other game that is out at the momment. If you haven't been following the Wayback Wednesday twitchTV nite then your missing out on a lot of things in Dark Age of Camelot.

If you have friends playing other games and want to try out Dark Age of Camelot then please get them on the 14 day trial. Click on this link to download http://darkageofcamelot.com/downloads.

If you haven't already seen Albion Avengers guild recruitment message on IGN, Postcount.net, Freddyshouse, etc. Then please feel free to click on the link and you can apply to our guild. We are taking in new and returning players in all the time. http://www.albionavengers.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=378976&TabID=3187238

Also check out this link for Getting started http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQCPIDp5jE

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

DAoC is living in the past. I speculate that a game similar to DAoC wont do well.

Thats my speculation like I made about TESO's game design.

Splitting the game world into tiny PvE isles per faction, and with few joining PvP areas,
    just wont appeal to the new aged generation of MMO gamers. The limited PvE will turn people off, and the population would drop.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

DAoC is living in the past. I speculate that a game similar to DAoC wont do well.

Thats my speculation like I made about TESO's game design.

Splitting the game world into tiny PvE isles per faction, and with few joining PvP areas,
    just wont appeal to the new aged generation of MMO gamers. The limited PvE will turn people off, and the population would drop.

I agree there should be more PvE.

I still think DAoC got the best PvP than any other game right now. I just can't see any game completeing yet on the PvP side. The PvE I can say we've lost that due to EA wanted to base this game more on RvR. I don't think DAoC in the passed yet, We still have a lot of players playing this game even after 10 years. What we do want to see is new fresh blood in the game to get the population up.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Originally posted by Solicfire
    Originally posted by MMOExposed DAoC is living in the past. I speculate that a game similar to DAoC wont do well. Thats my speculation like I made about TESO's game design. Splitting the game world into tiny PvE isles per faction, and with few joining PvP areas, just wont appeal to the new aged generation of MMO gamers. The limited PvE will turn people off, and the population would drop.

I agree there should be more PvE.

I still think DAoC got the best PvP than any other game right now. I just can't see any game completeing yet on the PvP side. The PvE I can say we've lost that due to EA wanted to base this game more on RvR. I don't think DAoC in the passed yet, We still have a lot of players playing this game even after 10 years. What we do want to see is new fresh blood in the game to get the population up.

See: 'Darkfall: Unholy Wars'

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Won't appeal huh...Does that mean it needs a bunch of instances and a story mode?

I really like DAoC, but too many people were running bots, and population fell too much last time I had returned, but think they have it paired down now server wise...So that may not be an issue now.

I like how people are trying to tout some track record of things sucking...I could say everything is going to suck, and be right 99% of the time...The current state of the industry is not too hard to predict.

• SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484

If your meaning macro teams and stuff, they've gone. Mythic got rid of them a few months back and so glade that's happened.  

• jayndsunjayndsun Member Posts: 14
    its too Bot heavy.. Classic servers were fantastic and balanced stil dont know why everyone left to a TOA server... GODS I hate that expansion