Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

NDA question responded to

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon UnkownPosts: 565Member Uncommon
    Anyone else getting logged out when clicking 'create character'?
  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 837Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Anyone else getting logged out when clicking 'create character'?

Yes.

• HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by crysent
    Originally posted by Hancakes

And yes, I think by looking at facebook + the forums + twitter I can get an accurate account of people looking for an update, and also get a picture that NO ONE is actually currently in game.  Yes, I know it was TEMPORARILY up this morning, about 8 hours ago, but that is it.

LOL... DF1 only had 3800 likes on FB, but sold over 150000 copies.

So much for that theory.

• KuviskiKuviski KajaaniPosts: 214Member
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Originally posted by Redemp
     Alot of people are already demanding their money back, several of my mates who I talked into trying this game are as well. Yes ... its painfully obvious why there is a NDA.

Money back for what?  The game you PURCHASED isn't due out until January.

Maybe it is only a beta, but, considering they were 'planning' a solid release a couple weeks ago I think a lot of people are a bit surprised at the state of things in the 'beta'...

"Most" people no nothing of the state of the beta due to the login issues.

Aren't terrible login issues a problem with the beta?

Not really,  the servers are well beyond their capacity.  18000+ in line for a server that only supports 10000 players.

This is complete crap, c'mon - 18000 people in que?  BS.  The que server is not working, their facebook page likes + number of people on their forum and twitter don't even equal half of 18000.  I find it very, very hard to believe there are 18k people in que.  I know what the server says, what the server says is NOT correct.  Clearly something is wrong with the que number, I believe its counting everyone who has attempted to access the server, because the number NEVER goes down...just up and up and up.

Yes because Facebook likes,twitter and Forum logins are representative of how many people are actively playing. image

So how are people playing if teh counter never goes down? LOL I know for a FACT that it does as I've played.

Okay buddy, your probably right.  Nothing wrong with the que, nothing wrong with the login server, and nothing wrong with the game server.  This is all a big mis-understanding and just a result of all the people trying to login right now, all 20,000 people.  The que hasn't gone down once this morning, not once.  And what "people" are playing?  You? me? no.  point me in the direction of someone playing...

And yes, I think by looking at facebook + the forums + twitter I can get an accurate account of people looking for an update, and also get a picture that NO ONE is actually currently in game.  Yes, I know it was TEMPORARILY up this morning, about 8 hours ago, but that is it.

But the queue has gone up and down during the day. I've been able to log in and out a few times.

The problem is that once you crash, you can't log in on the crashed character, but you can still "access" the queue.

Also, just saying, a lot of us people don't even use Facebook or Twitter. Like myself. So I doubt those numbers would be too accurate.

Originally posted by Kuviski
     Alot of people are already demanding their money back, several of my mates who I talked into trying this game are as well. Yes ... its painfully obvious why there is a NDA.

Maybe it is only a beta, but, considering they were 'planning' a solid release a couple weeks ago I think a lot of people are a bit surprised at the state of things in the 'beta'...

Not really,  the servers are well beyond their capacity.  18000+ in line for a server that only supports 10000 players.

This is complete crap, c'mon - 18000 people in que?  BS.  The que server is not working, their facebook page likes + number of people on their forum and twitter don't even equal half of 18000.  I find it very, very hard to believe there are 18k people in que.  I know what the server says, what the server says is NOT correct.  Clearly something is wrong with the que number, I believe its counting everyone who has attempted to access the server, because the number NEVER goes down...just up and up and up.

Yes because Facebook likes,twitter and Forum logins are representative of how many people are actively playing. image

So how are people playing if teh counter never goes down? LOL I know for a FACT that it does as I've played.

Okay buddy, your probably right.  Nothing wrong with the que, nothing wrong with the login server, and nothing wrong with the game server.  This is all a big mis-understanding and just a result of all the people trying to login right now, all 20,000 people.  The que hasn't gone down once this morning, not once.  And what "people" are playing?  You? me? no.  point me in the direction of someone playing...

But the queue has gone up and down during the day. I've been able to log in and out a few times.

The problem is that once you crash, you can't log in on the crashed character, but you can still "access" the queue.

Thus the game being in BETAimage

• crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 837Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kuviski

Yes...we get it's in beta, you've repeated that now multiple times, nobody debates that.

• ZyzraZyzra Madison, WIPosts: 354Member

The problem is that when the game releases, it will still be in BETA.

Beta is at best a temporary excuse.

Choice quotes from the Darkfall website itself:

"a bit more time is needed. For the record, what’s left shouldn’t take more than a few days longer."

"we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners"

So don't worry guys, Aventurine fully expects these minor issues to only take a few days to iron out!

"It's just beta"

"It's just launch bugs"

"It's just a bug from patching"

"It's probably your crappy computer"

Denial, a sad state.

• TheJodaTheJoda chicago, ILPosts: 467Member
    For all you fanboys crying its a beta.....well it was scheduled by AV to launch FIRM Dec 12th. Now with these "so called" issues being listed....the real question is what is really going on?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo virginia beach, VAPosts: 162Member
    I don't think y'all do get it the way you have been acting.  If it isn't working or driving you all in such a rage, then don't play.  Go do something else.
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
     If it isn't working or driving you all in such a rage, then don't play.  Go do something else.

That sounds a lot like what many fans of this game say.  Usually in regards to the pvp and full loot though.

I mean if everyone followed that advice and did something else whenever Darkfall et al had a bug, glitch, or frustrating element, they'd probably have to cancel the game and try again.

wait...

