Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know if old owners of the game get some free playtime.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Any idea if people who already own FF14 will be getting any free playtime on its release? Even 7 days would be sufficent to see if I want to sub, I am thinking of starting over even though I got a whm in full AF already and numerious lv 35-40 jobs. Just because the game has been pretty much completly redone I wanna experence it, of course though my new char will have a silver spoon in her mouth because I'll transfer all my gil to her, so I won't be hurting for money.

Thanks if you know or not.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I doubt it.  They technically got several months of free playtime already with the first version.

You make me like charity

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    If you have legacy status, you get a discounted subscription fee.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    if you own a copy if V1 you get V2 free as a patch . I think I heard that there will be a 30 day free trial. Witch is typical for SE to do XI did it , V1 was going that way until the back lash at it. Legacy members can get the full 15$ sub fee for 10$ .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• BlastinBlastin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Yeah, the 1st 30 days are free.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    They should just make it a free to play game with a subscription option.  That is the only way they are going to save face on screwing up the first version.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by purewitz
    They should just make it a free to play game with a subscription option.  That is the only way they are going to save face on screwing up the first version.

I fail to see how that would save them face... when any game goes F2P the community sees it as an admission of failure. The whole point of ARR is to try and overcome that and make a game genuinely worthy of the subscription.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

30 days is plenty of time to find out if it lives up to my expectations.

From what I see so far 2.0 looks like it might be awesome.

Originally posted by grndzro

30 days is plenty of time to find out if it lives up to my expectations.

Agreed.

• The_DhampirThe_Dhampir Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Everyone will get another 30 day free for 2.0.
    Subscription prices are $9.99 for legacy(payed for 3 months before September 31st), $13 for 1 character per world, and $15 for 8 character slots per world.

If the lag is the same in 2.0 I'm out. Nothing in the game aggravated me more than to be out of the plumes on Ifrit and still get hit by them due to lag. I'm not even sure what I'll have to do in the game since i already have everything maxed out.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by The_Dhampir
    If the lag is the same in 2.0 I'm out. Nothing in the game aggravated me more than to be out of the plumes on Ifrit and still get hit by them due to lag. I'm not even sure what I'll have to do in the game since i already have everything maxed out.

New server tech and locations, so it shouldnt be a problem. They will have new stuff to do for vets, though possibly more in the post launch updates. Also as there is a new story, you may want to start a new character.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Think they said after launch they are going to raise the cap by 5 with the 1st major content update which my guess will be about 3-4 months after ARR launches.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by birdycephon

What's legacy status? The key you entered for FFXIV v1 in the past..?

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Legacy status gets subscription discount.

When ARR goes live, those who bought and registered V1.0 will get the first 30 days free.

The engine used on V1 is the engine that is used for FFXIII and can only handle 40 npc's/players at a time and should never been used for FFXIV, they have completely rebuilt ARR and created an engine specificily for the new version build.

I can't say a lot, but most negatives in this thread are unfounded.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Reizla

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

That was the Legacy program.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Reizla

The Legacy Campaign is a loyalty reward available to players who have been playing in V1 for at least 90 days

With V2, the fee structure will be changing and players who qualify for legacy status will be able to take advantage of a legacy player discount. The discounted prices will be the same as the current 30 day fee, while players without legacy status will have to pay the higher older fee for the same service level. 

The new structure has removed the extra character payment and instead given you up to 40 playable characters for your 30 day fee. Players who do not have legacy status will be able to gain a discount if they are happy with a maximum of just one character per world. The full V2 fee structure is as follows: 

Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total
    Legacy £6.89/€9.99/$9.99 30 8 40
    Entry £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 1 8
    Standard £8.99/€12.99/$14.99 30 8 40

Players with legacy status will also be entitled to an exclusive chocobo mount which will become available with the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. They will also be able to request that their name is displayed in the credits for V2.

To qualify for a legacy account you must have subscribed for at least 90 days before June 30th 2012, 2012. This includes a situation where you purchase a 90 day subscription on June 29th, you do not actually have to have used those 90 days yet. If you qualify for legacy status you will know about it via a logo in the character select screen.

Source:-

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php

Originally posted by zevni78

New server tech and locations, so it shouldnt be a problem. They will have new stuff to do for vets, though possibly more in the post launch updates. Also as there is a new story, you may want to start a new character.

