Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard: Guilty until proven innocent.

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Yup.. standard procedure for Blizzard. If your account gets hacked and you call them, they give you a few hours to get it straight and then start asking for all kinds of weird IDs.. over the phone... I don't know if that part ever ends because I never sent what they asked for the first time. Maybe it's a "soft" form of perma-ban? It's ironic that they pretend to be strict about security when mpst players know that their biggest profits come from gold farmers.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Dude, just buy a copy of Torchlight 2 and forget about it. :)

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    From what I hear blizzard is shutting down WoW in a year and a half because of all the sueing thats been going on, plus its an old game and blizzard has been guilty and lost every court.

Oh yeah, I hear they are shutting down the internet too. Cell phones will be next to be shut down.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Shenanigans. There's no way in hell Blizzard asked for anyone's  social security number.  

Why would you call us liars? I personally spoke on the phone with them under the same circumstances. Keep in mind, after the hacks, these accounts might have had some extremely illegal stuff happen. The whole reason I found out I was hacked was because my RL brother called me on the phone and asked why I emptied out the guild bank. Like... for the whole guild. He was asking what I was going to do with the stuff and when when I'd be able to return it... when my account had been inactive for 2 months... and my account had an authenticator on it on an android phone which was password protected and rendered dead by the phone company hours after it was lost.

This is the exact stuff that is getting Blizzard sued right now. Why is it that I can have $7000 worth of Steam games on my system and not get hacked, but my WOW account gets hacked like nothing. Yeah, no. Purposely lax security sells authenticators and sells accounts.

Back to the SSN asking. They did it. For real. You don't have to believe me, but you should consider these two facts: #1 I have no reason to lie about it. #2 It's widely verifiable, including one verification by another person in this thread who had the same exact thing happen to him.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

$7000 worth of Steam games

So when/where is the anonymous gamers next meeting?

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

These "hacked account" stories always makes me chuckle, because they want to make you believe that some fella in a basement used his super powers with computers to get inside yours and steal your info.

People, every time you get "hacked", it's your own fault. You have a computer filled with viruses or spyware, you play from a public computer with a keylogger, or you clicked in one of those phising emails that constantly fills our email inbox.

Learning to protect yourself in the Internet it's your own responsability. Sometimes, i think that before owning a computer, people should get a licence, like driving, because they just don't know how to be responsable with it.

To the OP:  had a couple of friends with stolen accounts in WoW, they got everything back in a matter of hours, with zero problems. I guess the experiences about this differs from player to player. Keep trying, i consider the Blizzard support very good.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Shenanigans. There's no way in hell Blizzard asked for anyone's  social security number.  

Why would you call us liars? I personally spoke on the phone with them under the same circumstances. Keep in mind, after the hacks, these accounts might have had some extremely illegal stuff happen. The whole reason I found out I was hacked was because my RL brother called me on the phone and asked why I emptied out the guild bank. Like... for the whole guild. He was asking what I was going to do with the stuff and when when I'd be able to return it... when my account had been inactive for 2 months... and my account had an authenticator on it on an android phone which was password protected and rendered dead by the phone company hours after it was lost.

This is the exact stuff that is getting Blizzard sued right now. Why is it that I can have $7000 worth of Steam games on my system and not get hacked, but my WOW account gets hacked like nothing. Yeah, no. Purposely lax security sells authenticators and sells accounts.

Back to the SSN asking. They did it. For real. You don't have to believe me, but you should consider these two facts: #1 I have no reason to lie about it. #2 It's widely verifiable, including one verification by another person in this thread who had the same exact thing happen to him.

I've difficulty believing anything on the internet and forumposts are no exception to this. In particular if people talk about situations I've experienced myself. I had difficulty with removing my creditcard details from the WoW accountmanagement page and had to contact the Customer Services for assistance. I only had to give my DoB, accountname, my real name and the last few digits of my creditcard that I wanted to remove. Nothing more and nothing less. All information was already present in the acountmanagement page, nothing extra was needed for identification. So yes, I'm also sceptic about the SSN bit, but whatever, my experience with the Customer Services of Blizzard has been good and that's all that matters to me.

About that Steam bit ($ 7000 seems bloody absurd to me,but whatever), it's not as lucrative as you might think. You can't trade or sell the games in that Steamlibrary like you can do with WoW/Diablo 3 gold and items. If it was possible to gift games from your current library to other people, than it would be a different story, but from what I know, that isn't possible. So at most they would've a Steamlibrary with lots of games, that they can quickly lose again, when you take steps to get your account back.

Besides, I can download all the games from Steam and play them illegally, what isn't really possible with either WoW or DIablo 3.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Because it's useless as identification  and you're not required to give it.  I still don't believe you. You must be mistaken.

Blizzard has stated THEY WOULD NEVER ASK for SSN, etc. that was a phishing email pure and simple. If you think that was Blizzard asking for that, you are mistaken.

We are calling you a liar because you are blaming Blizard when you should be blaming yourself. People like to distort the trtuth to blame the big, bad companies. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND INTERNET SECURITY - no one will do it for you.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

I get an email this morning: "Greetings,

After a thorough investigation of your recently reported compromise, it has come to our attention that your ticket was submitted in an attempt to defraud the Game Master Department in order to duplicate gold or other assets. As a result, the Diablo III license attached to this Battle.net Account has been permanently closed.

this is the fishy part: apprently they have 'proof' that you did have access to your 'hacked account' or can proof that it was you and not someone else having access to your account and that you abused the petition system to get a new account for free + reimbursement of your lost gold -so you have twice the gold for free-.

You don't publish proof that this is true or not other then saying it wasn't you, Blizzard won't publish it here so it's really a one-way story and impossible to say if it's all true or not.

This action was taken in keeping with our Diablo III End User License Agreement (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html) and will neither be amended nor removed.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

It doesnt matter what so ever. Your experience with Blizzard is no reflection on the game.

Its like declaring that Spain is a shitty country because you got arrested there once.   It has absoloutly zero to do with anything other than a single experience of which there are a thousands everyday.

a story about poor customer service is just yet another story,  its not even a cool story because there is nothing different or unusual about yours except that you start out by discrediting yourself.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by sadeyx

It doesnt matter what so ever. Your experience with Blizzard is no reflection on the game.

Its like declaring that Spain is a shitty country because you got arrested there once.   It has absoloutly zero to do with anything other than a single experience of which there are a thousands everyday.

a story about poor customer service is just yet another story,  its not even a cool story because there is nothing different or unusual about yours except that you start out by discrediting yourself.

I wonder how players always complain about getitng their accounts hacked?

I never shared my accounts, I never fell for phishing email attempts, don't use those authenticator thingies nor do I click on links ingame, and played virtually every 'major' western mmo titles there have been.

Guess I am just lucky.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

It's a war between Blizzard and the gold sellers.  Occasionally an innocent bystander takes a bullet.

What to does Blizzard say after they shot John Q Public through the head by mistake?  Not much.  It's easier to not admit the mistake than resolve it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.