"a bit more time is needed. For the record, what’s left shouldn’t take more than a few days longer."

"we have done a lot of internal testing for the game, the platform has been thoroughly field tested, and the game has also been tested by external partners"

So don't worry guys, Aventurine fully expects these minor issues to only take a few days to iron out!

"It's just beta"

"It's just launch bugs"

Denial, a sad state.

And the biggest issue is with the login, not the actual gameplay.  Obviously, you havent played.

"It's just beta"

"It's just launch bugs"

Denial, a sad state.

And the biggest issue is with the login, not the actual gameplay.  Obviously, you havent played.

No worries.  I'm sure they'll get the login issues worked out so people can  log in and many can play at once.

Then of course once a bunch of people are logged in and playing will the gameplay issues show up.

But no worries, it's just a beta.

I have faith in Aventurine, after all they managed to release the first Darkfall without any bugs or issues.

Hopefully they release the game soon though.

After all, Mortal Online doesn't have any competition right now.

I am excited for the full loot PVP though.  I like the way Darkfall does full loot - you drop all your stuff which is cool because since it is so easy to get and common and worthless that it doesn't really matter to you and your attacker might not even bother looting it because his bank is full of the same crap.  it's so hardcore

"It's just beta"

"It's just launch bugs"

Denial, a sad state.

No worries.  I'm sure they'll get the login issues worked out so people can  log in and many can play at once.

Then of course once a bunch of people are logged in and playing will the gameplay issues show up.

But no worries, it's just a beta.

I have faith in Aventurine, after all they managed to release the first Darkfall without any bugs or issues.

You can watch and QQ  while I  go play. Server up !!!

Weird, hasn't the server been up?  Or were people in hours worth of queue to a server that was offline?

Anyways, be careful not to attempt to create a character, because pushing create character can log you out forcing you to wait in the queue for a possibly offline server again.

LMAO... Yet its still a failure even after going Freemium

• RedrumSsamRedrumSsam Chico, CAPosts: 1Member
    I think a lot of issues are caused by the fact that they threw the beta client build together at the last minute. the debug tools are not implemented properly as xpiher was saying, the offical game build could have been a lot more stable. Poor AV, all these mistakes are going to kill darkfall again. I think they will pull it together, I just wish they would stop saying that they are close to having  a finished product when they are clearly not, it does not help their reputation at all.

LMAO... Yet its still a failure even after going Freemium

Yet somehow didn't have to shut down for months to have a "do-over" relaunch of their game.

Funny how that works?

Anyways I thought your server was up?  How come you aren't slaying noobs and taking their full looted gear?

Weird, hasn't the server been up?  Or were people in hours worth of queue to a server that was offline?

Anyways, be careful not to attempt to create a character, because pushing create character can log you out forcing you to wait in the queue for a possibly offline server again.

Umm, theres more than one server and status is clearly stated.  I created one this morning with no issues, but thanks.

You can always use  DFOtray for remote server status too.

Originally posted by RedrumSsam
    I think a lot of issues are caused by the fact that they threw the beta client build together at the last minute. the debug tools are not implemented properly as xpiher was saying, the offical game build could have been a lot more stable. Poor AV, all these mistakes are going to kill darkfall again. I think they will pull it together, I just wish they would stop saying that they are close to having  a finished product when they are clearly not, it does not help their reputation at all.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

People would be a lot more understanding and forgiving if they were clear and honest and accurate with what was going on with development.

You can fix a bug in code, but can you fix developers?

It's kind of a situation where the game ideas, features, and such sound amazing, and would fill a niche that could be very fun, if only a different development team was working on it.

I want a game just like Darkfall, but not Darkfall itself because that comes bundled with Aventurine.

There are other prospects on the horizon for similar genre though.

• xzyaxxzyax Fargo, NDPosts: 2,459Member

It's kind of a situation where the game ideas, features, and such sound amazing, and would fill a niche that could be very fun, if only a different development team was working on it.

I want a game just like Darkfall, but not Darkfall itself because that comes bundled with Aventurine.

There are other prospects on the horizon for similar genre though.

We have a winner!

That was the exact sentiment from the majority of us the first time around.  I feel sorry for those who thought Aventurine and Tasos had learned from the mistakes of the past.  Heh... not so much.  

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

Money back for what?  The game you PURCHASED isn't due out until January at the earliest.

Its a B E T A     image

If it weren't for the fact they were thinking of releasing it as is, you'd have a leg to stand on.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah

Money back for what?  The game you PURCHASED isn't due out until January at the earliest.

Its a B E T A     image

If it weren't for the fact they were thinking of releasing it as is, you'd have a leg to stand on.

Thank Steam for delaying their release, otherwise this could have been far worse.

Of course, only Aventurine seems to think they can't release a game unless Steam is ready.  Most of the MMOs on Steam released long before having their game listed on the service.

But shh don't tell Tasos that, he might tell the interns to release the game now

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Summerville, SCPosts: 412Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I like the bit where he says its seems to be stable so far..

From what im reading on the DF forums  i guess he is playing WOW or somthing.

Severs are being hammered and running in debugg mode (public knowledge). If you manage to get out of the starter area, a lot of the stability issues should subsist (public koweldge as AV stated it)

Yea for what its worth once I actually got into the game I played for roughly 2 hours with zero problems before the servers went wonky and they were brought down.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
    Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
    Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
    ??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
    Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
    Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift