Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR expansion confirmed

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

You really expect me to go through posting history of people here just to satisfy your need? nope thank you. But i guessed you missed all the posts since SWTOR F2P annoucement that SWTOR will never get any update or new content and will be dead  by next year.

So you have nothing.

Thank you!

Its not new content, weve known about it from launch. They havent announced ANY new content that hasnt been in development way before launch, the are just strethcing what they already had and was to be released by end of 2012 to probably end of 2013, maybe longer.

Its no wonder they release miniscule content updates.

No i dont want to go hunting posting history to give you something. Because that is the only way to point you to such posts. By the way all MMOS hold up content to release at later dates. Rift, GW2, TSW etc are few examples.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    Is only adding 5 levels per expansion the cool thing to do now?

LOL  That's the same I thought when I saw it.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Corehaven

Yea but do you have to put the :) emote at the end? 

Its freggin tragic is what it is.  Bioware after the first Mass Effect became my absolute favorite developer.  I enjoyed Baldur's Gate 2 before that, but ME1 just laid it in concrete. 

After the EA acquisition, I paid it no mind at all.  However I immediately found myself disliking almost every game after that.  This dislike turned from mild annoyance to outright dread as the games, for me at least, got steadily worse.  I hate it.  Because I adored Bioware once upon a time.  Of course, I used to think Lindsey Lohan was one hell of a cutie too, and look what happened there.  Best thing I can compare it to. 

I will never forget how incredible I thought Bioware was, but it's been dead to me for about 2 years now.  I've never thought much about Electronic Arts before its Bioware acquisition.  Now I hate them with a seething passion.  They all but killed Bioware, once perhaps the shining star of innovation, brillance, and excellence.  

I'm 31 years old now and have been playing games all my life.  I, like many people, have seen consoles die, game companies close, and wonderfully idealistic games turn into mud because of bad development or what not.  But never in my history as a gamer was there ever a more tragic thing to happen in the industry than EA's acquisition of Bioware. 

Hey, i still have original BG1/2, NWN, ME. Its best to remember BW by those games and just call EA phase - non BW.

Anyway, kickstarter has potential, especially http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Maybe some peeps from old BW start some projects on their own.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Not surprized that the usual haters / fanboys are all over this.

It is $10 for additional content.

Whether that is something you want to pay for that content is up to you.

I personally don't have an issue with $10 as I like SWTOR's story and want to know more.

Christ, I can barely get drinkable coffee at that price.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I too think this is essentially a DLC pack, but if that is how EA see the future of the title so be it.

Borderlands and other similar games use much the same type of DLC model, as does Skyrim so this isn't out of the ordinary at all.

Provided that the conent included in the DLC is "Value for money" it'll sell well I think, so it remains to be seen just how much bang for the buck BioWare can put into this & hint at what will be in future DLC, if this is how they keep the "Story" in the game progressing it could turn out to be a good thing.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by jpnz

I personally don't have an issue with $10 as I like SWTOR's story and want to know more.

Stop making sense.  EA/Bioware will never win no matter what they do.  If the game would have been a reskin of SWG with the same exact boring mechanics and features (yeah I tried to play the game and thought it was boring, sorry fanbois) then those haters would think EA/Bioware were the shiznit.

Yesterday (after the announcement) i spent 40$ for GW2 and 30 Eur on TSW and cacelled sub.

So no, its not about 10$.

And i really dont understand equvivalent of -insert junk food here- in money. Is there some point to it?

And where i live coffee costs 1-1,5$, or even better, i can get 2 months supply if i make my own coffee (which i prefer anyway)

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Yesterday (after the announcement) i spent 40$ for GW2 and 30 Eur on TSW and cnacelled sub.

And i really dont understand equvivalent of in money. Is there some point to it?

And where i live coffee costs 1-1,5$, or even better, i can get 2 months supply if i make my own coffee (which i prefer anyway)

And the point of this post was?

I don't care what people's opinion is regarding the $10 for this piece of content is.

Every person will spend their money in whatever they feel like.

Like I said, I personally don't have an issue with the price tag.

Someone else might or might not, that's irrelevent to me.

I'm one of those 'fancy coffee only' guys so mine is around $8-$11.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76

Not surprized that the usual haters / fanboys are all over this. It is $10 for additional content. Whether that is something you want to pay for that content is up to you. I personally don't have an issue with $10 as I like SWTOR's story and want to know more. Christ, I can barely get drinkable coffee at that price.

Yesterday (after the announcement) i spent 40$ for GW2 and 30 Eur on TSW and cnacelled sub.

And i really dont understand equvivalent of in money. Is there some point to it?

I don't care what people's opinion is regarding the $10 for this piece of content is.

