Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GREAT about GW2

Comments

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Originally posted by eyelolled

8) Buy to Play - This is obvious. There is no burden associated to playing a small amount or taking a break, and makes the game much more accessible to new players.

B2P or P2W. For a singleplayer games they are often separated, but for GW2 they are one and the same.

GW2 is not P2W - if you think that then TSW, Rift, TOR, PS2, etc are ALL P2W. You have no clue what you are saying - just espousing the 'Hater's Line'.

TSW is noway p2w mate, the only items reminding pay2win are the experience boosters recently introduced, while in gw2 a +50% Magic Find boost from the cash shop, or the direct conversion from gems bought through cash and then exchanged to gold to buy gear (even legendaries if you have enough cash) is clearly kittening PAY2WIN.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by cippalippa

8) Buy to Play - This is obvious. There is no burden associated to playing a small amount or taking a break, and makes the game much more accessible to new players.

B2P or P2W. For a singleplayer games they are often separated, but for GW2 they are one and the same.

GW2 is not P2W - if you think that then TSW, Rift, TOR, PS2, etc are ALL P2W. You have no clue what you are saying - just espousing the 'Hater's Line'.

TSW is noway p2w mate, the only items reminding pay2win are the experience boosters recently introduced, while in gw2 a +50% Magic Find boost from the cash shop, or the direct conversion from gems bought through cash and then exchanged to gold to buy gear (even legendaries if you have enough cash) is clearly kittening PAY2WIN.

p2w has been argued to death on these forums.. clearly you all have different definitions of what it means... sometimes it would be better if you just establish what you mean first instead of just arguing about it.

• XeoMatrix00XeoMatrix00 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

There are some things which I feel are great about GW2, and I hope that more developers learn from and utilize in future mmo's

1) Dynamic Content - Content that is actively happening in the world, and has multiple outcomes - This is a great improvement from traditional questing. I hope to see games that improve upon this model and take it to the next level.  Exciting potential.

Too bad the chain/multiple outcomes never happen. The same thing is repeating continuously. It's 99% like PQs in WAR, just without timers.

Certainly not 99%, no way Jose!

Well, does 90% sound more justified?

2) Cross profession combo's - this is a great aspect, and I really wish that the use and advantage of these was increased.  There are so many unexplored potentials that they could improve upon with increased focus on this aspect.

Combo effects have minimal impact on combat. It's also a damn hassle. It's better to just pick a class which can combo by himself. Is comboing fun? No, it's boring.

It's just a small bonus, I can't be bothered to go out of my way for some combo either. I'm sure with proper coordination some great stuff can be done in sPvP or something, but I find this mostly overrated as well.

Can't really argue with that.

3) Individual Class mechanics - I love how a Warrior plays completely different than a theif, and an elementalist completely different yet, and an engineer completely different yet, and so on...   The replayability is improved so much because your alts are so different from your main.

Each class feels like a clone of each other. Only 1 lousy mechanic per profession which tries to make them different. Of course there are some classes with more support skills, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

Nop, ake 8 characters of different classes and make them all play the same. Either you have no idea how to really play a profession or you haven't even tried.

They have some subtle differences, but at the core, they are all the same. I'm saying that 1 or 2 features are not enough to make the difference between classes.

4) Horizontal Progression - I don't think I need to elaborate on this one. Horizontal progression lets casual play with hardcore, and bringing gamers together is a good thing for the most part.

Are you talking about low lvls getting their ass owned in WvW or high lvls assisting low lvls by facerolling the content?

He's talking about not having to build your life around a game in order to be able to play it properly.

I guess I misread the original text.

5) Exploration and jumping puzzles  - So much depth in GW2 is hidden by the fact that alot of people don't stray off the beaten path. I think it's great that they reward people that do. I would love to see more games in the future bring more lustre into their games with challenges beyond the questline.

If by reward you mean scenery, then yes it's a great reward. If by reward you mean the famous end chest.. eeerm...

