Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR expansion confirmed

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by FromHell

lol. just found out it will NOT be possible to purchase with cartel coins, we need to pay with CASH on top?!!

Not cool Bioware, not cool. I've been saving up your stupid coins exactly for that, CONTENT.

First Pay 2 win star ship upgrades, Lifeday without an event, but selling 18$ lifeday speeders? Then this??

Bioware trying to troll me? sorry but enough is enough, you can keep your stuff :-///

sub canceled

I was surprised that you were subbed:) Good luck on your Other MMos journey :)

yeah I've recently got a single month gametime to take "advantage" of Biowares gracious cartel coin offer from my previous three months, just to find out those are worth nothing to spend them on, except a possible content update! WELL SURPRISE! They want CASH for content instead of their own shiny made up currency they handed out as a "reward"! 

each time I think Bioware can't possibly get any lower, they always prove they can!! :-//

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

lol. just found out it will NOT be possible to purchase with cartel coins, we need to pay with CASH on top?!!

Not cool Bioware, not cool. I've been saving up your stupid coins exactly for that, CONTENT.

First Pay 2 win star ship upgrades, Lifeday without an event, but selling 18$ lifeday speeders? Then this??

Bioware trying to troll me? sorry but enough is enough, you can keep your stuff :-///

sub canceled

yeah I've recently got a single month gametime to take "advantage" of Biowares gracious cartel coin offer from my previous three months, just to find out those are worth nothing to spend them on, except a possible content update! WELL SURPRISE! They want CASH for content instead of their own shiny made up currency they handed out as a "reward"! 

each time I think Bioware can't possibly get any lower, they always prove they can!! :-//

Don't worry. Soon after release they will allow to buy it on Cartel Market. I bet on it.

It is my understanding though that most of games (LOTRO and SOE) who offered this option in the past, got rid of it as well. Maybe it's a new industry standard.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

sub canceled

You must also hate SOE then? beause they removed option to buy  expansiosn through bonus SC cash. Their reason.was that they  were incurring loss because of it. And i can understand.

It is business after all. Why do you think FC decided to make FC coins expire after 6 months? but you are still playing TSW aren't you?

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by mcburly
    Originally posted by superniceguy

The price for expansion pack for subscribers is $9.99. It's quite reasonable. I am sure that they are adding many stuff that would not be there if it was coming just as content update. I am very excited. image

As for a price:

I remember paying almost the same money for EQ2 adventure packs:  The Bloodline Chronicles, The Fallen Dynasty etc... and everybody who played EQ2 know how much content it was.  Makeb is huge comparing to that.

I already pre-orderred. Considering 12/21/12 is coming it was a very risky move though image

I would be excited if this expansion contained new material, but we knew this stuff was coming, but not as an expansion. If this was not announced this stuff was imminent anyway and should be in game already, and now have to wait 6 more months and pay for it. So I am not excited about it, just leaves me more frustrated with the game and EA.

First of all it was intened to be free, and because of that it makes the price not reasonable.

How do you know that "original Makeb' was supposed to be exactly the same as "expansion Makeb". In my opinion they decided to beef it up and release as expansion, therefore the delay until Spring. I think these two are two completely different beasts. Until we know more, we should not really make any assumptions.

Wow they really got you hooked lol.

As for the expansion, its a joke. With how bad they are nickle and dimin F2P and then this "expansion" that should be free content anyways..... I am definitely not coming back. DCUO, TSW, and GW2 are what im sticking with and they offer better value.

As a subscriber why would I care about F2P. They are lucky that they can experience for free this great stories in Star Wars Universe. I am totally against giving freebies to anybody. It destroys people and makes us a society of beggars and freeloaders. We have now people who get stuff for free and dare to complain about it. Maybe because I am older then 99.9% of posters here I see things differently.

Sure stick with the other games... and by all means have fun and be happy there. As for me - I do not run to other forums to bash games I no longer play. I appreciate hard work many developers spent trying their best to create great games. It's hard work, and very unrewarding... considering gamers forums.

Anyway, Yes I am hooked and addicted to SWTOR... I love it, enjoy it, having fun, having blast. I wish everybody the same kind of experience in their MMOs.

Cheers

It is one thing to like the game, but to get excited over content knowingly coming which had been mentioned 6 months ago already, and to assume it is going to be anything more an enhanced "expansion makeb" is something else. Until more information is known, it is the same Makeb they have been talking about all year.

