Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try out Guild Wars 2 , end up banned for no reason whatsoever. Thanks NCSOFT!

CrownregentCrownregent Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hello

I just got GW2 and played on and off mining my own bussiness. Never sold an ingame item on AH or to another player.

Just explored the game and logged off a good two weeks ago to take a break, and now when i try to log on im banned-Disabled?

WTF!?

Comments

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570
    Sounds like your account got hacked or you were doing something dodgy.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Yes! This is NCsoft support for all your troubles. A representative will be with you shortly. You are # 5466355465 in the queue and the average wait time is 4 years 133 days 6 hrs and 15 mins...Please hold.

/sarcasm

Try their site and support

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Did you say anything inappropriate in chat?  They ban accounts for that.  I don't expect you to publicly admit to it even if you did, but that's generally what gets people banned.

The other reasons accounts are banned are payment processing issues and botting/gold selling.  The botting/gold selling could have been from the account being hacked.  If that's the case, it's time to come up with fresh login names and passwords that have never been used for anything else.  Use those for new game accounts and never repeat the same login/PW combo.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Crownregent
    HelloI just got GW2 and played on and off mining my own bussiness. Never sold an ingame item on AH or to another player.Just explored the game and logged off a good two weeks ago to take a break, and now when i try to log on im banned-Disabled?WTF!?

Whats your character name?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CrownregentCrownregent Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Ramses the Cursed
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Hello

I just got GW2 and played on and off mining my own bussiness. Never sold an ingame item on AH or to another player.

Just explored the game and logged off a good two weeks ago to take a break, and now when i try to log on im banned-Disabled?

WTF!?

So what type of ore do you get from that? Does it sell well?

You were probably either hacked or someone attempted to hack your account so they disabled it to prevent that happening. Better them doing that than someone selling your account on ebay.

Well here is the problem with NCsoft.. with their NON existent support service, To petition to get YOUR account back is waste of time as they 1 : Dont respond 2 : Always assume YOUR at fault 3 : If they somehow help , god forbid, its because their CEO made them do it.

So... either way your... f¤### with them. No wonder they were forced to make Aion f2p cause they couldnt handle the complaints from it.

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

Yep, same thing happen to me.

I started playing, but did not get to into it because the game was just released a few days ago. Decided to take a break for a few weeks to let the bugs get worked out, came back and tried to log on and BAM! it said my account was banded. hell i only had 1 lvl 10 toon.. and played long enough to say a total of about 20 words over chat. what could i have done to get band??

Well after that i decided to buy another copy of the game I.E game code. because i had a freind that just bought the game and wanted me to play with him... so fine..

i played another toon to lvl 20 and had to leave the state for about a week for work.. when i came back to play again BAMM! i was banded again!!! WTF!!!!! WTF!!!! WTF!!!!!

i only played with 1 other person My RL buddy! I will never buy another Game from NCsoft.. this has never happen to me in 12 years of online gaming.. Never been banded or even a warning!!! then doing some research i found Krip on youtube and after watching his video about him getting banded for doing nothing wrong, Seems like they band people just to see if they will buy another copy of the game or something... Its free to play, so the only way they make more money is if you buy another copy of the game.

• MasterKush818MasterKush818 Member Posts: 26

yea NC soft support is retarded....pain in the ass just to reset ur password...i was gonna give the game another try..i own it after all...but ncsoft is so fucking retarded i dont even want to bother. cant even play a game i paid for without having to divulge sensitive information that THEY SHOULD HAVE ON FILE. i give them the email i used to create the account and they are dumbfounded. fucking retards

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

What's the message you get when you try to log in, if any?

There's a chance your account got hacked somehow and was banned for botting, several people got that and had their accounts reinstated by support after a password change.

Also, where did you buy it from?. I had some friends that pre-purchased the game at a big discount from some chinese sites (this was before release), and when the second beta weekend came they found their accounts blocked. Turned out some people had bought several accounts from the anet website directly using stolen credit card info, and when the purchases were reported and reverted, the accounts were blocked. They contacted the site that sold it to them, they claimed that a 4th party had provided them with the keys and they had no idea they were fraudulent, and gave them their money back, sand they bought the game directly from anet.

Anyway, the only thing you can do for now (if you intend to keep playing, that is) is to contact support, which is probably swamped at this time because of the winterday event, and wait for them to respond. Hope it all works out for you in the end.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Funny thing support is actually from Arenanet. But I guess we can throw the "publisher" in there so its more dramatic.

[mod edit] FYI How the living hell did i bot when i only got to lvl 10 ? And secondly didnt have a single harvesting-gathering skill?

Tell me how i botted then? The whole purpose of botting is to do something thats boring by a third party program.

Like gathering, killing rare mobs etc. And thats kinda hard to do if your COMPUTER IS OFF!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There's no way to tell if what the OP is saying is true, false, a lie or a fantasy. ANet isn't going to browse these forums looking for the two people in a thousand who got their account borked, so posting here isn't going to result in anything beneficial happening.

OP, knowingly or not, you did something wrong or something dumb. Getting your account banned is the result. It sucks, but there you go.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100

Keep your pc clean, dont click random banners or links, dont break the game rules.

Wrong forums bro.

• XXXLXXXL Member Posts: 2

Being banned for no reason does happen, below is a post I made on the Guild Wars 2 Form, I did get my account back but I missed the big event last month and got no compensation for my loss of play time or a Karka Chest.  Anet does have problems and this is a fact.  Gail still has not responded to my post. Having your account terminated for now reason is just plain wrong!  They will not receive anymore of my real life money for the purchase of gems, I will just earn in game gold.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Karka-Chest-Distribution-merged/page/9

"Anet wrongly terminated my account for 6 days and I did not get to play the event; I did not do anything wrong and after review I receive my account back . No chest for me – this is what the e-mail for Anet said:
    “Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Guild Wars Support Team. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience caused by being unable to log into the game during the Lost Shores event. Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer you compensation for the time missed and unable to distribute the chest rewards to you. This was only something offered for players who experienced the disconnection issue while in the process of doing the event. As your account was not a part of the event, we will not be distributing the Lost Shores rewards to you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please be sure to let us know!

Regards,

(deleted name) – Guild Wars Support Team

I truly believe I should receive a chest since I would have been playing all 3 days had Anet not made the error calling me a bot or what ever.

What say you Gail?

Should I file another ticket?"

edit to add link

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

[mod edit] FYI How the living hell did i bot when i only got to lvl 10 ? And secondly didnt have a single harvesting-gathering skill?

Tell me how i botted then? The whole purpose of botting is to do something thats boring by a third party program.

Like gathering, killing rare mobs etc. And thats kinda hard to do if your COMPUTER IS OFF!

I don't believe anyone said "you" were botting.

It is possible someone was able to get into your account. Out of curiosity do you use thier system where, when you try to log in, it sends a message to your e-mail with a link and you get to say "yay or nay" to the access?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XXXLXXXL Member Posts: 2

They had a mass ban of botts in November and got a lot of Not Guilty players in the drag net!  It did happen.