Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF or Skyrim

If you were to choose between preordering DF:UW or gettign Skyrim on Steam. Which would you choose? :o

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    DF:UW playing with other people will add more longevity to the game. (Spelling?)
  • Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Dude..what?

One's an MMO, the other is not. 

Skyrim, imo was lame. Elder Scrolls isn't what it used to me. The series has been casualized too much with quest markers, auto travels, linear dungeons. If you're looking for an immersive single player action RPG get Dark Souls instead. But if I had to pick one between DF and Skyrim it would be DF hands down.

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Params7

Dude..what?

Kinda explains for itself.....and the last poster explained quite well... DF is an mmo and Skyrim is a SP game, totally different game

• Machinist_XXXMachinist_XXX Member Posts: 2
    you do understand skyrim is a "single player" game... if you enjoy playing against a.i alone doing story driven things then whatever, personally i prefer multiplayer in general and skyrim isnt multiplayer or even a mmo, silly question to be honest 
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Skyrim
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Skyrim. Matter fact I am sitting here playing SKyrim saying to myself how much damn fun Ive had with this game since I bought it at release whereas other games are collecting dust.

That being said it is difficult to compare a MMO with a single player RPG. Apples & oranges man.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Skyrim

+1

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This is a confusing thread lol
  • Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Why have you not played skyrim yet, is my answer.
  • DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55

Dude..what?

Skyrim, imo was lame. Elder Scrolls isn't what it used to me. The series has been casualized too much with quest markers, auto travels, linear dungeons. If you're looking for an immersive single player action RPG get Dark Souls instead. But if I had to pick one between DF and Skyrim it would be DF hands down.

You said it mate, Morrowind was probably the best in the Edler Scroll series. There were INTERESTING quests absoutely everywhere, certain decisons blocked out whole series of quests, these was no direct fast travelling and no breadcrumb trail to hold your hand.

Anyways on topic, it's not a fair comparison, but it really depends on how much you're willing to shell out. If you're looking for a great RPG to play, go skyrim. If you want to take a chance on this game and see what it has to offer, try DF. However DF has a 15 dollar/month sub fee, Skyrim as several DLCs, there's that to keep in mind.

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    skyrim
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Dude..what?

Well Dark souls on PC is utter crap, was a terrible port, and the console version was medicore at best. Now considering the how DF was released yeahhhh, I'de go with Skyrim , much better game, if DF: UW turns out to be great, I'de still get Skyrim, why? Because of companies like this that need to be taught a lesson that they shouldn't be treating their customers like assholes and letting people know last second of a delay.

Skyrim!!!!

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Skyrim

+1

+1

• skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47
    Suprised to see so many votes for Skyrim on the Darkfall game section. lol
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Skyrim + all dlcs from Steam (there was a 50% off deal on black friday, might be another one for Christmas).

Steams workshop for Skyrim is superb. Very rich content-wise, easy to use and flawless.

As a former Darkfall player (who did preorder, but I know what exactly what to expect from the game), I'd recommend you to play the wait and see game with Darkfall. We know too little about the game at this point to give you a real advice.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Darkfall is almost to beta, your going to be waiting awhile for the actual launch. You could save up 30$ by the time it launches and buy skyrim now.

I would get skyrim for ps3 or xbox its made for them, the comp version is clunky and feels wrong. The only real advantage you get with the PC version is you can add stuff and make it look pretty with mods. I wish I got it for my PS3 I might have played it more.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Considering you can finish Skyrim with around 20-40 hours in the clock and even if you sidequest a lot, around 100 hours is enough to experience most of it, I'd say you will have Skyrim finished easily before DF:UW is actually launching.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Fearum

I would get skyrim for ps3 or xbox its made for them, the comp version is clunky and feels wrong. The only real advantage you get with the PC version is you can add stuff and make it look pretty with mods. I wish I got it for my PS3 I might have played it more.

Only an idiot would buy Skyrim for consoles if he has a modern PC.

It looks around a bazillion times better on PC and runs better too. Not to mention with SkyUI and Categorized Favourites the UI is actually pretty good for mouse and keyboard.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by Fearum

I would get skyrim for ps3 or xbox its made for them, the comp version is clunky and feels wrong. The only real advantage you get with the PC version is you can add stuff and make it look pretty with mods. I wish I got it for my PS3 I might have played it more.

Only an idiot would buy Skyrim for consoles if he has a modern PC.

It looks around a bazillion times better on PC and runs better too. Not to mention with SkyUI and Categorized Favourites the UI is actually pretty good for mouse and keyboard.

Plus you can get an insane amount of new content for free thanks to modders. And some of those mods are actually impressive, better than the paid DLCs from Bethesda.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by skorner64
    If you were to choose between preordering DF:UW or gettign Skyrim on Steam. Which would you choose? :o

Are those your only options? =/

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Considering you can finish Skyrim with around 20-40 hours in the clock and even if you sidequest a lot, around 100 hours is enough to experience most of it, I'd say you will have Skyrim finished easily before DF:UW is actually launching.

This..........

You have plenty of time for both, by the time DF actually launches you should be done with all the content for skyrim. If I had to choose, I would probably go Skyrim, being I played DF and from my experience Adventurine is a very unprofessional company with very poor communication. I am dragging my feet until well after launch to jump into DF:UW, burn me once.......

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    easy.. flip a coin
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    [mod edit]

I dont class Darkfall as a failed game infact it was very enjoyable and i played it up until the end like many others.. Sure it didnt have wow numbers but no game will ever have wow numbers.

So i dont think it will fail again as it never realyl failed..

Anyway thats besides the point, Darkfall beta launched early this morning, if you want to get in a beta test a MMORPG that has full loot PVP then give Darkfall:UW beta a go but please remember its a beta so there will be bugs and knowing AV lots of them.

If you want to play a single player RPG then give Skyrim a go its actaully pretty good.

But this question was a bit silly really as only you know what you want..

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

"i played it up until the end"

Yet you say it didn't fail....

Yet you warn players that it is bug ridden. A game that has been in development since before my children were born.

Sorry but this game did fail once. Failing twice is yet to be determined.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by skorner64

Silly question - apples to oranges.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.