They should have done this before doing F2P. Makeb would have gotten people to come back more than F2P would

The $15 monthly fee is plenty enough to cover their hard work. If the content had been in by the end of 2012 as they stated then it would be more worthy. Considering there is a long wait for it they should have given it free, it would have brought more players to the game.

If you like the game so much, you can send them more money if you wish or just buy stuff from the market and give to other players, but do not expect masses of players to do so, and keep game running for a long time. These boneheaded moves by EA is going to kill the game you love faster.

sub canceled

Don't worry. Soon after release they will allow to buy it on Cartel Market. I bet on it.

It is my understanding though that most of games (LOTRO and SOE) who offered this option in the past, got rid of it as well. Maybe it's a new industry standard.

LOTRO still do it, although I think you may have gotten bonuses if preordered with cash.

SOE stopped doing it because they offered double and triple SC from time to time and so people were getting it for 50% or 66% off the full price. They wanted to keep doing the double and triple SC promotions, as they were a success, but did not want the expansions being sold for less than what they were worth, but the SC promotioons was probably a success due to the expansions and monthly subs. They may have allowed you to keep buying expansions with SC if they stopped doing the double or triple SC promotions.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

The price for expansion pack for subscribers is $9.99. It's quite reasonable. I am sure that they are adding many stuff that would not be there if it was coming just as content update. I am very excited. image

As for a price:

I remember paying almost the same money for EQ2 adventure packs:  The Bloodline Chronicles, The Fallen Dynasty etc... and everybody who played EQ2 know how much content it was.  Makeb is huge comparing to that.

I already pre-orderred. Considering 12/21/12 is coming it was a very risky move though image

I would be excited if this expansion contained new material, but we knew this stuff was coming, but not as an expansion. If this was not announced this stuff was imminent anyway and should be in game already, and now have to wait 6 more months and pay for it. So I am not excited about it, just leaves me more frustrated with the game and EA.

First of all it was intened to be free, and because of that it makes the price not reasonable.

How do you know that "original Makeb' was supposed to be exactly the same as "expansion Makeb". In my opinion they decided to beef it up and release as expansion, therefore the delay until Spring. I think these two are two completely different beasts. Until we know more, we should not really make any assumptions.

As for the expansion, its a joke. With how bad they are nickle and dimin F2P and then this "expansion" that should be free content anyways..... I am definitely not coming back. DCUO, TSW, and GW2 are what im sticking with and they offer better value.

As a subscriber why would I care about F2P. They are lucky that they can experience for free this great stories in Star Wars Universe. I am totally against giving freebies to anybody. It destroys people and makes us a society of beggars and freeloaders. We have now people who get stuff for free and dare to complain about it. Maybe because I am older then 99.9% of posters here I see things differently.

Sure stick with the other games... and by all means have fun and be happy there. As for me - I do not run to other forums to bash games I no longer play. I appreciate hard work many developers spent trying their best to create great games. It's hard work, and very unrewarding... considering gamers forums.

Anyway, Yes I am hooked and addicted to SWTOR... I love it, enjoy it, having fun, having blast. I wish everybody the same kind of experience in their MMOs.

Cheers

It is one thing to like the game, but to get excited over content knowingly coming which had been mentioned 6 months ago already, and to assume it is going to be anything more an enhanced "expansion makeb" is something else. Until more information is known, it is the same Makeb they have been talking about all year.

They should have done this before doing F2P. Makeb would have gotten people to come back more than F2P would

The $15 monthly fee is plenty enough to cover their hard work. If the content had been in by the end of 2012 as they stated then it would be more worthy. Considering there is a long wait for it they should have given it free, it would have brought more players to the game.

If you like the game so much, you can send them more money if you wish or just buy stuff from the market and give to other players, but do not expect masses of players to do so, and keep game running for a long time. These boneheaded moves by EA is going to kill the game you love faster.

And I do show my support in every possible way, don't worry about it :) BioWare must love me LOL.

On other note, lets not be so appocaliptic. F2P brought lots of players and many of them subscribed. Yesterday (Monday) on The Ebon Hawk were 4 instances in Balmorra... general chat full of funny comments, no hating or bashing the game. Plenty of folks helping each other and very friendly. Pleasure to be here.

Of course The Ebon Hawk has great community, I can imagine players love it.

