Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMORPG of 2012

Comments

• Roman291Roman291 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I liked all games, but D3 for me was the worst. Honestly, I have to say GW2 is the best for the sake it's only B2P, and I believe many companies should follow it's business model. 
  • Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Since we are talking about 2012 releases SWTOR was released in 2011.

lol, good point. Fail poll is fail :)

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Originally posted by lilwins
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by Skooma2
    Originally posted by motta11

Lets vote for worst mmorpg of 2012! 

2012 is the worst year for mmorpg world because all these new games (patches) suck !! (I think)

I know Most of these games just SUCK! but pick one :)

1.  The poll is flawed because it does not include ALL MMOs released in 2012 (f2p, b2p, subs, browser)

2.  It appears that no one could play all the games listed in the poll for a sufficient time to determine whether or not they are the "worst" of 2012.

3.  There are no selections for "none of the above" nor "other, please specify."

4.  If you think TSW belongs on any "worst" list, then i must assume that the poll creator is goofy.

TSW does belong on the list....It didn't even meet half of what its own company expected and has pretty much put them up for sale.....Add in lousy combat, animations, little or no multiplayer, and horrific PVP and you have a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.

Do you own the game or played it? If not then stop typing.. I don't even play the game anymore and I can tell you that you're wrong. Just like I don't play Rift anymore but will correct anyone claiming that it's bad.

Look, he isnt wrong. I like tsw, i plan on getting it since it ie going b2p now. However, he isnt wrong in that the general gaming population deemed it unworthy (it only got 200000 sales) and it failed. So obviously, there was something wrong with its implementation. It is completely justified to be on here. 

Yeah there was something wrong all right. TSW wasn'tt made for mass consumption like GW2. FC never claimed they are going to beat WOW like Mike O brian did. So yep  FC did do something wrong .

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Planetside 2.

That SOE is even allowed to bring in another 'game' in this world is unbelievable.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KingMeroKingMero Member Posts: 21
     SWTOR  for sure. It was so big let down.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Yeah there was something wrong all right. TSW wasn'tt made for mass consumption like GW2. FC never claimed they are going to beat WOW like Mike O brian did. So yep  FC did do something wrong .

and GW2 either

and actually GW2 sold more copies than MoP

and dont forget GW2 was not released in asia yet and everyone know it have huge playerbase

• KingMeroKingMero Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Since we are talking about 2012 releases SWTOR was released in 2011.

lol, good point. Fail poll is fail :)

Tera didnt lauch 2012 either.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by saurus123

and GW2 either

and actually GW2 sold more copies than MoP

and dont forget GW2 was not released in asia yet and everyone know it have huge playerbase

I am talking about total playerbase of WOW not just sales of one expansion.

However, FC  made a MMO with a niche settings which was not made for Mc Donald generation. So ofcourse they were never going to sell in millions.

Last time i checked MOP sold 2.7 million copies (could be higher) and GW2 sold above 2 million. So if you got any official info please share but still it doesn't change the fact that you are comparing sales of one MMO with an exapnsion of 8 year old game. Nothing to brag about here.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Considering the hype and cost: SWTOR without a doubt.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Doomtec

SWTOR.

I think that about says it all. Biggest goddamn failure in the history of gaming.

Best game ever I have played, more polished, fun, bug free, incredible voice acting (now in other games I just press accept), incredible music, sw feeling, .... But it looks pvp and endgame had a lot of problem which I would not know as I do not care.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Of the games that I played on that list, I chose Tera. I'm sure there are those who disagree with me and that's ok. This is an opinion poll anyway.

I didn't play SWTOR so I couldn't vote for it. *shrugs* I don't know if it's the big stinker everyone says it is. I just wasn't interested in playing it.

• PureblockPureblock Member Posts: 7

Diablo 3!

After years of developing of this game and diablo fans get so excited just to give them dissappointment?

Man you will play this game like your not Online, repeating the whole scenes and quests are the most annoying for this game.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by motta11

Lets vote for worst mmorpg of 2012! 

2012 is the worst year for mmorpg world because all these new games (patches) suck !! (I think)

I know Most of these games just SUCK! but pick one :)

G=Guild wars 2

Diablo 3 should win since it isn't an mmorpg, wouldn't this make it the worst?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Doomtec

SWTOR.

I think that about says it all. Biggest goddamn failure in the history of gaming.

I still think the Sims online was the worst failure in gaming history, but it is probably debatable.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Poll is flawed, SWTOR came out last year and D3 is not an MMO.

So with that I picked Tera but PS2 is a very close 2nd.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Where is the WarZ option? Doesn't that one take the cake for "Worste MMORPG of 2012"?

After that I'd have to say SWTOR, the freemium transformation is the most horrific I've seen so far. 

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Scummyman
    SWTOR would be worst MMO of the decade.

No that should go to either DF or MO.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Le_NickLe_Nick Member Posts: 6
    SWTOR for sure.. and WoW:MoP too

Youtuber & Gamer!
    Come and check me out:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TwoGamingDogs

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    TERA was the weakest title I played this year, compared to SWTOR and TSW but none of them held my interest for more than a few months and I ended up back in EVE. Although I did not play GW2 my son did and from what I have seen looking over his shoulder the people voting it as worst are probably being a bit disingenuous.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    GW2 hands down for me.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Poll is flawed, SWTOR came out last year and D3 is not an MMO.

I understand this, but SWTOR launched in NA/EU with only 11 days left until it was 2012. And it launched March 1 2012 in Australia.

I just can't wrap my head around seeing votes for anything relating to SWTOR (an MMO!) in the year 2011. 

Which reminds me...SWTOR GOTY 2011. image

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

In expectation terms there's no way to surpass SWTOR for failed expecations.

One or two of the main developers/publishers publically stated they would compete and possibly surpass WoW numbers , implying they'd get and retain 10 million ish subscribers.

No other developer or publisher has stated something like that in recent years.

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

SWTOR is the worst morpg ive played in the last 10 years and I played some bad ones.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Banaghran

Let me start with the punchline...

DIABLO 3 !!!

Flame on!

:)

EDIT: way to add a poll where the joke actually is included...

Diablo 3 isn't an mmorpg, and SWTOR was the worse, imo.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    2012 was a fantastic year for MMORPGs. While I can't say I've played every game on the list, I know enough to say that if you think any of them deserve a 'worst of 2012' title you should probably drop the genre for a bit since you're probably burnt out.

<3