Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STEAM buyer beware: False Advertising

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

^Click to enlarge - just so people are aware of the facts before buying.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• DukeDuDukeDu Member Posts: 73
    I wonder if we could report then, I've never seen a game on beta for sale on steam let alone on alpha.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Everyone should try to report them to get  them out of steam

That scum dont deserve it

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

depends was this greenlit? if it was then steam wont really care. as those are all indy alpha style games. the features i believe are what they have planned for the game, they just arent included in the current version ROFL.. 

all in all anyone buying games most of all on steam should be smart enough to research it first. other wise..... i have a nice sunny beach front house for sale in the middle of antartica dirt cheap honest...

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

I'm not sure how many people simply browse Steam looking for games to play, so most people who download this should know what they are getting, but at minimum there should be a statement this is an alpha/beta stage.

Just more evidence what a scam it is paying to play a beta

• ZombiefishZombiefish Member Posts: 16
    It is pretty sad how many Beta/Alpha games people voted for on Steam Greenlight, many of the games on the list aren't anything more than vague concepts and are still getting votes.  
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by DeaconX

(picture)

^Click to enlarge - just so people are aware of the facts before buying.

they are promoting with release features. not the actual beta features.

normal behaviour since that's what they sell - even tho you get the beta in advance, this is a BONUS. the described features (but the open world part) are actually accurate ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Zombiefish
    It is pretty sad how many Beta/Alpha games people voted for on Steam Greenlight, many of the games on the list aren't anything more than vague concepts and are still getting votes.  

I think it's absolutely fine to have a game up there that is still unfinished, but it's gotta be stated so people know they're not buying a finished game.

Their purchase merely helps to support development at the stage they're at.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

This isn't a greenlight game, or it would have the greenlight thing plastered all over the page.

It shouldn't be for sale in it's current form.

Also they claimed that early adopters would get the best price, this was back in October, the cheapest you could get the game then was $20 and now it pops up for $15, hilarious.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

I would say they will be adding all the things they claim, but they make no mention at all that this game is not a finished product and that is wrong.  That needs to be stated in my opinion.

Also, the price has gone nothing but down since they released it so if they say this is the lowest price you will get it at I wouldn't believe them for a second.  If you don't need this game right this second trying holding out for an xmas sale or something because this price has only gone down.

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    It's because those are the official features when they're done patching it up to speed, [mod edit]
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by assault3hro
    It's because those are the official features when they're done patching it up to speed, stop complaining children.

What you posted makes no sense.

If the game is finished as advertised why upload an incomplete version?

If it has been uploaded without the features advertised, as per the OP, then his statement stands.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

They've updated the store page. However, it still says that servers can support up to 100 people. I've not played the game myself but after watching TotalBiscuit's video on it it seems like 50 people is the maximum on all servers currently available.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

They've updated the store page. However, it still says that servers can support up to 100 people. I've not played the game myself but after watching TotalBiscuit's video on it it seems like 50 people is the maximum on all servers currently available.

They actually are running some 100 player servers now. About 5 or so from what I saw.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

It looks like several people have noticed that WarZ has changed it's TOS.

They are now forcing players to sign a terms of service agreement before playing, which reportedly "disallows refunds" of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/fans-say-theyve-been-misled-by-war-z-developers-6401741