Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't look now, but TSW is growing.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

TSW's Xfire numbers are still way down from launch (ranked 16 at launch), but it looks like it's now growing. Since B2P TSW has increased Xfire hours played by 300%. Its ranking had a high of 43 this weekend with triple the amount of users using xfire. 

There still is a long way to go with the pvp content (PvE is rock solid), but this is good news for Funcom and TSW.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

well seeing as i am sure that a lot of people are coming back to check it out... I am not supprised.

The question as always is.. will it stick.

This have been a good conversation

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

since they went BTP everyday I find myself going to the website and reading some thing here and there on the forums and then really contemplating on buying it or not.................uhhhh I cant decide.

If it goes on sale again I will def be buying it. The only reason I ahvent bought yet is because I spent some money on a few games recently that I regret.............and as exciting and fun as TSW looks, I dont want to regret yet another purchase.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Why shouldn't i look? I don't get it.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by drtack1

since they went BTP everyday I find myself going to the website and reading some thing here and there on the forums and then really contemplating on buying it or not.................uhhhh I cant decide.

If it goes on sale again I will def be buying it. The only reason I ahvent bought yet is because I spent some money on a few games recently that I regret.............and as exciting and fun as TSW looks, I dont want to regret yet another purchase.

If you are looking for fresh PvE experience, you wont be dissapointed. If PvP is what your, you'll get a good 2-3 months out of it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Why shouldn't i look? I don't get it.

...image

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

this game does a really really good job telling its story. It really puts you into the mystery. On top of that the game play is fun and dynamic. you need to move and get out of the way of incoming damage. You will fail in the instances if you don't learn to move around. Finally, you can be anything and everything with just your one character. You can learn every weapon and every skill without alts. I have always preferred games with such a high level of open endedness in character development.

It is a good game. The comment I heard over and over again early on following release from people who casually tried it out was that it suprised them in how good a game it was. They were expecting an ok game and it turned out to be more compelling than they expected.

My reaction was the same. I am not a huge mystery / x-files type of fan. That sort of thing is ok but not my primary interest, so I didnt expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

All die, so die well.

• DarkwayDarkway Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I really liked the look of TSW before launch but the high sub and cash shop put me right off the game,it just seemed designed to fail and go FTP right from the word go.The BTP pitch however is very interesting and I will be picking the game up by the end of the month,as long as it's playable it will be worth it's price tag.........been playing SWTOR,hoping it would be a fun casual game to invest in but Bioware/EA have......well......pretty much destroyed my interest,it may be free but they have made playing it hard work..........so yeah,BTP is a good move I think.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Personaly i love the endgame. All your DPS can be one shot and if the Tank misses the interupt on certian abilities its wipe time. Anyone who wants to argue with that, go take a searing brand to the chest in Hell Raised and tell me how much HP you have left.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• droppdropp Member UncommonPosts: 93

I found myself returing to the game after I played it during its launch. back then I didn't feel the game was bad, it just wasn't enough for me to sub. having funcom change the game to B2P made me return, since there's nothing in the market right now to keep me interested.

this game sure has its downsides, but it has a lot of good things going for it. one of the things I like about the game is that it's not an easy game, especially at later areas, so if the game is growing it's gonna make partying a lot easier and thus more fun.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

As mentioned in every Xfire-thread since 1845:

I really cant stand these programs, and cant imagine why anyone would litter up his rack with XFire, Raptor or another one of those crap programs.

Anyway, growth is fine.

Hodor!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

TSW also installs XFire unless you opt out of the install, so it's really not surprising that the numbers are up. They're up on Steam as well, which also isn't surprising.

** edit **
    Or not, seems like TSW's run on Steam was short lived...until the Steam sale starting tomorrow. ;)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I dont have all the information but from what i was reading on the forums last night there is a Bug between Xfire and TSW which makes some accounts not appear in the numbers. Cant conferm it, just going on what i read.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    i think its fantstic seeing so many play this game.has a pve game there is'nt one better..the dungeons are by far the most entertaining i ever played..hopefully people will stick around.at least this game gives you a challenge of the mind and skill.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      B2P was great..since I had already bought it.  Hopefully yall are spending money in teh cash shop.  Im not..but hopefully some of you are :)   Come on now yall..help a cheapskate out 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by lizardbones

TSW also installs XFire unless you opt out of the install, so it's really not surprising that the numbers are up. They're up on Steam as well, which also isn't surprising.

** edit **
    Or not, seems like TSW's run on Steam was short lived...until the Steam sale starting tomorrow. ;)

There is a sale on steam tomorrow? Do you know any of the details. From what I am reading alot of people are enjoying TSW so I decided I am going to pick it up and give it a shot. But if there is a sale on steam tomorror I will wait until tomorrow to make my purchase.

Where could I find out info about a sale on steam for tomorrow?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Now its b2p it doesn't matter if its pvp ain't.great.

You can do what I do, ps2 for pvp, tsw for pve.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Is the live theatre up and running yet?

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Is the live theatre up and running yet?

Yes, the Albion is live, and staged a play last week (The Tell Tale Heart by Poe).  Already talking about adding a movie theater.  Wow.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=63568

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    If it didn't gain popularity from going B2P than Funcom might as well close the doors.  It's a shame that the TSW community has so many bad apples, there are a ton of people that would never try the game just because of the perception shown by it's more vocal members.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

** edit **

I just reinstalled today, from the retail disk, and xFire wasn't part of that at all.

You make me like charity

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    I enjoyed the story but the combat at launch was....off. I dunno what exactly bothered me about it. Have improvements been made to combat?

Originally posted by mcburly
    I enjoyed the story but the combat at launch was....off. I dunno what exactly bothered me about it. Have improvements been made to combat?

I suggest reading through the below site to ensure you understand how abilities and weapons work before judging the combat.  Most likely your deck needs a bit of work -- the combat works well, and you can do anything you want with weapons, but the freedom you get also makes it easy to create a deck that doesn't work as well as it should:

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Ortwig

I suggest reading through the below site to ensure you understand how abilities and weapons work before judging the combat.  Most likely your deck needs a bit of work -- the combat works well, but it's easy to create a deck that doesn't work as well as it should:

I understood how the abilities worked. Never had trouble with the game difficulty or anything. The combat just didnt feel fluid. It seemed to respond slow at times and not in a lag way.

Originally posted by Ortwig

I suggest reading through the below site to ensure you understand how abilities and weapons work before judging the combat.  Most likely your deck needs a bit of work -- the combat works well, but it's easy to create a deck that doesn't work as well as it should:

I understood how the abilities worked. Never had trouble with the game difficulty or anything. The combat just didnt feel fluid. It seemed to respond slow at times and not in a lag way.

Ah okay -- it's been a bit of a puzzle, because when people have complained about combat it's usually either the animations or the ability system.  Yeah, the animations and feel are something they are looking to improve, although I myself don't find them jarring (maybe just used to it?) -- I think it's the time for an ability to execute/gfinish weith a microsecond delay before moving on to the next one selected.  Good to know.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by asmkm22

** edit **

I just reinstalled today, from the retail disk, and xFire wasn't part of that at all.

xfire isn't included with it. I've installed it 2 or 3 times now and each time NOTHING was included.