Yep, this is mostly for the challenge and the achievement, but it's a great part of the game. Keeps you busy if you like that sort of thing.

6) Multiple game styles - If you like multiplayer PvE, or Large scale PvP, or instanced PvP, or storyline PvE, or challenging co-op PvE the game has something that can suit your interests. Too many MMO's are one trick pony "niche" games.

Too bad that all of them have been separated by loading screens. It's more like multiple lame mini games in one package than 1 game containing everything.

They're indeed seperated, and for very good reasons.

I don't see any good reason for that. GW2 would be so much better game if they combined combined all of those (open world pvp) and discarded that arena type pvp.

7) Overflows - This is a great mechanic, that offsets server population problems with too many people on peak times against too few during offpeak hours. 

They mix the servers, the servers are there to stick the community together. I don't see anything good in overflows, they're just "necessary evil" although there are also some alternatives...

They're better than empty servers, but indeed more of a "necessary evil" than some great feature.

F2P = P2W, at least a lot of the time. B2P does not have to equal P2W. You're dead wrong if you think GW2=P2W. Really dead wrong on this one.

Say that to the original GW1 and GW2 fans. Most of them think that ascended gears ruined the entire game. It was like the last nail for them.

9) No resource competition and rezzes for all - This is truly a great thing. Selfish actions foster negative attitudes, and by removing that from the game, the game world and it's community is much more kind and generous.

Another "feature" which discourages players from communicating with each other. Even "Hey, keep your hands away from my gold vein!" is better than ""... Rezzes for all does the same thing, but the cause is different. Rezzing is sooooooo common that it's rare to see someone saying thanks.

It's not rare to see someone saying thanks, quite the contrary, it's a very rare occassion when someone does NOT say ty, thx, tyvm or just plain Thanks! of Thank you! Seriously, what server are you playing on?

I don't really want to accuse of you lying, but something smells like fish with your statement.

Server is Seafarer's Rest, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that different servers have so different community habits. Maybe 1 out of 8 or on a good day 1 out of 5 players say thanks when ressed, but never anymore than that.

I understand you dont like the game you have your opinions i wont argue if they right or not because im not sure where u get the feedback from. But wanted to know is there a point on talking about the game. I can receive ur comments more as trolling, the reason is that i talk to so many ppl ingame and in forums not only on this site of course. But seems to be that the ppl that hate the game is the minotory. For example the only reason im in the forum now is because im at work and bored :) (sue me !!), at home will be on GW2 and forget about this forums sites, guess same reason why so many hater threads. I saw this thread and found interesting your comments but i dont seem to agree with you at all. I really think this game is not for you, maybe you should try other games. Rift,WOW,SWTOR,TSW all of them a a free trial you can try them and decide without spending money. GW2 is not for you sorry to say that.  Hell, maybe MMORPG are not for you even.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

There are some things which I feel are great about GW2, and I hope that more developers learn from and utilize in future mmo's

1) Dynamic Content - Content that is actively happening in the world, and has multiple outcomes - This is a great improvement from traditional questing. I hope to see games that improve upon this model and take it to the next level.  Exciting potential.

Too bad the chain/multiple outcomes never happen. The same thing is repeating continuously. It's 99% like PQs in WAR, just without timers.

You shouldn't retard the potential of something because of how it works in it's initial stages. When there is a ton of players the outcome was usually the same, but as the number of players has become more balanced, different outcomes definately occur and on a daily basis I will see events that both fail and succeed.  I would like to see this mechanic utilized and expanded upon.  

I've already seen the decrease of players, but not the variety of events you speak of. Usually when failure occurs, the event just starts over. On some rare cases enemies capture objective which leads to "wipe out event".

2) Cross profession combo's - this is a great aspect, and I really wish that the use and advantage of these was increased.  There are so many unexplored potentials that they could improve upon with increased focus on this aspect.