There is no point. You see a lot of people on this site and other like this are in major damage control. You have some who have admitted the only reason they come to TOR post is to push buttoms, flame and so on. They say they cancel their sub but have never subbed. You have those who have said there will never be an expansion, they copy/paste what this expansion has to offer so far and leave out a small part that says more inforation coming. Now we have an expasion now they squirm. You have those who said there will never be added story conten. Well now they are adding story content, but for these same people its still not good enough. You have those who said TOR f2p is a failure and in a week the servers will be empty, well those who play know they are still very healthy and active. When you spend over a year bashing trying to destroy a game and hope it fails then the game turns around a smacks you in the face by continuing to add content continue to add player these people need to find something to whine about.

Oh really? So your first post was just....pointless, according to your own reasons. Nice one.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not really as it won't be a proper expansion, it will be just like the "expansion" bioware made for warhammer, a way to shill loyal customers by forcing them to pay for extra levels.

Will probably also have some dress up as a hutt component.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    When you buy this, keep in mind you are hurting the MMO genre more than you realise.
    Originally posted by karmath
    When you buy this, keep in mind you are hurting the MMO genre more than you realise.

This.

People lack foresight and big picture.

I blame education system that produces drones.

Suddenly instead of paying 15/month (which lost its meaning and is extra just profit), youll be paying 30-50 in "F2P" game rofl

But thats what you get when corporations like EA take over stuff.

Originally posted by Skuz

I too think this is essentially a DLC pack, but iof that is how EA see the future of the title so be it.

Borderlands and other similar games use much the same type of DLC model, as does Skyrim so this isn't out of the ordinary at all.

Provided that the conent included in the DLC is "Value for money" it'll sell well I think, so it remains to be seen just how much bang for the buck BioWare can put into this & hint at what will be in future DLC, if this is how they keep the "Story" in the game progressing it could turn out to be a good thing.

Funny i never paid SUB in those games.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Skuz

I too think this is essentially a DLC pack, but iof that is how EA see the future of the title so be it.

The difference is though that Borderlands 2 and Skyrim do not have a monthly fee AS WELL. Plus it was all stated to be coming before the end of 2012 and as normal content update, which your $15 pays for.

It is good that we are getting the content, but it is nothing new, and to get excited about the delay and actually pay more money for it, is just nuts. If it was new unmentioned content it would be worth getting excited for, but now it is "meh, ok, whatever"

By the time it gets released by about June you would have paid $90 more in monthly fees for it, plus $10. So this content will be like paying $100 and get no more content before then, when should have done. This "expansion" should be in game NOW, with MORE to get by June.

It is just blatantly obvious that EA are now just milking subbers for more money than is necessary, just to get back the money from the game that F2P people or those that quit are not giving them.

Instead of doing a life day event and getting items by playing the game, they put it on the carel market for EVERYONE to buy, is just scummy. The F2P market should only be attractive to F2P players, not subbers, with things like extra slots and DLC like this being able to buy from the market, with your extra CC from subbing, but these things are not on there yet

The game has now turned into a bloated cash cow, for subbers, with little gameplay. Since F2P it is buy this, buy that - PAY PAY PAY, when it should be more like PLAY PLAY PLAY.

I wonder how i am going to sleep at night and look at myself in mirror for spending 10 bucks on entertainment..

Oh the humanity!!

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

I wonder how i am going to sleep at night and look at myself in mirror for spending 10 bucks on entertainment..

Oh the humanity!!

It is more like $100 really (unless you quit and return when it is in), see above post

Oh the humanity!!

And people wonder why most of the world is in 5th year of crisis.

Originally posted by superniceguy

Oh the humanity!!

It is more like $100 really (unless you quit and return when it is in), see above post

People who are going to contnue to sub have no qualms with it . Otherwise they would also stop subbing and move on. I was waiting for new content because there is nothign left me to do. But who am i to question anyones investment in the game they are enjoying? 10 or 100 bucks if people are enjoying it they will pay for it. 

Oh the humanity!!

Yes because of SWTOR...rofl!!!!

Oh the humanity!!

Just proved my point rofl, thanks!

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

"SW:TOR will never get any meaningful content updates"

SW:TOR gets expansion. 

"It's not a proper expansion"

WAY TO CHANGE THE F****** parameters of the argument, guys.

Oh the humanity!!

Just proved my point rofl, thanks!

The point that your obsession with 'SWTOR should fail and burn' is unhealthy? or that you are blaming world(s 5th year of crisis on people spending 10 bucks on something they enjoy and as trivial as a video game?

Which one is it? lol

Someone needs a reality check.

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

"SW:TOR will never get any meaningful content updates"

SW:TOR gets expansion. 

"It's not a proper expansion"

WAY TO CHANGE THE F****** parameters of the argument, guys.

Ha ha ha, THEY THEMSELVES CALLED IT NON-EXPANSION CONTENT UPDATE rofl

I really wonder sometimes if people deserve everything that is served to them by EA lol

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Seriously search the internet for the warhammer "expansion" - vermintudilous horde

That's what you guys are getting
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Not ONE penny will I ever give to this company ever again

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.