Yeah, I've read everything about their plans. I have more JP friends than I do NA on FFXIV, which puts me in a jam if i stay or move. I don't have the lag issues on PSO2  or FFXI that I did on FFXIV. 

Yeah, I've read everything about their plans. I have more JP friends than I do NA on FFXIV, which puts me in a jam if i stay or move. I don't have the lag issues on PSO2  or FFXI that I did on FFXIV. 

The lag for XIV was caused by more than the server location, fingers crossed ARR may play well enough on the Jap servers for western players. What was it like playing with Japanese? How was the auto translate?

Originally posted by zevni78

The lag for XIV was caused by more than the server location, fingers crossed ARR may play well enough on the Jap servers for western players. What was it like playing with Japanese? How was the auto translate?

I speak japanese and even run a japanese version windows. Auto-translate works fine when FFXIV is running in English. <mithra> <fun> <hole> type stuff was used more than actual communication. Same 'JP ONLY' issues still pop up from FFXI though. 

I'll still need a solid Red Mage hat if they plan to keep me around long.

Old players will also get free race changes and server transfers aswell. They said there would be something like a trial race change before you commit to which butt you want to look at.

They ran a stress test a week ago, but I dunno if it was at all an accurate representation of the load it will get at launch. They might have been just testing the load balancing tech. I'm sure there will be bigger tests to come, but for now, I'm going to asume there will be lag at launch.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Everyone will get another 30 day free for 2.0. Subscription prices are $9.99 for legacy(payed for 3 months before September 31st), $13 for 1 character per world, and $15 for 8 character slots per world. If the lag is the same in 2.0 I'm out. Nothing in the game aggravated me more than to be out of the plumes on Ifrit and still get hit by them due to lag. I'm not even sure what I'll have to do in the game since i already have everything maxed out.

think this is a idiffreant engine they are using

I speak japanese and even run a japanese version windows. Auto-translate works fine when FFXIV is running in English. type stuff was used more than actual communication. Same 'JP ONLY' issues still pop up from FFXI though. 

I'll still need a solid Red Mage hat if they plan to keep me around long.

I envy u, languages are not my thing, 25 yrs of subtitled anime and I havnt learnt a word. ARR does have red mage hats, not sure if you are after a specific type. Red mages themselves arent in yet, they paused the insertion of XI classes till after ARR is out.

• UldahUldah Member Posts: 162

I found my security token today and found all this great news today, but the problem is i stopped playing it before server merge so now all my chars seems to not be active,

My question is if someone knows and is kind enough to share it, 

-will i be able to move the old character data into V2 ?¿.Keep in mind i dont have V1 i stoped playing before server merge around feb 2012.

-If i pay now the 30days fee will i be able to enter with my char the old version before it dies forever ?.

Im kinda undecided what i want to do atm.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Uldah

I found my security token today and found all this great news today, but the problem is i stopped playing it before server merge so now all my chars seems to not be active,

My question is if someone knows and is kind enough to share it, 

-will i be able to move the old character data into V2 ?¿.Keep in mind i dont have V1 i stoped playing before server merge around feb 2012.

-If i pay now the 30days fee will i be able to enter with my char the old version before it dies forever ?.

Im kinda undecided what i want to do atm.

Thanks in advance.

They are transfering all 1.0 characters into ARR.

There is no point in subbing for anything right now, 1.0 is dead (servers are up just for players that subbed till the end, to socialize for a few weeks, though there's no saving data)  and ARR isnt out yet. If you have your old account that will get you 30 free days of ARR, and you should get into beta no prob. Its a new client anyway, so the old is irrelevent.

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Everyone will get another 30 day free for 2.0. Subscription prices are $9.99 for legacy(payed for 3 months before September 31st), $13 for 1 character per world, and $15 for 8 character slots per world. If the lag is the same in 2.0 I'm out. Nothing in the game aggravated me more than to be out of the plumes on Ifrit and still get hit by them due to lag. I'm not even sure what I'll have to do in the game since i already have everything maxed out.

The increase for 8 character slots as opposed to one is small enough to be tempting, but I thought the idea was that you only need one character, because it could pretty much do everything?  What are the advantages of multiple toons? 

• ookarosookaros Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Shortspell

The increase for 8 character slots as opposed to one is small enough to be tempting, but I thought the idea was that you only need one character, because it could pretty much do everything?  What are the advantages of multiple toons? 

Only because people wanted :p  Most of the extra characters will be used as coffer / saler , some for roleplay.