Combo effects have minimal impact on combat. It's also a damn hassle. It's better to just pick a class which can combo by himself. Is comboing fun? No, it's boring.

Curious as to why you would be involved in a MMORPG forum when apparantly you only want to play single player. I was hoping that your point would be beneficial, but it appears you are here in error.

I find it really hard to see how cross profession combo criticizing is related to your statement.

3) Individual Class mechanics - I love how a Warrior plays completely different than a theif, and an elementalist completely different yet, and an engineer completely different yet, and so on...   The replayability is improved so much because your alts are so different from your main.

Each class feels like a clone of each other. Only 1 lousy mechanic per profession which tries to make them different. Of course there are some classes with more support skills, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

You seem to be extremely ignorant on the truth with this game, have you ever played? There isn't one class that I've felt plays anything like another.  I highly recommend resolving the "lack of knowledge" problem, before posting like you know anything about it. It's hard to have a valid opinion when all you've done is watched some youtube videos.

As with 2) you're attacking me personally instead of discussing about 3).

4) Horizontal Progression - I don't think I need to elaborate on this one. Horizontal progression lets casual play with hardcore, and bringing gamers together is a good thing for the most part.

Are you talking about low lvls getting their ass owned in WvW or high lvls assisting low lvls by facerolling the content?

OK, this is a big one. I also highly recommend using Google or some other search engine, to learn what certain terms mean if you want to participate in a conversation about them.  In response to your question, no I'm not talking about gear/level scaling.

Almost same answer as with 2) 3). I wrote previously that I misread this part.

5) Exploration and jumping puzzles  - So much depth in GW2 is hidden by the fact that alot of people don't stray off the beaten path. I think it's great that they reward people that do. I would love to see more games in the future bring more lustre into their games with challenges beyond the questline.

If by reward you mean scenery, then yes it's a great reward. If by reward you mean the famous end chest.. eeerm...

I'm talking about something being there at all.  You'd have to be able to understand the value of discovery, and thats something that not all people can do.

Discovering something good is always thrilling, discovering something which is utterly useless is disapointing.

6) Multiple game styles - If you like multiplayer PvE, or Large scale PvP, or instanced PvP, or storyline PvE, or challenging co-op PvE the game has something that can suit your interests. Too many MMO's are one trick pony "niche" games.

Too bad that all of them have been separated by loading screens. It's more like multiple lame mini games in one package than 1 game containing everything.

Ah yes, the infinite wisdom of a complete disregard for common sense. It would be so much better to have people playing instanced PvP matches in the middle of my dungeon out in the open world. Thanks for sharing.

I don't really like your tone.

7) Overflows - This is a great mechanic, that offsets server population problems with too many people on peak times against too few during offpeak hours. 

They mix the servers, the servers are there to stick the community together. I don't see anything good in overflows, they're just "necessary evil" although there are also some alternatives...

Of course you don't see anything good in overflows, I would never expect anything different. However, the fact that it allows servers to maintain higher numbers of players so the low population times are not as low of population, is a good thing.

Like I said, they're "necessary evil", there are many good points in them, but you don't see any bad points in them although they have plenty.

OMG! You're right. There are not many single player games that are P2W.  That is the most brilliant and provocative statement I've ever heard!!  Thank you for being a part of these forums, and a part of this thread.  It takes a special person to resound such wisdom. Again, thanks for sharing. 

Again, I don't really like your tone with this answer. I never even wrote that singleplayers are P2W, I only wrote that GW2 is.

9) No resource competition and rezzes for all - This is truly a great thing. Selfish actions foster negative attitudes, and by removing that from the game, the game world and it's community is much more kind and generous.

Another "feature" which discourages players from communicating with each other. Even "Hey, keep your hands away from my gold vein!" is better than ""... Rezzes for all does the same thing, but the cause is different. Rezzing is sooooooo common that it's rare to see someone saying thanks.

