Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it to return? Is there more?

jbs4lifejbs4life Member Posts: 12
So is there more to do at 80?  The PvP at 80 was fine (WvW/SPvP) I just felt like the PvE end game was a really big let down.  Even the last few zones were kind of meh... Risen everywhere (I just thought fighting a bunch of undead was unorignal) and then just zerging event after event..  Then when I finally hit 80 the dungeons and PvE content after that was lacking.

Can anyone commment or compare/contract the end game of GW2 now versus around release date?

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by jbs4life
    So is there more to do at 80?  The PvP at 80 was fine (WvW/SPvP) I just felt like the PvE end game was a really big let down.  Even the last few zones were kind of meh... Risen everywhere (I just thought fighting a bunch of undead was unorignal) and then just zerging event after event..  Then when I finally hit 80 the dungeons and PvE content after that was lacking.

Can anyone commment or compare/contract the end game of GW2 now versus around release date?

Considering its free to jump into anytime, I really don't see why you don't just jump in yourself to find out.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

Considering its free to jump into anytime, I really don't see why you don't just jump in yourself to find out.

Exactly. What was the point of this thread, again?

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

same idea as many other shitty threads on here, ask a question about returning, in an attempt to get the trolls out.

Log in, look around and if its not for you come back another day and try then. Pointless thread imo

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Because finding all aspects yourself may take hours, while just asking takes a few minutes at most.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    If you're returning, you've already bought the game so it'll cost you nothing to check it out again. No subscriptions, no fees, nothing. Check out the Wintersday activities just for some frivolous fun, especially the jumping puzzle and snowball fights (PvP). It's been a great holiday event so far, and we haven't even seen the Toypocalypse yet!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    If you like the dungeons, you can grind ascended gear by running FotM over and over and over again.  If you don't like the dungeons, they added some island that I have heard primarily negative comments about.  They also added some jumping puzzles if you like the platforming aspect.  I think that pretty much covers it outside the holiday events, one of which is going on right now.  If that doesn't sound at least mildly interesting, then no, it's not worth it to return.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP...I say spend a little time and see if you like what you see.

Me I'm gone until I see news of major a WvW redesign to something that remotely rsembles server vs warfare and not a 24/7 basketball game to see who can score the most points.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by killion81
    If you like the dungeons, you can grind ascended gear by running FotM over and over and over again.  If you don't like the dungeons, they added some island that I have heard primarily negative comments about.  They also added some jumping puzzles if you like the platforming aspect.  I think that pretty much covers it outside the holiday events, one of which is going on right now.  If that doesn't sound at least mildly interesting, then no, it's not worth it to return.

Grind? What grind? Do some even numbers runs above level ten, collect tokens, buy ring. Done. Fractals are simply fun and I for one would do them regardless of the ascended gear. (They'll be adding more fractals to the dungeon soon as well for more variety.)

Grind. Grind is something you're required to do to keep up. This is optional for a purple ring.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    You should never ever ask questions like that on this forum. As for me I'm still doing things at level 80 I did on lower levels. Just because you are level 80 that doesn't mean you can only do lv 80 stuff, that's whats GW2 is all about.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I think he is saying if you dont like pvp then stay away.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Navek

same idea as many other shitty threads on here, ask a question about returning, in an attempt to get the trolls out.

Log in, look around and if its not for you come back another day and try then. Pointless thread imo

Maybe the person got a refund (as I did) and wanted to wait to see if things changed. Not a pointless thread afterall, just clueless people that don't see the big picture wanting to type to look good on the internet.

Move along.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• sintenal84ksintenal84k Member Posts: 17
    It cost effort and time.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

I have mixed feelings....

When the game was in beta, I had tons of fun

When the game released, I played about 80ish hours, total, over a few different characters and got to 46 on a warrior.  I played alongside my cousin most of the time.

We got bored, burned out from the repetative WvW and Pve.

I had a shit ton of fun in that time, and I returned for the halloween thing, played for about 15 mins in constume brawl...went out and tried to explore and whatnot for another 15 or so mins, got bored, logged off.

Logged back in for the wintersday, killed a champion monster, it was fun, logged off.

I can't seem to enjoy it like I did in the beginning, it's just all "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" type stuff.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by odiasuda
    [mod edit]

Someone get this man and the OP some kind of award. lol

• jbs4lifejbs4life Member Posts: 12

It's a simple question, you are the one playing it and has continued playing it - I have been out of the loop.  So - what is new in the game?  Your post was more pointless than anything in this thread.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

It's a simple question, you are the one playing it and has continued playing it - I have been out of the loop.  So - what is new in the game?  Your post was more pointless than anything in this thread.

Fractals of the Mists - repeatable randomised set of 3 mini dungeons that scale up in difficulty the more you complete it

Karka Island / Southsun cove - An extra zone for 80s to farm more loot

Halloween had a dungeon and jumping puzzle

Wintersday has a dungeon, jumping puzzle and bell hero (guitar hero)

Each month has had a signifigant amount of new content from events.

One of the key aspects to GW2 is that the game isn't designed for you to farm for 6 hours a night. While you are able to do that there are no mechanisms which are designed to deliberately waste your time. Anet pretty much says "We understand gamers play different games. We don't want you to only play GW2, we want you to be able to come back in a few months if you're bored and see what there is to see.

Personally yes, each month has gotten me to login. I don't really play outside of the events admittedly and I hate playing the game post 80 because it's just farming. I do like being 80 when monthly events come around because it means i can do anything I want easily.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?