And I know for sure that plenty of people already preorderred Makeb. Most of subscribers are actually very happy about incoming expansion. Complains will always be here, we all know about it, but lets be realistic, it's a business. It's not a charity.

Let's judge if this content is worth $9.99 when we have more details, ok?

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by MikeB

Super excited for this! Hopefully it does well so we can look forward to more content along these lines.

I wonder if Cathar will make it out in time for the expansion...

Get the scoop on their 'Super Secret Space Expansion' MikeB

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I was under the impression the original Makeb was going to be two levels and thats it.  Which is about right for a current size Corellia.  Makes me think they are adding more to it.

As for an expansion, maybe not.  But most Xpacs are 30 bucks++.  So we are getting 1/3rd of that?  Seems about even, in relation.  Just would be nice to know a LOT MORE information about what all we are getting...past the 5 levels, skills/abilities, and planet.

As for a price:

Cheers

And I do show my support in every possible way, don't worry about it :) BioWare must love me LOL.

On other note, lets not be so appocaliptic. F2P brought lots of players and many of them subscribed. Yesterday (Monday) on The Ebon Hawk were 4 instances in Balmorra... general chat full of funny comments, no hating or bashing the game. Plenty of folks helping each other and very friendly. Pleasure to be here.

Of course The Ebon Hawk has great community, I can imagine players love it.

And I know for sure that plenty of people already preorderred Makeb. Most of subscribers are actually very happy about incoming expansion. Complains will always be here, we all know about it, but lets be realistic, it's a business. It's not a charity.

Let's judge if this content is worth $9.99 when we have more details, ok?

The game brought 2 million to it,  and they all left a few months later. F2P gave the game a second wind, and without any additional features added to make people stay,  I do not see what will keep these new players with F2P either. makeb will be a nice distraction for a week, at best, but once all done then back in the same boat.

It is a business and a very sloppy one, they keep chopping and changing their minds, and delaying a lot of stuff. They have not a clue what they are doing, and people do not trust them, so do not want to invest money in them. If they released it by the end of 2012, keeping to their word, I would be more willing to pay for the expansion no matter what, now they will probably get nothing.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

sub canceled

You must also hate SOE then? beause they removed option to buy  expansiosn through bonus SC cash. Their reason.was that they  were incurring loss because of it. And i can understand.

It is business after all. Why do you think FC decided to make FC coins expire after 6 months? but you are still playing TSW aren't you?

the BIG difference is the DLC in TSW can be purchased with stipend points and will cost between 5-10$ and there will be an automatic deduction checkbox in the account setting.

With a TSW sub I get points and I can spend points on new CONTENT as well as purely cosmetic fluff and pets.

With a TOR sub I get points and I can spend points on..? gambling boxes? recolored robes? Pay2win star ship upgrades? Oh yeah, but NOT on the freakin' content expansion? WTH?

I'm really not whining about ridiculous 10$ but these business methods @BW are just wrong and sad

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Expansion lawl

If every MMO called every game update "expansion" ahahahhaah

Its a con job by EA.

They took content update (confirmed by JAMES OHLEN PROJECT MANAGER FOR SWTOR WHO SPECIFICALLY SAID NON-EXPANSION) renamed it to "expansion" so it could have a price tag for subs, and slapped 20$ price tag.

1 zone

NO class stories just low quality generic MMO stuff (like rest of the planets with very few exeptions)

not purchesable by CC (its only further milking of subscribers)

And people thought life day "event" was bad. NO more $$ form me, 2 chances, both blown, and they will actually lose subs over this con job.

*oh, and can someone count how many SWTOR standard "expansions" (aka content patches), lets say, WoW or LOTRO had

• urbanosurbanos Member UncommonPosts: 13
    These so called "expansion" looks morel like LOTRO Evendim, Forochel, Enedwaith or  The Great River updates that were free to subscribers than a proper expansion. Another EA fail!
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    As a subscriber who planned on subscribing for many more months, I'm finding their recent approach to patches discouraging and distasteful.

I pay a subscription to fund the development of future content, yet they're going to charge me not only for the "expansion", but also for all the toys they used my subscription to develop, not to mention the extremely light "content" patches.

And who's to say the main storyline won't be 10% of the total content and that that storyline won't be the equivalent of the planetary storyline we know of now, which aren't all that great, with the rest of the 90% of the content being the lame side quests we can't stand in swtor?
  • wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Its a con job by EA.

Did you expect anything else?

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by nate1980
    As a subscriber who planned on subscribing for many more months, I'm finding their recent approach to patches discouraging and distasteful.

I pay a subscription to fund the development of future content, yet they're going to charge me not only for the "expansion", but also for all the toys they used my subscription to develop, not to mention the extremely light "content" patches.

And who's to say the main storyline won't be 10% of the total content and that that storyline won't be the equivalent of the planetary storyline we know of now, which aren't all that great, with the rest of the 90% of the content being the lame side quests we can't stand in swtor?

Makeb will be 100% planetary questlines, and 0% class queslines.  It was confirmed (http://www.darthhater.com/devtracker/topic/86619-story-content-in-the-new-expansion).

quote:

"No class specific storylines are included"

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by urbanos
    These so called "expansion" looks morel like LOTRO Evendim, Forochel, Enedwaith or  The Great River updates that were free to subscribers than a proper expansion. Another EA fail!

Yup, if going by SWTORs standarsds those were all "expansions" lol

Originally posted by wowfan1996
    Its a con job by EA.

Did you expect anything else?

I was being optimistic with 1% for "yes" ;P

Even certain people here call it "expansion" and its obvious its regular renamed content update just to justify the price tag. Vanilla example of con-job, bait&switch...:)

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

WOW..

ONE planet + 5 levels = Expansion?    Are they serious, or is this an early April Fool's joke?   This is no stinking expansion, it's a content patch at most..  Bioware is really getting desperate at the money grab..  I think it's time to put Bioware on my black list of companies to avoid for awhile, until they wake up and smell the coffee..

Originally posted by Rydeson

WOW..

ONE planet + 5 levels = Expansion?    Are they serious, or is this an early April Fool's joke?   This is no stinking expansion, it's a content patch at most..  Bioware is really getting desperate at the money grab..  I think it's time to put Bioware on my black list of companies to avoid for awhile, until they wake up and smell the coffee..

EA has them, theyre gone man....gone never to return :)

So i guess people who were waiting for SWTOR to die in a month or so have to wait for more time now. But hey keep the hope alive!!!!
    So i guess people who were waiting for SWTOR to die in a month or so have to wait for more time now. But hey keep the hope alive!!!!

Who expected it to die in a month or so?

I guess we are not keeping up with the SWTOR hate;)

Nope, point to someone "who was waiting to die in a month or so"

Nope, point to someone "who was waiting to die in a month or so"

You really expect me to go through posting history of people here just to satisfy your need? nope thank you. But i guessed you missed all the posts since SWTOR F2P annoucement that SWTOR will never get any update or new content and will be dead  by next year.

You really expect me to go through posting history of people here just to satisfy your need? nope thank you. But i guessed you missed all the posts since SWTOR F2P annoucement that SWTOR will never get any update or new content and will be dead  by next year.

So you have nothing.

Thank you!

Its not new content, weve known about it from launch. They havent announced ANY new content that hasnt been in development way before launch, the are just strethcing what they already had and was to be released by end of 2012 to probably end of 2013, maybe longer.

Its no wonder they release miniscule content updates (aka glacialware)

Oh and theres vaporware like "SSSP" rofl

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Rydeson

WOW..

EA has them, theyre gone man....gone never to return :)

Yea but do you have to put the :) emote at the end? 

Its freggin tragic is what it is.  Bioware after the first Mass Effect became my absolute favorite developer.  I enjoyed Baldur's Gate 2 before that, but ME1 just laid it in concrete. 

After the EA acquisition, I paid it no mind at all.  However I immediately found myself disliking almost every game after that.  This dislike turned from mild annoyance to outright dread as the games, for me at least, got steadily worse.  I hate it.  Because I adored Bioware once upon a time.  Of course, I used to think Lindsey Lohan was one hell of a cutie too, and look what happened there.  Best thing I can compare it to. 

I will never forget how incredible I thought Bioware was, but it's been dead to me for about 2 years now.  I've never thought much about Electronic Arts before its Bioware acquisition.  Now I hate them with a seething passion.  They all but killed Bioware, once perhaps the shining star of innovation, brillance, and excellence.  

I'm 31 years old now and have been playing games all my life.  I, like many people, have seen consoles die, game companies close, and wonderfully idealistic games turn into mud because of bad development or what not.  But never in my history as a gamer was there ever a more tragic thing to happen in the industry than EA's acquisition of Bioware.