So you think it's better to say something negative rather than to say nothing at all? I would have never guessed that.

Nothing to comment at.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    ITT Masa1 providing thoughtful answers based on play experience that I can relate to.  Masa1 then being verbally attacked by GW2 fanatics.  Everyone that has ever said the GW2 community is great must feel so incredibly vindicated right now. (that last line was sarcasm)
    Originally posted by Banquetto

A lot of GW2 fans turned against arena net when they introduced ascended items. I did not, because I already knew that GW2 was P2W. They believed the lies told by ArenaNet until facts started to punch their faces.

I was one of the GW2 fans that turned against ArenaNet when they introduced ascended items. I think it was a horrible design decision that really moved away from one of the things that made GW2 unique and wonderful.

However, there is absolutely zero connection of any sort between my displeasure with ascended items and any concept of "P2W". The absoluteness of that zero is so absolute that I honestly do not have even the faintest idea what you are babbling about when you put the words "ascended" and "P2W" in the same sentence.

I, on the other hand, fail to understand why they are not related.

If you are willing to buy gems, what's stopping you from getting those new shiny ascended items? And if >you< can get them fast, what's the reason for you to hate them?

Well maybe not literally P2W (if you don't want to use that term), but will you at least admit that with those changes cash shop got way more threatening?

Originally posted by killion81
    ITT Masa1 providing thoughtful answers based on play experience that I can relate to.  Masa1 then being verbally attacked by GW2 fanatics.  Everyone that has ever said the GW2 community is great must feel so incredibly vindicated right now. (that last line was sarcasm)

It's different to say nasty things about games / things which are not real, than talk trash about other person. Or are you saying that GW2 is just as important than humans?

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    Originally posted by cippalippa

p2w has been argued to death on these forums.. clearly you all have different definitions of what it means... sometimes it would be better if you just establish what you mean first instead of just arguing about it.

ok i'll make it clear for you:

1) buy gems with cash (no with gold cost too much, and these days with the drops it is "normally" too difficult to make money, see https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/)

2) convert the gems to gold

3) go to the TP and buy your exotics/mats/legendaries

Easy enough?

PS: 4) optional: if you have still money buy load of MF boost, download bots or hack programs, anyway they are undetectable, and go grind like no one can, sell to the TP, make lot of gold

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Too bad that part about horizontal progression is no longer true. With the addition of ascended gear, the game is clearly focusing on vertical progression now. Everything else is true though. One of the main reasons I liked this game was the horizontal progression and focusing on gathering exotics for different builds and getting different skins, instead of constantly upgrading my gear for no damn reason other than running on a hamster wheel and keeping up with the joneses. Since this is no longer true and the hamster wheel has been implemented, I have no desire to log in. It's a shame really, I thought I would be playing the game for a long time to come.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Macecard

Everyone go back and re read this thread and decide did you really need to reply with your selfish, uncompromising opinions?

leave this forum and never come back

Someones day is ruined i think. lol Last time i check this wasn't fan site and people from both sides are allowed to present their opinion.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by elitero

Everyone go back and re read this thread and decide did you really need to reply with your selfish, uncompromising opinions?

The thing is most of the people that play GW2 don't even come to these forums anymore, so its filled with people who dislike the game, this all fine and dandy I just don't get how if you dis like the game so much, why spend hours and hours on a forum to make sure you shove your opinion down other's throats and try to turn it into facts. 

Internets I guess.

This is no longer a GW2 fan forum as it's supposed to be, it's a GW2 hater forum. I admire the OP for daring to start such a thread in the crap atmosphere that reigns here, and that despite the forum rule against excessive negativity.

But in the mean time, ArenaNET and their game reap all the awards... image

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by elitero

The thing is most of the people that play GW2 don't even come to these forums anymore, so its filled with people who dislike the game, this all fine and dandy I just don't get how if you dis like the game so much, why spend hours and hours on a forum to make sure you shove your opinion down other's throats and try to turn it into facts. 

