Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[General Article] The Secret World: The Story So Far

13»

Comments

• demiseraphdemiseraph Glen Rock, PAPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by Meyithi

I picked it up for £15 yesterday and have had a quick play today, suffers from the same problems as Age of Conan in that the engine is terribly optimised and the only way to get decent framerates is to turn all of the eye candy down.  I have a 3960X and a GeForce 680 and still can't play AoC in it's full DX10 glory, the engine is that bad!  It's carried over to TSW unfortunately.

Also, apparently there is a problem with the framerates on Windows 8, and Funcom conveniently  "aren't supporting" Windows 8.  Considering AoC still runs like a dog after all of these years I don't hold up much hope of resolution, it;s just a dog of an engine.

I'm not so sure it's the game.  I'm on a gtx550ti video card and can run on dx11 maxxed settings without issues...

• demiseraphdemiseraph Glen Rock, PAPosts: 2Member

Lifetimers didn't really get screwed despite the mental misconception here :

Grandmaster pack : Lifetime subscription to the game, still have to pay additional money in cash shop for clothing, pets, titles etc. 10% discount in store.

Grandmaster after B2P : 1200 points a month to instantly buy the new content (so still included then free, for lifetime, without any additional out of pockets cost) AND leftover points can be used on cosmetics from cash shop.  Plus the discount is now 20%.

Where exactly did we get screwed?  I'm actually getting more for my lifetime sub now than I did before.

• Originally posted by Meyithi

I picked it up for £15 yesterday and have had a quick play today, suffers from the same problems as Age of Conan in that the engine is terribly optimised and the only way to get decent framerates is to turn all of the eye candy down.  I have a 3960X and a GeForce 680 and still can't play AoC in it's full DX10 glory, the engine is that bad!  It's carried over to TSW unfortunately.

Also, apparently there is a problem with the framerates on Windows 8, and Funcom conveniently  "aren't supporting" Windows 8.  Considering AoC still runs like a dog after all of these years I don't hold up much hope of resolution, it;s just a dog of an engine.

honestly, I've no problem at all playing TSW in windows 8. It works as a charm. 

and my pc has only QUAD CORE as CPU, ATI 4600 1G as GPU......

• crack_foxcrack_fox WellingtonPosts: 402Member
    Originally posted by xharbinger
    Originally posted by crack_fox

Nostril flare sliders or GTFO. 

Then you should really try the trial period. The character creator is not superb as it is in EVE Online, but definitely not as bad as they say.

There are few games that can match Eve's cc, although when I last played that (in Beta) it was only a portrait.

No doubt I'll give the TSW trial a shot at some point.

13»