Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is coming back!

HeyTaxiHeyTaxi Member Posts: 3

It looks like our wish has finally been granted! I emailed [email protected] a few days ago and got an email back from Brax (the main developer) himself telling me to keep checking the main site. Well today I took another look at http://www.shadowpool.com/ and there is certainly something new there.

If anyone remembers http://www.shadowpool.com/ only had text written saying "the game has been suspended indefintely" for years. Now the text reads "coming soon..." Looks like a good sign to me! If anyone has or is still a fan of this game's ambitious concepts then now is the time to rebegin or begin supporting it. Let's not let imagination die again!

Comments

• TanamorilTanamoril Member Posts: 8

Ah, this is amazing!  I can't wait to see how they're planning on continuing the project.

• MyzRainMyzRain Member Posts: 43
    I noticed this as well. Very exciting stuff.

---
    What is forgotten is forever immortal.

• RevvRevv Member Posts: 2

I've just came back from a party, ready to sleep when I thought about Guild Wars 2 and how it doesn't revolutionize the MMO scene at all... And then about the mighty Trials of Ascension with all the dreams it carried.... Then I've checked the website as I do once every 6 month...

And that ! THAT ! "Coming Soon"

OMG can't wait to see more.

All Hail Brax !

• TanamorilTanamoril Member Posts: 8
    It's "almost there" guys
  • sarasvatrisarasvatri Member Posts: 2

I did a little digging and found

http://www.trialsofascension.com/forum/

Which isn't functional yet but looks promising...

Near the bottom is an icon that links to a website for "Forged Chaos LLC" which talks a bit about ToA and links back to the "almost there" page. So, no more shadowpool, but it looks like Brax is still heading things.

I'm excited...

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Excuse me if I remain "slightly" sceptical. Been burned too many times.

Also Revv, stop posting so often.

• HeyTaxiHeyTaxi Member Posts: 3
    I just recieved an email from Brax. The website is live! It looks like they are considering a kickstarter if enough buzz is generated. Time to get to work ladies and gentlemen, the ball is in our court.
  • RevvRevv Member Posts: 2
    Yeah you're right, I heavily tried to restrain myself all these years to finally lost control for a vaporware, a few months before the end of the world image
  • GatesGTGatesGT Member Posts: 4

I was definitely surprised when I noticed they were taking another swing at this game.

And yea, I think they did say it was to get ready for their attempt at kickstarter, to see if there are enough people out there interested in this game before they make another attempt at releasing it and its probably a good idea to build up a base rather than just throwing themselves into Kickstarter.

There being more realistic too, if you check the FAQs and forums you see they trimmed a lot of stuff down so they can get a core game.  Sad to see some of the stuff be cut off the board but if they can get the game out then a lot of it will come back in updates.

• seronisseronis Member Posts: 2
    Personally I have nothing against (and even prefer) playing an incomplete game as long as its fun. I dont care how many features they cut out for initial release as long as what IS there is enjoyable in its own right. As long as thats the case then each update after that (following the goals they've clearly stated so its no surprise) would just make things better and better
  • CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454

So, they are doing a kickstarter for a game that was shelved several years ago? I think my skepticism just reached an all time high.

I like surprises though...

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• Gassy_the_GoblinGassy_the_Goblin Member Posts: 16
    Glad to see it back :)
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

This is good news!

These games that give us everything we ever wanted in a MMO always seem to get nerfed in the money dept. Why is that? Its like these game companies have no freaking clue what we want, how is that possible?

Just like star citizen, I hope that game makes it.

• EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67

Holy shit there's developers out there who think the same way I do. This brings me to tears.

It sounds all great and I am excited to see more of the game as soon as possible, what engine are they using?

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    I realy like the concept of this game and the crafting/player structure thing. But to add perma death with so much going for it will only harm them from getting more players. No point ot have all those features only to die and have it all removed. Im a strong believer in death penalty but permadeath is just too much. I can see permadeath in themepark style games, its easy to bounce back. But imagine a crafter, a successful one, with all their items and being known to the public gets killed .......... its over, everything you accomplished i gone. Just dont like that.
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Onomas
    I realy like the concept of this game and the crafting/player structure thing. But to add perma death with so much going for it will only harm them from getting more players. No point ot have all those features only to die and have it all removed. Im a strong believer in death penalty but permadeath is just too much. I can see permadeath in themepark style games, its easy to bounce back. But imagine a crafter, a successful one, with all their items and being known to the public gets killed .......... its over, everything you accomplished i gone. Just dont like that.

It is perma-death, but you have to die 100 times first, that means the poor crafter would have to be brutally camped and beaten repeatedly. 

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar

It is perma-death, but you have to die 100 times first, that means the poor crafter would have to be brutally camped and beaten repeatedly. 

Well that seems much better and will surely try this out. It has many things i enjoy in a real mmorpg. Didnt realy say that on the features list on their home page. So if its 100 deaths then permadeath, that is very reasonable.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar

Well that seems much better and will surely try this out. It has many things i enjoy in a real mmorpg. Didnt realy say that on the features list on their home page. So if its 100 deaths then permadeath, that is very reasonable.

http://trialsofascension.com/news/perks-of-perma-death#.ULoC7YPtQos

Theres the link, quite informative about the whole concept in their game :)

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    This project was really interesting, i'm glad we have some news about it.
  • PsalmsPsalms Member UncommonPosts: 137

This game looks great!

Love the perma-death, love the idea of magic being a difficult path to follow!

• mmohypermmohyper Member Posts: 1
    I really hope their kickstarter campaign is successful. This game would fill a niche that has desperately needed filling. 
  • PsiKahnPsiKahn Member Posts: 126
    So glad this is back on track.  This is the MMO I've always envisionedand I desperately want it to see the light of day.
  • PeskeyPixiePeskeyPixie Member Posts: 24
    I don't think there is a feature I don't like in this game. The more I read the better I like it and the idea of a perma-death over time makes so much sense when you stop and think about it. At first I had a knee-jerk reaction and thought this game was off it's rockers but as I continue to follow it and listen to what the devs say, i am finding myself thinking that Forged Chaos is probably the most innovative (no pun intended) company to put together a game with this many feature that all seem to work well together in creating a very immersive environment while keeping it wide open for different styles of players. This is going to be the first game in the next generation of MMOs.