Internets I guess.

This is no longer a GW2 fan forum as it's supposed to be, it's a GW2 hater forum. I admire the OP for daring to start such a thread in the crap atmosphere that reigns here, and that despite the forum rule against excessive negativity.

But in the mean time, ArenaNET and their game reap all the awards... image

Umm..this is not a fan forum bro!! And for forums with such a crap atmosphere you surely love posting  here on daily basis. So either stop visting or deal with it?. 

*chuckles*

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I believe GW2 is exactly as it was advertised.  I go home, jump in, play a few hours and not have to worry the raid train has passed me by.

The classes are deep and different from each other.  I've taken many classes to 20+ with Guardian at 52 and Engineer at 80.  The dungeons are quick and fun (although challenging) if you're used to doing things with the holy trinity.  The platforming is an added plus.  I love map completionts, I love jumping puzzles.  The vistas really show you the amount of creativity in the level design.   I really can't imagine ever going back to a quest hub game.

The pvp is also very fun.  Easy to get into, hard to master (Tournaments).   The seasonal events are also fantastic.  I'm enjoyed Halloweena and currently enjoying Wintersday.  The lost shore not so much, but heck, free content every month, I really can't complain.

I have spent an extra $40 on top of buying the game because I wanted more bag slots for my main characters and an extra character slot (total of 6 instead of 5).  I did this by choice because I consider this supporting Arenanet... which is a company that has earned the support.  The amount of money i've spent is still less than what I would have spent if this was a $15 a month game.  I can't remember the last time I got this much of my money's worth from a single game.

With pay to play games, there's always the guilt of not playing it as a second job means wasting your monthly fee.  GW2, there is no regret.  I can play as little or as much as I want.  There is no hamster wheel, no raiding progression with carrot on a stick.... no raid times 5 days a week, 3 hours at a time.  If I take a break fo 3 months and come back, I won't feel like the train has passed me by.

I really enjoy this game and for those of you that don't feel the same way, more power to you.  Find something else.  Though some of you who have 300+ hours of game time complaining the "game sucks" are ultimate hypocrits.  You got your money's worth and then some.  Move on.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by wowclones
    Why are 3/4 of the threads here trying to prove that GW2 is a great game. We already know it is, people are crying because they maxed out all the content and find a reason to say it's not good. I see post, "well after 200 hours, I finally see why GW2 is a fail", "well I maxed my character , there is nothing to do". PLAY ANOTHER GAME!!! 100 hours is a huge offering for a game. People complain about it, i dont get it, what do you expect a game that never ends? Anyone who spent more than 20 hours playing this game and calls it a fail is a hypocrit. Halo 4 isn't even 20 hours, how can you play something for 20 hours and say it's a fail?

youre right 100 hours is huge for a game. But not a MMO. MMOs should have a very long life span. If you played GW2 like you would have any other console game then you got your moneys worth. If your playing it like its a MMO then you got riped off. (for some people)

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    I think people expect too much out video games. They a game that is infinite in scope with every possible feature ever conceived to be included, makes sandwichs and rubs their balls while playing.

With ultra high expections one can only be disappointed. Grow up and quite complaining like little children. I'm sure what the hell is wrong with people. You play a game for while, enjoy it an then move on. Why does a game have to consume every bit of your life to be deemed "not fail"?

Seriously yall a bunch of crack addicts. Put the crack pipe down once in a while you might the high a bit better when you do fire it up.
  • mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

I agree.

Why are 3/4 of the threads here trying to prove that GW2 is a great game. We already know it is, people are crying because they maxed out all the content and find a reason to say it's not good. I see post, "well after 200 hours, I finally see why GW2 is a fail", "well I maxed my character , there is nothing to do". PLAY ANOTHER GAME!!! 100 hours is a huge offering for a game. People complain about it, i dont get it, what do you expect a game that never ends? Anyone who spent more than 20 hours playing this game and calls it a fail is a hypocrit. Halo 4 isn't even 20 hours, how can you play something for 20 hours and say it's a fail?
    I can agree on statement that GW2 keeps you entertained for long enough that you feel that you got "your money's worth out of it". 

That does NOT prevent me (or any other so called hater) from listing the flaws of the game.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

youre right 100 hours is huge for a game. But not a MMO. MMOs should have a very long life span. If you played GW2 like you would have any other console game then you got your moneys worth. If your playing it like its a MMO then you got riped off. (for some people)

I can agree on statement that GW2 keeps you entertained for long enough that you feel that you got "your money's worth out of it".

That does NOT prevent me (or any other so called hater) from listing the flaws of the game.

There are flaws in EVERY game. The problem is people are not constructive with how they point out the flaws. Just pointing out flaws without also pointing out any good points is what makes a post totally negative.  As an example, I am not happy with the fact they they left out GvG and Guild Halls in the game currently, it is Guild Wars 2, after all. On the other hand, I do appreciate the non-linear aspects of the game and the current Wintersday event. (that is a constructive comment).

It is easy to be negative, since it seems negativity is natural to humans and hard to be positive.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

^^ This.

GW2's last round of defense is the amount of play you get for the price tag...totally ignoring that this genre is rooted in long term gameplay.  Call GW2 an MMORPG all you want, but if its longevity is the same as a typical console game.....it's not a real MMORPG to me.

There are flaws in EVERY game. The problem is people are not constructive with how they point out the flaws. Just pointing out flaws without also pointing out any good points is what makes a post totally negative.  As an example, I am not happy with the fact they they left out GvG and Guild Halls in the game currently, it is Guild Wars 2, after all. On the other hand, I do appreciate the non-linear aspects of the game and the current Wintersday event. (that is a constructive comment).

It is easy to be negative, since it seems negativity is natural to humans and hard to be positive.

On the countrary, seeing how fanboy rubbish controlled this forum section 2-3 years (before GW2 even released) I can only think that positivism is natural for humans and they don't want to see anything bad in anything they have fallen love with.

Was it right that people overhyped this game and anyone who pointed any flaw was instantly crucified? There was no civilized discussion about the good and bad sides of this game. There was only discussion about how good the game is.

Thanks to all that hype, anyone who came here to find neutral info about the game was instantly turned away by huge hype wave. It was impossible to tell if the game was good or bad, unless you blindly believed the forum users.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Multiple paths happen all the time now that the launch zerg is gone. 

Combo fields have a massive effect on combat. Leach fields, buff stripping fields, healing fields and blind fields are rediculously useful if you have a good group setup. If you don't think so then you never really got into tournament PvP. It's also the reason why so many bad players think dungeons are suicide runs, because they never learned to work as a team.

They can adopt similar roles, but they all do it differently, and they do have different strengths in the availability of combo fields and finishers. Warriors and rangers for instance have heaps of finishers, but mesmers, necromancers and elementalists are the kings of combo fields. Thieves, guardians and engineers are somewhere in the middle. But again, you didnt really understand how important combo fields were, so you probably didn't notice this either.

Low levels don't get owned in WvW. I have taken my lower level alts into WvW and done well against obviously max level characters.

The end chest that gives rares and a chance of uniques? What else did you want from them? Its the same rewards as doing the zone bosses.

Yawn, that old argument. 5 second load screens ruin my immersion, boo hoo.

No, guilds are there to stick the community together. Friend lists are there to stick the community together. Seperate servers are just a "necessary evil" that GW2 has now overcome with overflows.

Oh yes, please tell me more about how you won at the game by buying Black Lion Chests. Perhaps it was the minature or the costume that made you win instead? 

You lead a pretty sad life if the highlight of your day is someone telling you to stay away from a harvesting node.  There is plenty of other chat going on without the need for useless trolling over a harvest node.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

That's not contructive... That's hedging.

