Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: 30,000 Players Unraveling the End of Days in ARG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that players of the Alternative Reality Game set in the realms of The Secret World have spent over 30,000 hours working to unravel the mysteries of the end of days. As December 21st approaches, players are investigating events in the ARG at an astonishing pace.

The ARG takes place online (and outside the actual ‘The Secret World’ MMO) in the Situation Room, a main hub where participants can live chat with each other, see updated video briefings and access several intricate puzzles that are being made available over the course of the ARGs lifespan. Among some of the tasks participants encounter are situations where they must ‘hack’ (obviously not the illegal kind) computer terminals to access information, investigate strange websites, and go through other challenges and mini-games that will put their mental capacity to the test. Players accumulate points, and they have access to a special profile page where they can track their progress.

Join the other conspiracy theorists on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

People can bitch about Funcom all they like, but I will forever tip my hat to them for always trying to do things just that little bit different to everyone else.

Good on ya Funcom!

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    This is one of the reasons I love Funcom. Sure, they release some half-baked stuff but they're ALWAYS pushing to innovate and try new things.  This is why gamers SHOULD support Funcom.  We need companies like this who have the guts to be different and unafraid to fail at something.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by korvass

People can bitch about Funcom all they like, but I will forever tip my hat to them for always trying to do things just that little bit different to everyone else.

Good on ya Funcom!

I concure " Life-Time " subscriptions are the proof that Funcom has the Gamers concerns first.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AvroseAvrose Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Good on ya Funcom!

I concure " Life-Time " subscriptions are the proof that Funcom has the Gamers concerns first.

I bought life time and expected tsw to go b2p. I knew I'd still get a benefit for my money free duily exp boosts duh.

your arguement is invalid

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

By far the most innovative game of 2012. 

edit-

joel -"What are you doing? 

staff - ARG

joel - Are you F^&$#@ serious? This going to make money!?

too good lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Good on ya Funcom!

*Chuckles* That old sausage again?

Your comment isn't really related to my opinion, but I'll bite.

For one, life-time subs to products that by their very definition, change constantly, is just a dumb idea anyway.

That aside, as far as it looks to me, life-timers are getting all the stuff they did when TSW was a sub game, plus a handsome, exclusive monthly bonus on top.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I'll admit that this ARG is nothing like the previous one. The previous one was much more focused around investigating and making connections. While this one has had a litle bit of that, its also alot more Minigamie. so i donno how i feel about this ARG.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Best online gaming company ever!