Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

So I watched a review and it seems decent. I posted about cut scenes and the response is that it actually adds flavor to the game.

I do have a few more questions and cant seem to find them.

The review said that the crafting is interesting, but didnt go into detail. How is the crafting in the game? Can I log in and craft for an hour or two, or is it more of a side thing to do. Can I craft and sell in a auction house type system?

The review said there is a Egyption setting. Is this only for a specific race/faction?

I understand you can use different weapons, but is there a lot of different models for each weapon or is a rifle at the start look like a rifle after playing for 5+ months?

Comments

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by snoop101

So I watched a review and it seems decent. I posted about cut scenes and the response is that it actually adds flavor to the game.

The review said that the crafting is interesting, but didnt go into detail. How is the crafting in the game? Can I log in and craft for an hour or two, or is it more of a side thing to do. Can I craft and sell in a auction house type system?

The review said there is a Egyption setting. Is this only for a specific race/faction?

I understand you can use different weapons, but is there a lot of different models for each weapon or is a rifle at the start look like a rifle after playing for 5+ months?

a) Crafting is not really a part of this game, it is something you do for yourself....and maybe you put together some potions or something for your guild. But there is no crafting skill its just a matter of getting the correct tool kit and looking up the correct way to plug the holes in it and presto you have a weapon/talisman/.gadget whatever.

b) The egypt setting is part of the main story line and you will go through it regardless of faction.

C) there are a wide variety of weapon models. Each dungeon drops its own unique version of each weapon and the crafted ones look different depending on the level of the gear.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Crafting is very much like Minecraft.  You basically break down objects into base materials (of different quality levels), and then assemble those materials into patterns to create new objects.  Talismans, weapons, consumables, signet, glyphs, and gadgets are the craftable types.  Anyone can craft, and there is no skill level in crafting -- you simply do it.  Materials can be stacked in groups of 5 to create better quality mats, and you assemble the new item with toolkits (there are toolkits for each of those types I mentioned, also of quality level 1-10).  Here's a good intro to crafting:

http://www.endgameguides.com/TSW/Crafting/General/171

Egypt is the 2nd region, and it has 2 large zones: The Scorched Desert and The City of the Sun God.  All factions have access to all the zones, and you can group with other factions in the zones, due to the Venice Council truce.  PvP is where the factions fight each other primarily.

There are different looks for the weapons as you encounter them in game, so you can find quite a few different swords, for example.  There are some skins I believe that you can also get and apply to your weapons.  As a further note, clothes and gear are completely separate, with the exception of weapons.  There are no stats associated with clothes, and you can pretty much dress however you want.  Talismans are the gear of the game, and that's where you get your bonuses as you progress.  

The key thing is the ability wheel, though, and that's what really sets the game off.  It's a bit to explain, but basically any character can equip any weapon and any ability.  The key to the game is finding the right combination of abilities within your "deck," the  7 Active and 7 Passive equipped abilities from the wheel.  It's a very flexible system, but it takes a little time to understand how it works.  You can tank, dps, heal, support, and everything in-between, and as you get into the game you will have multiple decks to draw on based on what's needed for the situation.  The sweet thing is that you can create your own unique builds, and it's quite a bit of fun to experiment with combinations of abilities.  Here's a good primer:

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:build-mechanics

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

a) Crafting is not really a part of this game, it is something you do for yourself....and maybe you put together some potions or something for your guild. But there is no crafting skill its just a matter of getting the correct tool kit and looking up the correct way to plug the holes in it and presto you have a weapon/talisman/.gadget whatever.

b) The egypt setting is part of the main story line and you will go through it regardless of faction.

C) there are a wide variety of weapon models. Each dungeon drops its own unique version of each weapon and the crafted ones look different depending on the level of the gear.

^^^^^

The only thing ill add is that you can choose what weapon skin you put on your weapon and can change it any time you want with Casting toolkits you buy with Sequins (Currency you get just for finishing quests)

Edit Riddled with Typos

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I would not look at crafting as anything other than to fill some holes in your gear, and customize some stats, its not something of substance in this game.

There are 3 main quest areas in TSW, Maine, Egypt, and Transylvania.  Each has ~ 3 large questing zones to them.

There are a bunch of weapon skins, the most unique ones come fron the dungeons, and you can reskin weapons with skins from other weapons of the same type.

Originally posted by Derros

I would not look at crafting as anything other than to fill some holes in your gear, and customize some stats, its not something of substance in this game.

There are 3 main quest areas in TSW, Maine, Egypt, and Transylvania.  Each has ~ 3 large questing zones to them.

There are a bunch of weapon skins, the most unique ones come fron the dungeons, and you can reskin weapons with skins from other weapons of the same type.

OH OH OH don't forget Tokyo. its planned to be added in Issue 6

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by Derros

OH OH OH don't forget Tokyo. its planned to be added in Issue 6

Oo, havent heard that, I just came back after leaving soon after release.

Its what im here for. TSW unoffical Spokeswoman.

Because i can.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

You are in every thread, funcom should hire you. 

about the weapons look, i've played  less than 8h and already got 3 different Pistols models. I'm yet in Kingsmouth. 

Originally posted by Elandir90

about the weapons look, i've played  less than 8h and already got 3 different Pistols models. I'm yet in Kingsmouth. 

Funny enough i do it all while playing using the ingame browser too.

Because i can.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by Elandir90

Thats a handful feature as well, more mmos should do it. 

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

One nice thing about crafting in TSW is that you don't need a forge or special place to go - you can actually craft 'on the go', which is really nice if you want to craft a Healing, Damage Resist or other useful Potion/talisman while running a particularly difficult mission - you don't have to pull back to a 'crafting station' or somesuch... if you have the raw materials and the proper toolkit, naturally.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

patching the game as we speak! :3

where you guys playing?

i might go Grim coz my friend is there and he wants me to play as a templar :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

+1 utilisation of ingame tools - promote the game :)

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Yet another thread where I am hearing so many great things about this game. Damn, i'm going to have to get it now, well, after the New Year when I finally get time off work to play it.