Constructive is, I feel the GW2 combat sysytem is very limited, because 1/2 your 10 abilities are tied to your two equiped weapons. It makes me feel like I'm doing the samething over and over, from level 5 to level 80. They should make more abilities for the weapons and use a slotting system to add them to you action bar.

You see this as trolling huh?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    GW 2 is so 2012...
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by bcbully

That's not contructive... That's hedging.

Constructive is, I feel the GW2 combat sysytem is very limited, because 1/2 your 10 abilities are tied to 2 your two equiped weapons. It makes me feel like I'm doing the samething over and over.

You see this as trolling huh?

...Because we all deserve the right to try to stab someone with a hammer.

It's a pity people can't see beyond the five (ten with swaps) skills on the left to how you can vary and tailor those skills for a myriad of playstyles using traits.

Actually, with secondary and often tertiary skills chaining to the skills on the skill bar you often can have at least 8 to 10 skills per weapon/weapon set before you swap even.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by evilastro

Multiple paths happen all the time now that the launch zerg is gone. 

Yep, in those 1% events where multiple chains are implemented.

Combo fields have a massive effect on combat. Leach fields, buff stripping fields, healing fields and blind fields are rediculously useful if you have a good group setup. If you don't think so then you never really got into tournament PvP. It's also the reason why so many bad players think dungeons are suicide runs, because they never learned to work as a team.

Well they might have impact on extremely competitive play, but that doesn't change the fact that they're boring and feel useless. Just like denys / last hits in DOTA2.

They can adopt similar roles, but they all do it differently, and they do have different strengths in the availability of combo fields and finishers. Warriors and rangers for instance have heaps of finishers, but mesmers, necromancers and elementalists are the kings of combo fields. Thieves, guardians and engineers are somewhere in the middle. But again, you didnt really understand how important combo fields were, so you probably didn't notice this either.

So you're saying that there are only 3 "class groups"?

Warriors&Rangers, Mesmers&Necros&Eles, Thieves&Guardians&Engineeers.

Low levels don't get owned in WvW. I have taken my lower level alts into WvW and done well against obviously max level characters.

I doubt it was 80lvl. You can't tell the level by gear. 40level fighting against 80lvl (with full exo set) is suicide no matter how you look at it.

The end chest that gives rares and a chance of uniques? What else did you want from them? Its the same rewards as doing the zone bosses.

Maybe something worthwhile, like rare items, unique skins or just about anything which doesn't make me feel like "oh I just got shit handed to me from ANet devs".

Yawn, that old argument. 5 second load screens ruin my immersion, boo hoo.

Loading screens break the immersion of character being in a world. The current world feels like puzzle pieces floating in random order, none of them are connected to each other.

No, guilds are there to stick the community together. Friend lists are there to stick the community together. Seperate servers are just a "necessary evil" that GW2 has now overcome with overflows.

ANet devs made GW2 with servers to stick the community together. They said that in many interviews. Too bad that they ruined it with overflows.

Oh yes, please tell me more about how you won at the game by buying Black Lion Chests. Perhaps it was the minature or the costume that made you win instead? 

I've not thrown even a single cent to cash shop so I can't, but I can tell about story of an another guy:

The guy bought so many gems, the first thing he did was to spend them for himself. He leveled faster than anyone else, with stronger equips than anyone else. He got to 80lvl in a breeze. He then laughed a lot when he was able to kill noobs in WvW.

Unfortunately he was only able to enjoy the P2W fun for 4 weeks.. after that point too many non-cash users reached the same level as him and even got the same equips.

The story continued since ArenaNet devs were kind enough to release ascended equips. The guy then used all his gems to get ascended rings and back slot asap. He could repeat his P2W fun.. for 4 weeks.

You lead a pretty sad life if the highlight of your day is someone telling you to stay away from a harvesting node.  There is plenty of other chat going on without the need for useless trolling over a harvest node.