Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Digital Expansion Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new post has arrived on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site to announce that a digital expansion will be arriving in the spring of 2013. The expansion will feature a level cap increase to 55, a new planet, Makeb, hangs in the balance, a new enemy will rise and much more.

The first Digital Expansion for The Old Republic™ introduces an aggressive new enemy threatening the future of the galaxy: the Hutt Cartel

• Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!

• Face-off against a frightening new enemy when you battle the nefarious Hutt Cartel.

• The fate of the new planet Makeb is at stake... and in your hands.

• Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

Read more on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Woot! Can't wait. :)
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Color me intrigued.  Just resubbed and am somewhat enjoying the game again, now that I've had a long enough break to forget half the content, lol.  Hope this new expansion adds some sweet new systems and mini games like Pazaak and pod racing and such.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Around 10 bucks isn't that bad for an expansion but i hope Makeb and it's story won't be too short.

Really curious about this: "Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!". Hope they add minigames or i can only dream,  Improved Space game!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Has horrible dejavu about the warhammer "expansion"
  • svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Honestly if they don't add systems beyond PVP instances, dungeons, and personal story missions it won't do them any good. Non-combat systems are really the future of MMORPGs, I think.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    i hope it includes JTL type space upgrade and Cathar would be cool too.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The devs need to fix the current game instead of trying to add more crap on top of the already bad code. otherwise they are repeating the same errors SOE made with SWG. 

So basically, I still wouldn't play this game even if my life depended on it. 

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    I'm assuming the Cathar that they were talking about will be in the expansion, and i wonder of the so called 'secret space system' or whatnot that they had spoken about will be included...
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I'm curious if this would further cut off free players?
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    i hope it includes JTL type space upgrade

I doubt it tbh but i would go back for a gander at that if it did. Otherwise i probably won't bother as 5 more levels of the story doesn't interest me.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Don't think it will as you will most likley not need a subscription to access the new content (ofc you will have to actually BUY the expansion... but that is not anything new) so i think you can remina a free player and just pay for the expansion.

This have been a good conversation

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Czanrei

The devs need to fix the current game instead of trying to add more crap on top of the already bad code. otherwise they are repeating the same errors SOE made with SWG. 

What is "broken" in the current game? Since you don't play I would love to know. Don't spout off some random BS you copy from other people. 99% of the stuff I see people complaining about being broken or having problems with are BS. I and my wife play the game on three different rigs. AMD processor and GPU in one desktop, an Intel/Nvidia gpu in the 2nd desktop, and the Intel/Nividia laptop. I'll add a forth for my best friend that bootcamps it on his Mac. Never seen 99% of the problems people have.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    The poll on this board had an overwhelming number of people saying the game would never have an expansion. Wouldd you like those words with Ketchup, or Mustard guys?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by Souldrainer
    The poll on this board had an overwhelming number of people saying the game would never have an expansion. Wouldd you like those words with Ketchup, or Mustard guys?

Yeah I remember that. I wish the haters would jump ship and start hating on something else. I get so tired of it. But they'll come up with some excuse as to why they were wrong.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Cool!
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Mechanism
    I'm curious if this would further cut off free players?

of course..since it costs $20...

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

What is "broken" in the current game? Since you don't play I would love to know. Don't spout off some random BS you copy from other people. 99% of the stuff I see people complaining about being broken or having problems with are BS. I and my wife play the game on three different rigs. AMD processor and GPU in one desktop, an Intel/Nvidia gpu in the 2nd desktop, and the Intel/Nividia laptop. I'll add a forth for my best friend that bootcamps it on his Mac. Never seen 99% of the problems people have.

I think is referring to Ilum.

This engine cant take more than 20 people fighting together it seems.

I critizied swtor on my first month. Since then the game has improved (need to keep doing it)

The game is moving in the right direction I hope they fix all problems and people can really enjoy this game.

Too much hate in this forums. As a former WAR player I have plenty of reasons to hate ea but the way is treating swtor is light years from warhammer.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Dont feed the trolls...they eat logic and shit nonsense. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

You know what?  I love SW:TOR, and I can't wait for this expansion.  

There. 

Originally posted by Mesfenlir

I think is referring to Ilum.

This engine cant take more than 20 people fighting together it seems.

I critizied swtor on my first month. Since then the game has improved (need to keep doing it)

The game is moving in the right direction I hope they fix all problems and people can really enjoy this game.

Too much hate in this forums. As a former WAR player I have plenty of reasons to hate ea but the way is treating swtor is light years from warhammer.

The other day in Tatooine there were 3 lvl50 pubs running aound ganking everyone. Sent a call to my guild and we ended up with 7 level 50's going against them and ganking them for a bit. To make a long story short, after about 45mins, we had a neat 20 v 20 going on. We did it 3 times, I maintained 30+ fps on my mid range laptop on Med settings.

Oh, and I sypathize greatly with how Warhammer was handled. I hadn't thought about it in a long time and just thinking about it reopens emotional wounds :(. But I can honestly say I'm having fun with SWTOR. Since I've been playing since headstart, I finally decided to expand my knowledge about the Lore and bought two star wars books. Going to read them in chronological order so I'm halfway through the Lost Sith Tribes book and Revan sitting there waiting on me.

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

You know what?  I love SW:TOR, and I can't wait for this expansion.  

There. 

Yay, same boat. I'm really excited about it. Glad to see some other positive posts.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    I guess the price is worth it.. But that what we get when staff members get cut, a mini expac.. But could this be a shift in practice, and we get a mini expac every year..

Someone said pod-racing in a earlier post.. Was that around back then, I have no clue but I guess they could make something up..
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The way the website describes it, with the Preorder cutoff date Jan 7, 2013 for early access, you'd think this expansion is coming out real soon...

Then it says:

Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

So this "expansion" is coming out next summer?  Christmas 2013?  lol :-)

Anyways, the new story is a single shared story for all classes .. meh .. and without any really cool features to make this game feel like Star Wars, I am not impressed, once again.  What about freeroam space adventure?  They keep ignoring that .. putting it off for so long, that in a recent interview it was mentioned as "far off" from being released.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Woot! Can't wait. :)

le sigh.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

The game is fun, but as with every mmo it needs time to grow, as was back in the day.. How it grows that's another issue..